SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

I wonder if this was the same moped that sidelined Budish a couple of years ago ;)

First Budish has a moped incident, now Guertler has a moped incident on a coach's moped...............begs the question, do the members of the hockey program at Minnesota also like fat chicks?

First of all, it's never too early to be tokin.

So you run by the "You can't toke all day if you don't start in the morning!" motto, eh? Nice.

UND went from having some of the best uniforms to some of the cheesiest.

Thanks to you and your easily offended faculty and minions at the NCAA.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24006948/gophers-hockey-mens-womens-doubleheader-at-tcf-bank

The defending NCAA champion Gophers women's hockey team, which finished 41-0 last season, will get join the men's team for an outdoor hockey doubleheader at the second annual Hockey City Classic on Jan. 17 at TCF Bank Stadium.

The Gophers announced Tuesday that the women's team will play Minnesota State Mankato at 4:30 p.m., followed by the men's team playing Ohio State at 8 p.m.

Ohio St is going to have the name of the field changed to THC Bank Stadium in honor of their new jerseys.

On the 10:00 pm MSP news last night, one of the local sportscasters (sorry, I don't pay particular attention to the news station - I tend to bounce around, I think it was Mark Rosen) brings up the Gopher/Ohio State outdoor game...and promptly blasts the decision saying 'wouldn't it be nice to have NORTH DAKOTA or St Cloud or the Duluth Bulldogs come to town instead?'. Ba-zing!

On the 10:00 pm MSP news last night, one of the local sportscasters (sorry, I don't pay particular attention to the news station - I tend to bounce around, I think it was Mark Rosen) brings up the Gopher/Ohio State outdoor game...and promptly blasts the decision saying 'wouldn't it be nice to have NORTH DAKOTA or St Cloud or the Duluth Bulldogs come to town instead?'. Ba-zing!

Any word in the Minneapolis media about Guertler yet? Remember when Schlossman and other G.F. media got called out for not reporting much on problems in the UND program, when indeed they covered court dates, etc. etc.

Any word in the Minneapolis media about Guertler yet? Remember when Schlossman and other G.F. media got called out for not reporting much on problems in the UND program, when indeed they covered court dates, etc. etc.

Sure, there's plenty of news media coverage about Guertler here...it's plastered all over Gopher Puck Live! :lol:

Have it on good account that UND officially offered to play Minnesota "anyway, anytime" over the next few years including 4 consecutive in Mariucci or a neutral site of Minnesota's choosing over the next 2 or 3 years with revenue sharing components of the deal favoring Minnesota. tDon vetoed.

Have it on good account that UND officially offered to play Minnesota "anyway, anytime" over the next few years including 4 consecutive in Mariucci or a neutral site of Minnesota's choosing over the next 2 or 3 years with revenue sharing components of the deal favoring Minnesota. tDon vetoed.

If true, I am not at all surprised. I honestly believe that as long as Don Lucia is the coach of the Gophers the rivalry will not be 'renewed' (*I would love to be wrong on this). Lucia has a strong opinion of UND hockey and he holds the reins. His stubbornness is unfortunate because it's the fans and players (on both sides) who suffer.

Obviously both teams will be fine without regular games, but it's still a bummer to see one man put an end to such a historic rivalry.

• Upvote 1

Lou Nanne "sick" over the Gophers not playing UND...Lou knows that watching a series between us is watching college hockey at its absolute finest...

Say what you want homers each way, but rarely in the college game do you see the combination of skill, physicality, and passion that this series has brought. It is tragic not to play every year.

Neither team "needs" the other for prestige or revenue, but college hockey needs the series- how many blue chippers that have chosen college hockey were sold on either UND or UMN based on a head to head? Prince Albert Raiders vs Saskatoon Blades or UND vs UMN at Mariucci or The Ralph...UND and UMN are not only recruiting against each other and the Boston schools and Michigan, etc but maybe more importantly against the CHL.

Rivalry gotten "too heated" ala Big Joe and Wheeler, Tony Lucia, Kangas' cell phone, tDon's daughter, Hak flipping the bird, Frattin hit, nickname issue in scheduling, supporting smaller MN schools- all excuses- the series should've been locked down.

If my source is right, which I believe to be the case, the sooner Guentzel takes the reigns at Minnesota, the better the program will be and the better college hockey will be.

The Broten goal, the Wheeler goal, the Trupper goal, the Porter goal...Parise, Toews, Greene, Oshie, Martin, Ballard, Okposo, Wheeler...c'mon tDon...let the boys play some big time hockey!!!!!!

If true, I am not at all surprised. I honestly believe that as long as Don Lucia is the coach of the Gophers the rivalry will not be 'renewed' (*I would love to be wrong on this). Lucia has a strong opinion of UND hockey and he holds the reins. His stubbornness is unfortunate because it's the fans and players (on both sides) who suffer.

Obviously both teams will be fine without regular games, but it's still a bummer to see one man put an end to such a historic rivalry.

Another reason why the UM boosters and older former players don't like tDon.