SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

if Michigan does win, how would you like to be minnesota now as the number one seed in grand rapids(michigan is the host team)?

I think it would be justice, considering how the Sioux and others have had to try win in St. Paul as a #1 seed.

I think I saw somewhere there was a scheduling conflict with the red wings

Good grief, there is no excuse for that! Schedules are made out years in advance, they could have (and should have) figured it out a long time ago. I can't remember this ever happening with the WCHA Final Five being at the Xcel Energy Center (home of the Minnesota Wild). Just another big difference between the WCHA and CCHA.

Good grief, there is no excuse for that! Schedules are made out years in advance, they could have (and should have) figured it out a long time ago. I can't remember this ever happening with the WCHA Final Five being at the Xcel Energy Center (home of the Minnesota Wild). Just another big difference between the WCHA and CCHA.

Actually, with the lockout this season, this year's schedule was done in about 24 hours...they didn't just pick up from the date the lockout ended.

And yet there aren't any scheduling problems with the Wild and the Final Five.

I already said the Red Wings are in Anaheim this weekend...it's not their issue.

Besides, when you're only playing a three-game series, a Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday afternoon title game actually makes sense. Saturday attendance should be higher than Friday afternoon, especially since it likely wouldn't be Michigan playing...

someone over on USCHO was comlaining about this as well and the red wings scheduling thing is what someone said was the reason why.

I think it's just too messy to clean up Joe Louis Arena in one day after Thursday's Rihanna concert...

I already said the Red Wings are in Anaheim this weekend...it's not their issue.

Besides, when you're only playing a three-game series, a Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday afternoon title game actually makes sense. Saturday attendance should be higher than Friday afternoon, especially since it likely wouldn't be Michigan playing...

And how will having a Sunday afternoon title game impact attendance? I think it will decrease it because people have to work on Monday and will have to skip the title game even if their team is in it. I know if the Final Five title game was on Sunday afternoon I wouldn't be there.

And how will having a Sunday afternoon title game impact attendance? I think it will decrease it because people have to work on Monday and will have to skip the title game even if their team is in it. I know if the Final Five title game was on Sunday afternoon I wouldn't be there.

Shouldn't be a problem if Michigan makes it...

I actually think this is a good move for college hockey. Think about it, before the selection show was on at 11 in the morning. Now it will bring that to an evening time slot. This is going to help expose the game to more people. Good move in my opinion.

When was the last time that Minnesota has been relevant in any sport but hockey? Their football team has been beaten by NDSU and a all kinds of other crappy schools in FBS. Their basketball team for the most part is a joke, especially after the academic scandal. So I am going to agree with Fighitng Sioux for life.

Second that.

I was glancing at the USCHO board at a topic about attendance and ticket prices for the Hockey East tourney. They are mentioning that attendance is down because the $15 ticket price is scaring fans away. All of the WCHA posters, including myself, are absolutely flabbergasted at the price of their tickets.

I was glancing at the USCHO board at a topic about attendance and ticket prices for the Hockey East tourney. They are mentioning that attendance is down because the $15 ticket price is scaring fans away. All of the WCHA posters, including myself, are absolutely flabbergasted at the price of their tickets.

$15 for a ticket? That's Robert Morris or Holy Cross at UND.

What difference does it make if it is Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. People can take Monday off of work instead of Friday.

I also seem to remember the Xcel being pretty full at the Regionals last year against UM, that was a Sunday game...

People have to work Friday too! If people want to be there they will take the days off no matter what.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the redwings were supposed to be in town on the pre-lockout schedule? I can't find one online but thats the only reason I can think of.