SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Coach K just won his 4th in 2010 and has won at least one NC in 3 different decades. Nice comparison. The difference is he has actually won one. When Coach K has one of the best rosters in the country, he has shown he can win it.

The original comparison was Jack Parker in the previous post I had made on the topic.

You are right, the tourney is not reseeded after the thursday games. If these are the final five teams....SCSU will play the winner of Denver and Wisconsin and Minnesota will play the winner of UND and Mankato.

1 vs. 4/5

2 vs. 3/6

Just posted a question about this on the Mtech thread, so would UND play in the afternoon or at night on Thursday in this scenario? And if they beat MSU, they would play at night Friday against UM, correct?

I was also being facetious. It is difficult and we will get one soon. I don't watch basketball, so yes I would.

You would fire a coach with 12 regular season ACC championships, 13 ACC tournament championships, and 4 NCAA championships? Wow. The expecations of some fans with respect to sports is unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

Just posted a question about this on the Mtech thread, so would UND play in the afternoon or at night on Thursday in this scenario? And if they beat MSU, they would play at night Friday against UM, correct?

I would say UND would play the night game on thursday....because the winner of that game would play Minnesota in the night game on friday.

You would fire a coach with 12 regular season ACC championships, 13 ACC tournament championships, and 4 NCAA championships? Wow. The expecations of some fans with respect to sports is unbelievable.

I don't care about basketball. There is no expectation there.

parker averaged one every 13 years, so hak has a few more years of a grace period. :)

Well, hopefully UND wins a title before then...if not, I guess I can wait until 2018. :lol:

The Gophers are easily in the dance as of today. They were before last nights game as well.

They would have been in even if they lost to Indiana and won their final 3 against the bottom of the B1G last nights win just solidified their spot.

Totally off-topic, Mariucci and SiouxScore...how are you both feeling NOW about Minnesota's NCAA basketball chances? Seems to me a loss to Illinois could mean goodbye NCAA and hello NIT! Shoo-in my a**.

Well, hopefully UND wins a title before then...if not, I guess I can wait until 2018. :lol:

Totally off-topic, Mariucci and SiouxScore...how are you both feeling NOW about Minnesota's NCAA basketball chances? Seems to me a loss to Illinois could mean goodbye NCAA and hello NIT! Shoo-in my a**.

They're still fine, I don't like the way they have been playing but almost all bracketologists have them comfortably in the field still. Both the ESPN and CBS guys have them as a #9 seed even after the loss to Nebraska and Purdue.

• Upvote 1

Where was that in his post?

I had the final standings incorrect.....so I confused the hell out of myself and a couple of others. But yes, I was talking about after the final five Thursday round games. There is no reseeding at the final five.

@SchlossmanGF: MT @TSNBobMcKenzie: Based on my conversations, top 3 college free agents are: DeKeyser, D, WMU; Sustr, D, UNO; Laganiere, RW, Yale.

Sustr could become a nice NHL player! Nice find for dean

That was only game one ...they play again tomorrow night.

Yikes...I thought they had lost Game 1 already...not sure why I even thought that...thanks for the correction.

I've always liked Maine hockey and still believe they were hosed out of an NCAA title in 2002. Their program has really struggled the last couple of years though.

What position is N ?

Believe that is for Nate, his first name.

I'm surprised he isn't drafted. Heavy shot, smart on the ice, works very well on the power play with the top guys. But thats probably a good thing for Minnesota as he could be a four year guy for them.

@SchlossmanGF: MT @TSNBobMcKenzie: Based on my conversations, top 3 college free agents are: DeKeyser, D, WMU; Sustr, D, UNO; Laganiere, RW, Yale.

Sustr could become a nice NHL player! Nice find for dean

Believe that is for Nate, his first name.

I'm surprised he isn't drafted. Heavy shot, smart on the ice, works very well on the power play with the top guys. But thats probably a good thing for Minnesota as he could be a four year guy for them.

Yeah i knew that...look at the post he was responding to

A buddy of mine sent this eamil to Paul Allen, KFAN Mpls, in ref to his recent statement that the Minn Goofers are the "NY Yankess of college hockey".

PA-

It was interesting listening to your program on Tue. You stated the MN Gopher hockey program was the "NY Yankees of College Hockey". It's hard to debate that the Yankees have not been the top/dominant professional baseball team over the years, every meaningful statistic would indicate that they have been. In regards to the Gopher Hockey program, they have not been the "dominant" (granted, one of the good programs) College Hockey Program by any meaningful statistic.

- Most NCAA national titles, Min tied for 5th most overall with 2 other colleges: 1.) Mich 9 ; 2.)Tie: Denver & N. Dakota 7; 4.)Wis 6; 5.)Tie: Boston Col, Boston Univ & Min 8; 6.)Tie Mich State & Mich Tech 3.

- In the last 25 years NCAA titles 1.) Boston Col 4; 2.) Lake Superior St 3; 3.) Tie: Mich, Denver, N. Dakota, Boston Univ, Wis, Maine, & Min 2; 10.) Tie Mich St, Harvard & Min-Duluth, N. Mich 1.

- The Gopher Hockey program has been in WCHA Conf and they have not been the "dominant" program there either. WCHA Championships all-time: 1.) N. Dakota 15 titles; 2.) Min 14; 3.) Denver 12; 4.) Col College 9; 5.) Mich Tech 5.

- WCHA titles in last 20 years 1.) N. Dakota 7; 2.) Min 5; 3.) Col College 6; 4.) Denver 3.

Yes, Min has had a very respectable hockey program but far from being the N.Y. Yankees of college hockey.

• Upvote 3

A buddy of mine sent this eamil to Paul Allen, KFAN Mpls, in ref to his recent statement that the Minn Goofers are the "NY Yankess of college hockey".

PA-

It was interesting listening to your program on Tue. You stated the MN Gopher hockey program was the "NY Yankees of College Hockey". It's hard to debate that the Yankees have not been the top/dominant professional baseball team over the years, every meaningful statistic would indicate that they have been. In regards to the Gopher Hockey program, they have not been the "dominant" (granted, one of the good programs) College Hockey Program by any meaningful statistic.

- Most NCAA national titles, Min tied for 5th most overall with 2 other colleges: 1.) Mich 9 ; 2.)Tie: Denver & N. Dakota 7; 4.)Wis 6; 5.)Tie: Boston Col, Boston Univ & Min 8; 6.)Tie Mich State & Mich Tech 3.

- In the last 25 years NCAA titles 1.) Boston Col 4; 2.) Lake Superior St 3; 3.) Tie: Mich, Denver, N. Dakota, Boston Univ, Wis, Maine, & Min 2; 10.) Tie Mich St, Harvard & Min-Duluth, N. Mich 1.

- The Gopher Hockey program has been in WCHA Conf and they have not been the "dominant" program there either. WCHA Championships all-time: 1.) N. Dakota 15 titles; 2.) Min 14; 3.) Denver 12; 4.) Col College 9; 5.) Mich Tech 5.

- WCHA titles in last 20 years 1.) N. Dakota 7; 2.) Min 5; 3.) Col College 6; 4.) Denver 3.

Yes, Min has had a very respectable hockey program but far from being the N.Y. Yankees of college hockey.

Maybe he just meant they're hated by damn near everyone, as are the Yankees?
  • Upvote 1