SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

I have watched some of this game, I guess there is a reason, that attendance is dwindling in Madison, I don't know if would walk across the street to watch this style of hockey, it's brutal.

This. Who in their right mind would EVER want to watch a team play that style of hockey night in and night out? It's so damn boring its ridiculous.

Against a vaunted Big Ten rival, on a Sunday night with nothing else going on, Wisconsin draws 8,547. Abysmal.

That's half of what they draw when North Dakota goes to Madison.

Oh yeah, that Big Ten Hockey is working out great so far, eh Mr. Alvarez?

So with PSU play last night the Big 10 hockey conference is really a 5 team league.

It didn't take long for Mankato, St Cloud, or Bemidji to be respectable after becoming D1 and I think it will be the same for Penn State. Hockey is far from foreign in PA, they have 2 NHL teams and youth hockey is booming.

It didn't take long for Mankato, St Cloud, or Bemidji to be respectable after becoming D1 and I think it will be the same for Penn State. Hockey is far from foreign in PA, they have 2 NHL teams and youth hockey is booming.

Good points with 2 solid NHL franchises. It just takes landing a couple big recruits then things will start flowing at penn state. Look forward to watching UND win the natty in that state as well :)

:lol:

If you're lucky they'll have it on at the Blue Moose when I go there for a couple beers in a bit. If it is I'll just repeatedly bash my head against the bar and squirt jalapeno juice into my eyes

Witty stuff. I know some Sioux fans are annoyed by Gopher fans on the board but I find most of your comments aren't bad at all. Humor on the board...+1.

Back on topic, Wisconsin fans aren't sold on Eaves and many are frustrated with next year's schedule including non-Friday and Saturday games. Can't say I blame them...

I've said it before.....Minnesota rolls to the league title next year. Wisconsin won't be anything special, Mich State....meh.....Ohio State...meh....Michigan has to be better, but not better than Minnesota. I guess give Penn State some time?

Put Minnesota on the Woody Hayes trophy now.

No kidding. At one point during the first period the dude said "Welcome to Big Ten hockey!" even though there was no action. :lol:

yep, in refernce to the new conference the play by play man whoever he is said "if this is any indication of what hockey in february will be like between wisconsin and penn state this will be gorgeous hockey" OMG. :D