SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I love watching the fans in Fargo try to spin the miss-deeds of the criminals criminal element on the Moo U NDSU Football team. It’s comical, the 12 voter fraud buffoons were victims, Travis Beck was a victim, blah, blah, blah… Win at all costs. I would be willing to bet, that if Beck was a UND football player, he would be sitting for the opener.

I bet if we compare the number of FBI Numberd, UND and NDSU have, I bet that NDSU wins that award as well hands down.

Its two different views of what is "suspendable". A DUI is a one-game suspension at NDSU. At UND, missing a class check is a one-game suspension and it has been proven multiple times over the past 3 years. To each his own.

Its two different views of what is "suspendable". A DUI is a one-game suspension at NDSU. At UND, missing a class check is a one-game suspension and it has been proven multiple times over the past 3 years. To each his own.

In my opinion, DUI is more serious than a one game.

Two resisting arrests and one minor over the course of his career (not to mention an assault charge that was dropped) and never missed a game.

As a UND fan I love it. We should be embracing it because this is headed down Rocky Hager Drive and we will all get to watch it implode over the next 4-5 years. History has a funny way of repeating itself.

So if history has a funny way of repeating itself how long will it be before -ND FB wins a National championship????

That's okay.

Kansas State will deliver a punishment. :lol:

What was it GT said about not tolerating certain types of crimes. I think it was said before Beck got in trouble. They just keep circling the fort at NDSU. There is no pattern of consistency at NDSU on how they handle the crime spree within their program. They just seem to come out looking more foolish with each arrest.
  • Upvote 1

What was it GT said about not tolerating certain types of crimes. I think it was said before Beck got in trouble. They just keep circling the fort at NDSU. There is no pattern of consistency at NDSU on how they handle the crime spree within their program. They just seem to come out looking more foolish with each arrest.

Ultimately, it reflects on the quality of the university. Apparently, they are willing to sacrifice the credibility of the university for the "glory" of tier II championships.

College athletics is a marketing tool. Especially with a public university. It becomes the first look at a university for many young people looking for a quality higher education. They are doing themselves no favors by becoming better known for the police blotter than the very limited exposure they get for FCS championships.

I could envision if things don't change soon, a third FCS championship or not, GT may find his butt out the door. I have a suspicion that Mr. Clean may have to go along with GT on some of these decisions...which could keep him in as the head coach. For the time being.

• Upvote 1

Ultimately, it reflects on the quality of the university. Apparently, they are willing to sacrifice the credibility of the university for the "glory" of tier II championships.

College athletics is a marketing tool. Especially with a public university. It becomes the first look at a university for many young people looking for a quality higher education. They are doing themselves no favors by becoming better known for the police blotter than the very limited exposure they get for FCS championships.

I could envision if things don't change soon, a third FCS championship or not, GT may find his butt out the door. I have a suspicion that Mr. Clean may have to go along with GT on some of these decisions...which could keep him in as the head coach. For the time being.

You would think president Dean Brecianti would be tired of the negative publicity that his athletic department (mostly the football team) is generating. It can't be too good to turn on the news and instead of sports scores you hear about someone's rap sheet.

• Upvote 1

You would think president Dean Brecianti would be tired of the negative publicity that his athletic department (mostly the football team) is generating. It can't be too good to turn on the news and instead of sports scores you hear about someone's rap sheet.

I'll bet he is. However, he also has the biggest fan base for football they have ever had. A fan base that is pretty deluded and actually believes their tier II "glory" outweighs the assaults, public penis displays, petition faking, and other sorted crimes and misdemeanors that have actually been putting the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences front and center with the media.

Lots of talk about NDSU here but not a whole lot about the big fan day -ND just had. Any reason why? Let me guess. Nobody cares about our FB program (250 people for fan day???? Really????) so we should probably keep the focus on someone else .

• Upvote 1

Lots of talk about NDSU here but not a whole lot about the big fan day -ND just had. Any reason why? Let me guess. Nobody cares about our FB program (250 people for fan day? ??? Really? ???) so we should probably keep the focus on someone else .

I too am surprised there is no talk about UND's media day in a thread about NDSU. There are the same number of threads on Bisonville about UND's fan day as there are about NDSU's fan day.

Lots of talk about NDSU here but not a whole lot about the big fan day -ND just had. Any reason why? Let me guess. Nobody cares about our FB program (250 people for fan day? ??? Really? ???) so we should probably keep the focus on someone else .

Here is the weekly ad for Best Buy:

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=&citystatezip=58103-3336

Pass this on to the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's football team. That way, if they selectively shoplift items from the sales ad, they might be able to keep the value under $500. Avoid the felony charges and Mr. Clean probably won't suspend them for the Ferris State game.

Of course, it's all hands on deck for the upcoming pounding in Manhattan, Kansas... :lol:

Bresciani is too busy trying to cover up his own misdeeds.

This statement tells me you have no idea what is actually going on at the AC.

The occasional Forum article aside, the prez/AD take very little criticism in Fargo already. Forget a 3rd straight title (even one of Jeff Bentrim's teams lost in the championship game), another deep run in the playoffs and it would take something happening on campus which is a lot worse than the types of things we've seen to this point for the focus to move from the offending student athlete and onto the prez/AD. Until then, those two are in no danger. If anything I see the opposite. If they choose it, I see Bresciani, Bohl, and GT taking a job at the next level long before they get shown the door.

The occasional Forum article aside, the prez/AD take very little criticism in Fargo already. Forget a 3rd straight title (even one of Jeff Bentrim's teams lost in the championship game), another deep run in the playoffs and it would take something happening on campus which is a lot worse than the types of things we've seen to this point for the focus to move from the offending student athlete and onto the prez/AD. Until then, those two are in no danger. If anything I see the opposite. If they choose it, I see Bresciani, Bohl, and GT taking a job at the next level long before they get shown the door.

I agree, unless the NCAA smacks an Ohio State or SMU type sanctions on NDSU for its off-field incidents I don't see GT going anywhere.

I think you underestimate the power of the mission statements of these universities. They wish to excel in athletics, but not at the expense of the mission of the university.

If this keeps up at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences, there will be changes in the athletic department. It doesn't matter how many tier II banners get flown in the "dome".

I too am surprised there is no talk about UND's media day in a thread about NDSU. There are the same number of threads on Bisonville about UND's fan day as there are about NDSU's fan day.

If its not in this thread where is it so I can check it out??

If its not in this thread where is it so I can check it out??

We all know. UND had a fan night for football. So did NDSU. More people were at Ndsu's fan night because they are more popular right now and have a larger population to draw from to attend. That simple. If you want to gloat or make fun, then do it. But there really isn't much to discuss. NDSU football is more popular right now. Championships, more fans, more tailgaters....we get it. Either make fun or float and move on. We all know what you are getting at. I am more interested in talking about football than fan fests.