SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs South Dakota Mines

Cratter

Here is hoping to some big plays in the first half tonight. I'm expecting us to lose some students at halftime but as someone mentioned earlier, if we play an entertaining brand of football, they will be back when a better opponent comes to town (i.e- next week). I don't want to see a replay of last season running the ball every down vs. Drake. Get up big at half and have the outcome be what the fans are expecting. Big plays on offense, big hits on defense. That is my expectation for tonight.

First, I have to say that UND should win easily. I'm kinda disappointed that this game is on the schedule. But, maybe it will be a good scrimmage before next week. And I hope UND crushes them, cuz I'm a UND grad and fan.

Second, I keep seeing reference to South Dakota Mines here. I grew up in Rapid City and absolutely love Tech. It's a great school. With a rotten football team. Yeah, we usually call it Tech, not Mines. Colorado calls their similar school in Golden "Mines". South Dakotans usually call this school "Tech". With the awesome nickname of the "Hardrockers". Gotta love that. They also had one of the greatest student run college radio stations that ever existed, KTEQ. (K-TECH, I did some time there...lots of fun)

Tech is having a horrible transition to D-II. The RMAC doesn't want them. That sucks. Tech is in the second largest city in South Dakota and the RMAC blew them off. Kinda pisses me off. However, Rapid City has never really supported their athletic programs with a fan base. I can kind of see why the RMAC ignored their request for membership.

This game appears to be such a mismatch that I can't even have any fun teasing my friends that graduated from Tech. I talked to a few of them, they know it's their "money" game. Oh well, let's crush 'em and get it over with...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/060048F7BCE05213?artistid=837921&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

not sure how accurate this is, but looks like there are still lots of open seats. (zoom in on the seating to see individual seats) looks like the equivalent of 6 unsold sections, not including students, mostly in 201, 202, 207, 208, 209, 217 and 218. Not including students, i'd say there are 3000 unsold tickets at this point. Hopefully there are lots of gate sales.

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=8

not sure how accurate this is, but looks like there are still lots of open seats. (zoom in on the seating to see individual seats) looks like the equivalent of 6 unsold sections, not including students, mostly in 201, 202, 207, 208, 209, 217 and 218. Not including students, i'd say there are 3000 unsold tickets at this point. Hopefully there are lots of gate sales.

Walkup sales should be good. People know it isn't sold out, so they wait and buy right before the game.

The Alerus and UND has always said they get a lot of game day sales for football. Hopefully that is true today. New "Tailgate Village", new turf, new jerseys, new QB and a lot of good players, potential to put up a lot of points, and that it is supposed to be 84 degrees when tailgate opens; Hopefully one or any of those factors will get those fans on the fence about coming to come out to the Alerus for the game.

• Upvote 1

About 1,000 of those 3,000 might be reserved for Military Appreciation Night (they are issuing up to 1,000 free tickets to Military personnel (Guard, Air Force, Naval Reserve, etc.). I was going to buy 6 tix for tonight, and lo and behold, when I walked up to the box office, the guy told me that I could get up to 5 free tix because of my military affiliation. #bestdayever!

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up, if there are any National Guard Soldiers or Airmen, Naval Reservists, Air Force personnel, ect. You can get up to 5 free tickets tonight for the UND football game. Just show up at 5 p.m. in the Alerus Center ballroom. That is where they will be doled out. Go UND!

About 1,000 of those 3,000 might be reserved for Military Appreciation Night (they are issuing up to 1,000 free tickets to Military personnel (Guard, Air Force, Naval Reserve, etc.). I was going to buy 6 tix for tonight, and lo and behold, when I walked up to the box office, the guy told me that I could get up to 5 free tix because of my military affiliation. #bestdayever!

A small token of appreciation for your service. But, BONUS!

• Upvote 2

Just a heads up, if there are any National Guard Soldiers or Airmen, Naval Reservists, Air Force personnel, ect. You can get up to 5 free tickets tonight for the UND football game. Just show up at 5 p.m. in the Alerus Center ballroom. That is where they will be doled out. Go UND!

Thanks for the service Teeder

I've been told that the normal student ticket allotment was sold out yesterday afternoon.

However, they are still giving out student tickets to any who request them. I think this is a good idea in the sense that it creates a more fun and exciting atmosphere within the student section specifically. Maybe that will help make their decision for coming to future games this year.

Well over 3,000 students should be in attendance at the game tonight, if what I'm being told is true.

I've been told that the normal student ticket allotment was sold out yesterday afternoon.

However, they are still giving out student tickets to any who request them. I think this is a good idea in the sense that it creates a more fun and exciting atmosphere within the student section specifically. Maybe that will help make their decision for coming to future games this year.

Well over 3,000 students should be in attendance at the game tonight, if what I'm being told is true.

i was told this morning that the student ticket allotment was not sold out, and i have a ticket for the normal student section. I can't imagine that 3,000 students are going to show up. Hell I'm not sure I would believe that 3,000 students actually know about the game.

i was told this morning that the student ticket allotment was not sold out, and i have a ticket for the normal student section. I can't imagine that 3,000 students are going to show up. Hell I'm not sure I would believe that 3,000 students actually know about the game.

Mr. Positive speaks again. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

There really is no reason UND shouldn't have 3,000 at football games if the team isn't bad.