SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I may have to order up a grinder kit to see how the "new" new bread stacks up. See how it travels too, wont br back in Forks till Julyish.

I had a dream last night I had a few days in Forks and I forgot to get a Red Pepper or any shark wings from the Cay.......  actually, it was more like a nightmare.

41 minutes ago, sprig said:

Sure,  but you've never had food you didn't like:)

Not true, I am not a big fan of many items. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. I don't like Spaghetti Squash. 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Sure,  but you've never had food you didn't like:)

Have you tried it since they switched the bread?  I thought it was pretty good, but I haven't been a grinder regular over the years. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Have you tried it since they switched the bread?  I thought it was pretty good, but I haven't been a grinder regular over the years. 

Yes, I didn't mind the bread in question. Since they moved to the South End of town, it's convenient and inexpensive. My daughter likes eating there. 

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This is an acceptable step for summer beer choice. Much more respectable. :)-

When I was in TX for work, Corona was cheap and I drank my fair share of them. 

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Tried the first version. Hated it.  Haven't tried the recent "improved" version

On 5/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, UND1983 said:

That appears to be back to normal.  :)

Finally tried the improved baker boy bun grinder today, and can't tell it from the Hugo's bun. Some may like it better. Can now go back to my regularly scheduled grinder.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Where to eat...not the Columbia Mall food court apparently.

Only Magic Chopstix remains...and Friday at 7 it's closed.

Too bad.  Liked eating there when at the mall.  

Must be an epidemic cause the Fargo mall is down to 6 restaurants, I believe.  

Heck, if the Chinese food join that was the remnants of Shangri-La (it was in a strip mall on Columbia at about 20th Ave) was still open I'd be happy. 

My Saturday hockey pregame meal keeps having to change and move. It was Shangri-La, then Grizzlies, then that Chinese joint, then Wild Hog. Now what. :unsure:

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Heck, if the Chinese food join that was the remnants of Shangri-La (it was in a strip mall on Columbia at about 20th Ave) was still open I'd be happy. 

My Saturday hockey pregame meal keeps having to change and move. It was Shangri-La, then Grizzlies, then that Chinese joint, then Wild Hog. Now what. :unsure:

You choose those places because they were easy to get into before a hockey game? 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If I ever open a restaurant please never go there before a game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I do seem to have, shall we politely say, a less than positive track record. 

You probably visited Dagwood’s, Joe Dimaggio’s, Shakey’s, Players, Frenchy’s, & Toppers before games at one time, too. All good pre-game venues back in the day in GF. Look what you’ve done.