SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

• 5 years later...
38 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Buy or Sell: We have an individual 1,000 yard rusher

Buy or Sell: We have a 1,000 yard receiver

Yes on rusher - we have the talent as long as we don't try to pick it up 1 yard up the middle at a time

No on receiver - it would be nice though and with a new QB coming in it isn't out of reach.

36 minutes ago, Irish said:

Yes on rusher - we have the talent as long as we don't try to pick it up 1 yard up the middle at a time

No on receiver - it would be nice though and with a new QB coming in it isn't out of reach.

I agree we have the talent for sure. Any one of our three backs alone could be 1,000 yard rushers I believe. I just don’t know if one will reach the mark with a 3-way split. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Buy or Sell: We have an individual 1,000 yard rusher

Buy or Sell: We have a 1,000 yard receiver

Sell on both. 

Too many backfield options plus questionable offensive line. 

No dominant receiver capable of 1000 yard season plus not enough emphasis on passing game.

Could see three rushers all over 500 or two over 800 a piece though, which would be fine with how UND wants to play ball. 

18 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sell on both. 

Too many backfield options plus questionable offensive line. 

No dominant receiver capable of 1000 yard season plus not enough emphasis on passing game.

Could see three rushers all over 500 or two over 800 a piece though, which would be fine with how UND wants to play ball. 

Definitely sell on the WR getting 1,000.  None of our WR's are head and shoulders above the rest, I mean if you were going to pick a guy to get 1,000 yards....not even sure who you would pick.    Too many good options at RB I agree, which is a good thing.  For RB's I'd love to see all 3 get over 700 yards!  Santiago can hopefully break off a couple big ones this year like when he was a freshman.  But hopefully they will be doing some other things with him to get him in space, screens etc., but still think he can get 700 on ground.  

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What if we have a rusher with 1000 yards receiving? :0

First offensive play of the year........Santiago out wide.....with Brady and JJ in the backfield.  Ok, probably don't waste that surprise on the first game of the year....or maybe not even the second game.   But hope we see something like that a few times this year.