SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I think you're right. I think we will seen improved o-line play but being in the MVFC this year will give us challenges running the ball.

Buy or Sell - Garrett Maag has a 1,000 yards receiving.

This a good one - I'll go with sell but he will be close (~900 yards)

12 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Who's going to be the starting quarterback for this team. Also I have no idea what we have for talent at quarterback and what type of talent we have. I look at the present roster and i see 3 very young people competing for quarter back. So someone put analysis forth on what we can expect from quarterback and will we be able to throw the football with these prospects. I would prefer to have some experience there at the quarterback position but that doesn't look to be the case for this year.  Schuster played some last year but didn't set the world on fire either. I got to believe if were going to win MV will need to be able to pass the football just to many good defenses in MV to rely on running game need to be able to mix it up to have good offense in this conference. 

Schuster is definitely the favorite going into the season. The other two are true freshmen and Schuster won a game for UND against a ranked opponent in 2019. 

There's no guarantees, but Schuster is the early favorite for sure. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Schuster is definitely the favorite going into the season. The other two are true freshmen and Schuster won a game for UND against a ranked opponent in 2019. 

There's no guarantees, but Schuster is the early favorite for sure. 

Agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Year Maag had 610 yds, 5TDs and Ave just over 50yds a game.

Now in the MVFC UND are not harden playing a Big Sky schedule.  

Buy or Sell does Maag surpass his last year stats?  It's a big buy for me.  He will be one of the three best receivers in the league.

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Buy or Sell does Maag surpass his last year stats?  It's a big buy for me.  He will be one of the three best receivers in the league.

Easy buy. I asked about him being a 1000 yard receiver previously. He’s going to be the #1 target. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, Nodak78 said:

I will buy him over 1,000 yards.  Wanzek almost had 1,000 yards and Toivonen almost had 700 yards so there will be lots of passes and yards available

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wright4UND said:

I will buy him over 1,000 yards.  Wanzek almost had 1,000 yards and Toivonen almost had 700 yards so there will be lots of passes and yards available

Based off this and the receiving yards out there to be had in 2020, Buy or Sell....does another WR other than Maag get over 500 yards this year, and whom is your guess it would be?  I'd say either Boltmann or Cochran have a chance. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Based off this and the receiving yards out there to be had in 2020, Buy or Sell....does another WR other than Maag get over 500 yards this year, and whom is your guess it would be?  I'd say either Boltmann or Cochran have a chance. 

my guess would be boltmann.  What about you? 

3 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

my guess would be boltmann.  What about you? 

I would also say Boltmann.  He could really turn out to be a stud at WR as a full time starter at WR.  Hopefully the other QB's are playing really well, and we don't need to use him in the Brockstar, or at least not very often...and he can concentrate on WR.  The kid is fun to watch with the ball in his hands. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I think Boltmann could get 500 yds.  I think we could have a 1,000 yd and (2) 500 yd receivers   

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

I think Boltmann could get 500 yds.  I think we could have a 1,000 yd and (2) 500 yd receivers   

I see boltmann with more yards than Maag.  Maag had a rough finish to the season last year... Hope that isn't going to linger.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Buy or Sell we see some new jersey’s and/or helmets this season, whenever that is. I only ask because Bemidji State can somehow manage to have 3 different helmets but we can’t? 

Here's my take, BSU is an average NSIC team that has more money than most because of success generous alumni. Maybe they should spend the money elsewhere because it certainly isn't helping their production on the field. 

I will admit those jerseys are great though.