SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU Jumps In

Matt

SDSU AD Justin Sell on the @MikeMcFeelyKFGO show: SDSU will not schedule UND (except existing contracts) until nickname issue is resolved.

This tweet was from Jayson Hajdu (undsid)...look at the word resolved...does that mean gone or does that mean resolved after the June 12th vote? I hate that word resolved. It was resolved on Novemeber 30, 2010 either way the name was resolved but we still couldn't get into the SL because Douple used that word resolved. So which is it...gone or after the vote.

SDSU AD Justin Sell on the @MikeMcFeelyKFGO show: SDSU will not schedule UND (except existing contracts) until nickname issue is resolved.

This tweet was from Jayson Hajdu (undsid)...look at the word resolved...does that mean gone or does that mean resolved after the June 12th vote? I hate that word resolved. It was resolved on Novemeber 30, 2010 either way the name was resolved but we still couldn't get into the SL because Douple used that word resolved. So which is it...gone or after the vote.

I'm guessing "unresolved" means if UND is still saddled with the Sioux moniker for any reason and remains on the H&A list, we're not playing SDSU. "Academic speak"?

I'd guess they mean resolved as in off the NCAA sh*t list....

Of all of the possible sanctions and possibilities of being shunned, this one makes me go.. meh. SDSU doesn't hold any excitement for me and UND's future.

On its own I would agree with you. As part of a cumulative effect that shows the trend of schools deciding that they won't schedule games against UND as long as they use the Fighting Sioux nickname, this has at least some importance.
  • Upvote 1

On its own I would agree with you. As part of a cumulative effect that shows the trend of schools deciding that they won't schedule games against UND as long as they use the Fighting Sioux nickname, this has at least some importance.

One would imagine that this will become a trend of schools everywhere sooner or later. The Big Sky too is noticing these things. Starting to feel even worse for the UND fans. This is a real blow to the nickname folks though, stuff like this might help some North Dakotans vote yes. So maybe I don't feel so bad for the UND folks. Regardless of if it is a win or a loss, UND's reputation is still getting dragged (or drug?) through the mud.

I would rather those schools come out in the open and say "we won't schedule UND". I suspect - but have no proof - that these are the tip of the iceberg.

What REALLY scares me are those in the closet who won't schedule us but won't go public with the reason.

I would rather those schools come out in the open and say "we won't schedule UND". I suspect - but have no proof - that these are the tip of the iceberg.

What REALLY scares me are those in the closet who won't schedule us but won't go public with the reason.

I completely agree. I would guess that there are a lot of schools that just avoid the subject so that they don't get pulled into the issue.

SDSU could have an official statement and they'd still say O'Keefe is a liar.

O'Keefe is an outsider; a liberal PC administrator trying to cover his butt that doesn't understand the great history, honor, and, traditions surrounding the Fighting Sioux name.

Oh, wait, nevermind....................................................

;)

• Upvote 1

Tom Miller from the GF Herald weighed in on the subject tonight on WDAY radio. He said that the SDSU deal was old news in the Grand Forks area. While touching on the Big Sky's potential issues with the name, he mentioned that Northern Arizona has raised questions about the controversy. That's the first time that I've heard that a specific Big Sky school has raised the issue.

I also really couldn't give a hoot if we never played SDSU in anything, but if a school like SDSU that is right next door, of similar size and scope both athletically and academically to UND, and whom we have a 100+ year relationship with is not willing to compete against us going forward, then it will be pretty hard for me to be convinced that any Big Sky school 1000+ miles away will not do the same................................

One would imagine that this will become a trend of schools everywhere sooner or later. The Big Sky too is noticing these things. Starting to feel even worse for the UND fans. This is a real blow to the nickname folks though, stuff like this might help some North Dakotans vote yes. So maybe I don't feel so bad for the UND folks. Regardless of if it is a win or a loss, UND's reputation is still getting dragged (or drug?) through the mud.

You seem like a pretty level headed Bison fan. That said are you going to do the right thing and vote yes so we can all move on?

Tim OKeefe said it was going to cost a quarter million dollars to get the word out on the June vote. Does anybody know if they are going to send the bill to Al Carlson. I hope that is what they are intending to do.

Tim OKeefe said it was going to cost a quarter million dollars to get the word out on the June vote. Does anybody know if they are going to send the bill to Al Carlson. I hope that is what they are intending to do.

I think Fetch and Dave said they would split the check. :lol:

I half expect Al Carlson to demand that the Alumni Association get permission from the Legislature to spend money on this. :p It would be a logical outcome; he thinks the whole state should just bow down to him on everything. :silly:

You seem like a pretty level headed Bison fan. That said are you going to do the right thing and vote yes so we can all move on?

If I vote, I'll vote no. But the chances of me cutting time out of my day for something like that really doesn't seem too likely. Is that good enough for you?

Remember, O'Keefe, Kelley, Hakstol, all of them are lying!!!!! LONG LIVE THE FIGHTING SIOUX! ;)