SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU Jumps In

Matt

Just another "small price to pay" to save the name and logo, right?!?! :silly: Maybe for the likes of Fetch, DaveK, yababy8 and Chewey, but not for the rest of us that live in a reality based universe where actions have consequences. This is just one more piece of evidence to support retiring the name and logo with honor on June 12th.

• Upvote 1

Just another "small price to pay" to save the name and logo, right?!?! :silly: Maybe for the likes of Fetch, DaveK, yababy8 and Chewey, but not for the rest of us that live in a reality based universe where actions have consequences. This is just one more piece of evidence to support retiring the name and logo with honor on June 12th.

I will be the attorney representing Fetch, DaveK, and others.

"The SDSU Jackrabbits are missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. Playing against the FIGHTING SIOUX is a privilege, not a right. We are more important than the NCAA. If people are not willing to accept that as the truth, then we do not want to play them. They, along with the Badgers, Gophers, and Hawkeyes, do not represent any trend that schools will not feel honored and privileged to play against the SIOUX. It just so happens that the four schools that will not play us are in a close proximity. As has been stated, this does not represent a growing trend of teams that will not allow themselves to be involved with the University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX athletic program. Certainly, the Big Sky will not mind that the local schools around us do not have the cajones to set foot of the field with a team of warriors called THE FIGHTING SIOUX!

At 10:51 AM, CMSioux said, "So we can assume that SDSU won't be holding any meetings in "Sioux Falls" SD either." In case you were unaware, SDSU probably tends to hold meetings for itself in Brookings. I do not imagine Mayville St. or Valley City St. holding many meetings in Fargo, so I would assume it translates across state lines. BUT NO FEAR! THE FIGHTING SIOUX TRADITION AND PRIDE WILL WIN OUT! The Gophers, Badgers, Hawkeyes, and Jackrabbits will slip into irrelevancy, mediocrity, and most certainly bad karma from refusing to play against the FIGHTING SIOUX!! FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!"

Statement over. DaveK, Chewey, and the other defendents will take your questions now.

I suppose until SDSU comes out with an official statement the nickname at all costs people will claim O'Keefe is making this stuff up.

SDSU could have an official statement and they'd still say O'Keefe is a liar.

• Upvote 3

From the Twitter feed of the UND SID:

SDSU AD Justin Sell on the @MikeMcFeelyKFGO show: SDSU will not schedule UND (except existing contracts) until nickname issue is resolved.

This affirms what Tim O'Keefe said this morning: add SDSU to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa to a growing list of schools with similar stance.

You know that twitter is just a bluff just like the BSC buffing about kicking us out, and the NCAA bluffing with their sanctions. There are plenty of teams that will play UND. (ending sarcasm).

Not only twitter. Just listened to the SDSU AD on McFeeley and he stated the same thing. Until UND is removed from the sanctions list, they will no longer place UND on any schedules.

The odd thing is that according to Vandrovec, not all SDSU coaches were even aware of this policy, at least before today. Since nothing has even been discussed internally at SDSU about UND and the nickname in the past several months (per Sell), it's unclear why this issue even came up today.

And the scary part is nobody knows how many more Minnesotas, Wisconsins, Iowas, and SDSUs are sitting on the sidelines waiting for all avenues of nickname retirement to close so they are forced to implement what they have already decided...no play if the nickname stays.

Of course the nickname or bust crowd will say there will be none or just a few, I've got a feeling there will be plenty.

And if the Big Sky schools are among them... :crazy:

And the scary part is nobody knows how many more Minnesotas, Wisconsins, Iowas, and SDSUs are sitting on the sidelines waiting for all avenues of nickname retirement to close so they are forced to implement what they have already decided...no play if the nickname stays.

Of course the nickname or bust crowd will say there will be none or just a few, I've got a feeling there will be plenty.

And if the Big Sky schools are among them... :crazy:

O'Keefe mentioned this morning they were discussing a non conference game, match or meet (sport unnamed) with U of M- Morris. They wouldn't schedule due to the policies of U of M. I wonder if this will apply to Mankato or Duluth for non conference as well.

The odd thing is that according to Vandrovec, not all SDSU coaches were even aware of this policy, at least before today. Since nothing has even been discussed internally at SDSU about UND and the nickname in the past several months (per Sell), it's unclear why this issue even came up today.

It probably came up today because Tim O'Keefe mentioned it in his Fargo press conference this morning. This is from the Forum article on the press conference:

O'Keefe says SDSU won't schedule any more football games with UND until the Grand Forks school is “in good standing.” SDSU officials were not immediately available for comment.

SDSU officials were contacted for a comment and it sounds like they have confirmed his statement. My guess is that UND football coaches were told by someone at SDSU some time in the past few weeks.

O'Keefe mentioned this morning they were discussing a non conference game, match or meet (sport unnamed) with U of M- Morris. They wouldn't schedule due to the policies of U of M. I wonder if this will apply to Mankato or Duluth for non conference as well.

That would eliminate games with Crookston also.

I wonder what will happen with sports like track and swimming and such where many schools compete at once, obviously we wouldn't be invited if the host school has a policy against us but what happens if one or more of the other schools have a policy? Will we be blackballed from those meets also, or will it be up to those schools whether they attend or not? I would guess the odds would not be in our favor, but that's pure speculation.

They wouldn't schedule due to the policies of U of M.

The U of Minnesota system is the campuses in the Twin Cities, Duluth, Morris, and Crookston.

The MnSCU system is Mankato, St. Cloud, Bemidji, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I don't know the MnSCU policy, but with SCSU in that group I can guess what they'll push for.

The U of Minnesota system is the campuses in the Twin Cities, Duluth, Morris, and Crookston.

The MnSCU system is Mankato, St. Cloud, Bemidji, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I don't know the MnSCU policy, but with SCSU in that group I can guess what they'll push for.

Which is Moorhead in?

What if the BSC starts adopting the NA policy...that could hurt us even if we are in the conference. No OOC games with BSC opponents. Sounds far fetched maybe but look at the dominos that are starting to fall.