SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU Jumps In

Matt

If I vote, I'll vote no. But the chances of me cutting time out of my day for something like that really doesn't seem too likely. Is that good enough for you?

Remember, O'Keefe, Kelley, Hakstol, all of them are lying!!!!! LONG LIVE THE FIGHTING SIOUX! ;)

Just curious...why? As a NDSU fan why would you vote no? Is it because you hate UND? Do you want to stick it to the NCAA (Al Carlson's reason)? What is your reason to vote no.

Just curious...why? As a NDSU fan why would you vote no? Is it because you hate UND? Do you want to stick it to the NCAA (Al Carlson's reason)? What is your reason to vote no.

Because he is still mad about what people did to poor NDSU back in 2003.

You mean when UND upset 'su at its own cow-tipping invitational?

No, it sounds like it was more of a name-calling thing. They wanted people to stop calling them the AC and UND kept doing it. But the cow-tipping thing might have been the last straw.

I dislike UND. And friends and family who are UND fans want them to keep the name. Plus, it is really fun watching people dig their own graves. So I'd like for all the people who love the Fighting Sioux nickname above all else to see what happens when they are forced to keep the name.

I do not want to stick it to the NCAA. I have no problem with the NCAA's policy. A bit overzealous and they have bigger fish to fry, but their club, their rules.

Because he is still mad about what people did to poor NDSU back in 2003.

Believe it or not, things such as UND's attitude towards NDSU back in 2003 will affect how a small group of people vote. By small, I mean very small. If you don't help out someone else, don't expect them to help you. What do I have to gain by voting yes?

Believe it or not, things such as UND's attitude towards NDSU back in 2003 will affect how a small group of people vote. By small, I mean very small. If you don't help out someone else, don't expect them to help you. What do I have to gain by voting yes?

One, the mess to be over and no longer have to hear about it. Two, stop the wasting of tax dollars. Three and more importantly, voting no just empowers the legistlatures control over the SBoHE and that is not good for anyone, especially UND and NDSU.

I dislike UND. And friends and family who are UND fans want them to keep the name. Plus, it is really fun watching people dig their own graves. So I'd like for all the people who love the Fighting Sioux nickname above all else to see what happens when they are forced to keep the name.

Voting no isn't watching others dig their own grave, it is joining in.

I do not want to stick it to the NCAA. I have no problem with the NCAA's policy. A bit overzealous and they have bigger fish to fry, but their club, their rules.

So if your opinion is most popular among NDSU fans...stop asking how much money this is costing taxpayers, don't complain if the legislature creates a bill to force the two schools to play every year (and have that as a state law), and don't complain if this comes up every year, because I am sure every year UND is on sanctions there will be a measure to repeal the state law and yes costing more of the taxpayers dollars. Have fun voting no.

One, the mess to be over and no longer have to hear about it. Two, stop the wasting of tax dollars. Three and more importantly, voting no just empowers the legistlatures control over the SBoHE and that is not good for anyone, especially UND and NDSU.

Voting no isn't watching others dig their own grave, it is joining in.

Well then I guess I am joining in.

So if your opinion is most popular among NDSU fans...stop asking how much money this is costing taxpayers, don't complain if the legislature creates a bill to force the two schools to play every year (and have that as a state law), and don't complain if this comes up every year, because I am sure every year UND is on sanctions there will be a measure to repeal the state law and yes costing more of the taxpayers dollars. Have fun voting no.

I haven't complained about the cost to the taxpayers. I know plenty of NDSU folks have, many of them I believe are the "Vote Yes" people. I want the schools to play some sooner or later, I'd rather the state not get involved, and so far they have done a nice job staying out of it. I of all people, wouldn't complain too much if it came up often. I get so much entertainment out of this show that has been going on for years that I am willing to let the exceptionally wealthy state of North Dakota's taxpayers pay for it.

I'm totally with you guys that voting yes is the right thing to do, it is the only thing that makes sense for the school, for higher ed., etc. But this is a trainwreck I can't quit watching and if it can go a little longer, I'll be happy to watch.

I feel very bad for those who have wanted it gone from the start of the NCAA policy. I feel pretty bad for those who were willing to accept a name change after November 2010, I don't feel bad for those who waited until the recent Spirit Lake decision to jump on the Namechange bandwagon, and I just think people like DaveK and Fetch might need to go to Jamestown for psychiatic testing at the State Hospital.

Well then I guess I am joining in.

I haven't complained about the cost to the taxpayers. I know plenty of NDSU folks have, many of them I believe are the "Vote Yes" people. I want the schools to play some sooner or later, I'd rather the state not get involved, and so far they have done a nice job staying out of it. I of all people, wouldn't complain too much if it came up often. I get so much entertainment out of this show that has been going on for years that I am willing to let the exceptionally wealthy state of North Dakota's taxpayers pay for it.

I'm totally with you guys that voting yes is the right thing to do, it is the only thing that makes sense for the school, for higher ed., etc. But this is a trainwreck I can't quit watching and if it can go a little longer, I'll be happy to watch.

I feel very bad for those who have wanted it gone from the start of the NCAA policy. I feel pretty bad for those who were willing to accept a name change after November 2010, I don't feel bad for those who waited until the recent Spirit Lake decision to jump on the Namechange bandwagon, and I just think people like DaveK and Fetch might need to go to Jamestown for psychiatic testing at the State Hospital.

Don't worry....Al will get involved since he knows how to pave the road.

What do you have to lose by voting yes? It's not costing you anything. It's not harming your school. Why vote no just to to laugh at other people?

I'm totally with you guys that voting yes is the right thing to do, it is the only thing that makes sense for the school, for higher ed., etc.

So if it is the right thing to do, what justifiable reason could there be to choose the alternative?

You realize if UND athletics implode, you won't have this audience to continue to enlighten with your vast knowledge and wisdom?

It'd be worth it I suppose.

So if it is the right thing to do, what justifiable reason could there be to choose the alternative?

What do you have to lose by voting yes? It's not costing you anything. It's not harming your school. Why vote no just to to laugh at other people?

Just to laugh. And it is fun to watch people stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It'd be worth it I suppose.

Just to laugh. And it is fun to watch people stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What goes around comes around I guess. It will be fun to laugh at NDSU...oh wait we already did when our bball team and volleyball team beat them. I guess NDSU laughs off the field/court at UND while UND laughs at them on the court/field....which do you prefer.

What goes around comes around I guess. It will be fun to laugh at NDSU...oh wait we already did when our bball team and volleyball team beat them. I guess NDSU laughs off the field/court at UND while UND laughs at them on the court/field....which do you prefer.

Always have to laugh at UND fans that love to compare themselves with NDSU as a measure of there success. I guess we should be flattered but I can tell you this NDSU doesn't use UND as any kind of measure of success.

Always have to laugh at UND fans that love to compare themselves with NDSU as a measure of there success. I guess we should be flattered but I can tell you this NDSU doesn't use UND as any kind of measure of success.

Funding?

• Upvote 3

You're right. They wouldn't even think about bring up UND while celebrating their national champio....errr, never mind.

Haha, well played. Biggest day in their programs history and guess who is on their mind.

• Upvote 2