SiouxSports.com Forum

Eades to MSUM?

Vegas_Sioux

Hakstol was just named INCH's Coach of the year!

Without a doubt I think this is Hakstol's greatest coaching job ever, detractors notwithstanding. He took a club that was treading water in the early going (sweeps at Wisconsin and Minnesota over UND didn't help any, putting us behind the eight-ball in a very large sense) and with a good deal of patience gradually melded the team into championship form, blending the newcomers with the oldtimers. A splendid coaching job under the circumstances. Congratulations, Dave, for a job very well done.

If Carey Eades is still the assistant coach, UND still benefits. A lot of speculation was surrounding the return of Brad Berry, which would be a huge asset once again with him at UND. Berry worked well with the development of defensemen at UND and was also well liked among recruits and players.

Apparently Hastings is the only finalist MSU is announcing at this time. Interesting.

Why would Hastings leave Omaha? He's the heir apparent to Blais and Blais will probably be done in three or four years.

Seriously, Omaha and the proven commitment to hockey or Mankato and so far just words? No brainer.

Why would Hastings leave Omaha? He's the heir apparent to Blais and Blais will probably be done in three or four years.

Seriously, Omaha and the proven commitment to hockey or Mankato and so far just words? No brainer.

He could still go back to Omaha in 3 or 4 years, after he got head coaching experience somewhere else.

I see Pearson doing the same thing with Michigan when Red ever decides to retire.

He could still go back to Omaha in 3 or 4 years, after he got head coaching experience somewhere else.

I see Pearson doing the same thing with Michigan when Red ever decides to retire.

^^^This plus you never know what is going to happen for sure. Blais could decide to stay longer. Omaha could struggle and they might decide to go a different way whenever Blais does leave. Better to take the sure thing now than a maybe in 3 or 4 years, especially when taking the sure thing doesn't preclude you from taking the maybe later.

Good for UND.

Can't believe that MSUM picked Hastings though...I would guess he heads back to UNO in a few years when Blais retires. Then they'll just have to go through the whole process all over again.

Who knows but maybe Blais told him he had a different person picked to take over for him. Or Blais told him to go for it.

Very glad its Hastings and not Eades. Thats all that can be said. They won't have success at Mankato until they upgrade some things. Doesn't matter if Herb was reincarnated and sent to Mankato to turn around the program, it just won't happen.

Very glad its Hastings and not Eades. Thats all that can be said. They won't have success at Mankato until they upgrade some things. Doesn't matter if Herb was reincarnated and sent to Mankato to turn around the program, it just won't happen.

I agree, thankful Cary is staying at UND.

• 3 weeks later...