SiouxSports.com Forum

GeauxSioux

Not a big fan of Sutton. Not that fast and seems to get hurt a lot. Reminds of the old D2 types that Lenon had. Miller can take a short run and turn it into a 90 yard td like in Fresno. Sutton would have been caught around midfield?

Oh and speaking of D2 guys, Miller reminds me of a smaller slower Ryan Chappell.

Oh and speaking of D2 guys, Miller reminds me of a smaller slower Ryan Chappell.

agreed!! chappell had a gear that no other und running back has ever had. miller reminds me of phil moore. sutton reminds me of jed, beatty, and roland.

btw, do you see und getting new black helmets this year or just new jersey tops/bottoms?

I know for a fact they're getting new unis, I had heard from a god source that some stealthy new helmets were in play but I haven't heard much of that recently.

Can't wait! Would be nice to know what they look like, any idea when they'd release a picture or something. Also anybody know anything about the turf design?

• Upvote 1

I was a bit surprised the Montana and M State are in every single game; I thought they would mix it up a bit more. They are the two marquee teams in the league so I do get it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought when I saw the schedule.

That was the TV schedule?

I thought it was the season game schedule for fans of the Montana schools.

The thing about it is we (Montanans) already get almost all of the Griz and that other school's games broadcast now, so for us it is a wash. I wish they would have given each school in the conference a couple games rather than just making us change channels.

No you should go to the game ;)

DirectTV has Root

Oh I will be at the games, just wondering to see if I would be able to watch the other games. Isn't there webcasts for all the games? I know that I watched quite a few UND basketball games against Big Sky opponents.

Darryl Brown might need to start going by 'shut down" Darryl Brown after todays performance. He dominated what I saw of the practice. He has some serious swagger and game to back it up. Look for big things from him this year.

I agree. On the offensive side Jameer Jackson was impressive today as well, with a little swagger, too. QB Hendrickson looked good, but Hanson continues to show more poise in the pocket and crispness on his passes, despite playing with mostly 2s and 3s. His short passes over the middle appear at first that they're going to be at the receivers' knees but his velocity is so great that it actually hits them right in the bread basket.

Darryl Brown might need to start going by 'shut down" Darryl Brown after todays performance. He dominated what I saw of the practice. He has some serious swagger and game to back it up. Look for big things from him this year.

We need him to be that guy next year. We have enough CB's with game experience coming back and need both guys to be solid next year with our inexperience at safety. Our CB's have always tackled very well for secondary players but hopefully next year with a new coach the 5-7 yard cushion we were giving at the line goes away and the coverage improves. Hopefully Brown can continue to improve and be a shut down guy and Mackey or Hall finally takes hold of the other CB spot and the secondary improves dramatically. If that happens, the defense will be real good next year.

Jameer Jackson absolutly obliterated some DB's trying to bring him down. Broke a good 6 tackles on two consecutive plays for first downs. He has a good 60 lbs on those CB's. They kept going lower and lower on him the more he ran them over. Nobody wants to hit him.

Braden Hansen looked very sharp. Bradley was ok. The recievers and QBs didn't quite click for the most part.

The running backs had nowhere to go due to the defense dominating the young linemen.

The defense was flying around and made it a very long day for the offense, holding them to only one touchdown.

The kickers were good today. No Miller kicking again. Naastad was 3-4 and Gutierez was 2-3 on kicks.

Can't wait! Would be nice to know what they look like, any idea when they'd release a picture or something. Also anybody know anything about the turf design?

I toured the Alerus for a class and we saw a sample of the new turf and I forget what he called it but the Fargodome got the exact same stuff and the guy said it is the best available, but he wouldn't say much about the design except for that it should extend farther on the sidelines. I think he said they will begin installing it after Grand Forks high school graduation.

I toured the Alerus for a class and we saw a sample of the new turf and I forget what he called it but the Fargodome got the exact same stuff and the guy said it is the best available, but he wouldn't say much about the design except for that it should extend farther on the sidelines. I think he said they will begin installing it after Grand Forks high school graduation.

Was anything said about what its going to say on the turf? I can imagine maybe the Big Sky name and/or logo but the endzone will it say Sioux or would they play it safe with North Dakota.