SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 Sioux vs. #4 Western Michigan

brianvf

no matter where your tickets are, you'll be able to move around fairly easily i think. i just remembered how lame these regional games are for atmosphere. long timeouts and the NC$$ propaganda on the screen during breaks make for a pretty sterile environment. those who haven't been to one, don't expect it to be like the final five that's for sure.

I remember when the Sioux hosted the west regional with Michigan, Minnesota, and Holy Cross now that was a great atmosphere for a regional, not sure if any regional will ever match that atmosphere.

WMU fan here. We are looking forward to the game (although I must admit I was hoping for Union).

If any of you want to come talk hockey with us, we can be found at wmu.ncaabbs.com

I'd make a prediction for the game, but I have no idea which team will show up. I'm hoping it's the team that beat 2 #2 seeds and a #1 seed in the last few weeks and not the team that lost to alaska and BG on consecutive saturdays.

I really don't know where to put this but I was just wondering what line Grimaldi was on in the 4 games he played?

Mostly listed on the 3rd line, but in some of the games he played he was moved up as the game went on. In all of the games he was on the first PP unit with Kristo, Nelson, Knight, and Mattson.

WMU fan here. We are looking forward to the game (although I must admit I was hoping for Union).

If any of you want to come talk hockey with us, we can be found at wmu.ncaabbs.com

I'd make a prediction for the game, but I have no idea which team will show up. I'm hoping its the team that beat 2 #2 seeds and a #1 seed in the last few weeks and not the team that lost to alaska and BG on consecutive saturdays.

Thanks for coming on this board. We welcome this opportunity to play our new NCHC rival! Congrats on a great season so far! It must've felt great to knock off Michigan.

This isn't a typical Sioux team. It is a lot less deep on talent, but it does have big time heart. In a "normal" year, we would be skating two more big time NHL prospects in Grimaldi and Miller, and two skilled depth guys in O'Donnell and Rodwell.

That said, we've had everyone step up from the Walk-ons to the #1 draft picks. In fact, our two #1s: Nelson and Forbert played their best hockey all year last weekend.

Again, I congratulate WMU on a great season and wish your program continued success...except on Saturday afternoon! :)

I'd make a prediction for the game, but I have no idea which team will show up. I'm hoping it's the team that beat 2 #2 seeds and a #1 seed in the last few weeks and not the team that lost to alaska and BG on consecutive saturdays.

I'll admit to you that I was hoping for Cornell. Saturday is a toss up IMHO. Heck, the entire regional is a toss up. Any team can make it to Tampa, and the team that comes out of the St. Paul has a helluva chance to win the national championship.

How man WMU fans do you figure are heading out to St. Paul for the game?

Another WMU fan here... pretty cool that in another year we are going to be conference mates... Let's get the NCHC started! Let's show the nation what these two teams are going to bring to the atmosphere of college hockey.

My heart rate is finally starting to slow down from watching the last period of that WMU/UofM game last weekend... not sure im ready for this weekend! :)

Not just glad to be back in the NCAA's... now its time to get past your Souix team.... hoping for health on both teams... Like Ubish said... im curious to see what WMU team shows up Saturday... If the team that ive been watching since the sweep of then #1 ranked Ferris shows up again then I will be comfortable, but this team had a tendancy to fall asleep in games. Not sure their captain will let that happen this weekend... (Ian Slater may not be the most skilled hockey player on the ice, but he's been the heart thats been pumping a ton of life into this WMU team... ). Wish I was making the trip this weekend...

Here's to the future of NCHC hockey!

Another WMU fan here... pretty cool that in another year we are going to be conference mates... Let's get the NCHC started! Let's show the nation what these two teams are going to bring to the atmosphere of college hockey.

My heart rate is finally starting to slow down from watching the last period of that WMU/UofM game last weekend... not sure im ready for this weekend! :)

Not just glad to be back in the NCAA's... now its time to get past your Souix team.... hoping for health on both teams... Like Ubish said... im curious to see what WMU team shows up Saturday... If the team that ive been watching since the sweep of then #1 ranked Ferris shows up again then I will be comfortable, but this team had a tendancy to fall asleep in games. Not sure their captain will let that happen this weekend... (Ian Slater may not be the most skilled hockey player on the ice, but he's been the heart thats been pumping a ton of life into this WMU team... ). Wish I was making the trip this weekend...

Sounds like the captains of the 2 teams are very much alike. Thanks for coming on the board and good luck Saturday (not too much, though)!

Welcome! And as a Packers fan, thank you for Greg Jennings!