SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey vs. Minnesota State

GoalieMask

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Six periods. 120 minutes. Win each period, win each shift, win each battle.

Ok, enough cliches. Just win.

By the way, for those who didn't see the Tweet, this weekends games will not be on DirecTV. DirecTV made the decision to not play it due to bandwish issues (according to Hajdu).

This is one of the reasons I didn't switch to DirecTV but instead stick with Comcast which has all three FCS channels on full time.

In case anyone is interested. Taken from their event on facebook;

UND's Organizational Communication class is joining the fight to raise money for cancer. They will be selling t-shirts Monday, February 27- March 2 at the Memorial Union (10a-4p) to be worn at the UND Men's hockey game VS. Minnesota State Mankato on Friday, March 2 and Saturday, March 3. T-Shirts will cost $10.00 per shirt and UNDSTRONG bracelets will be available for purchase for $2.00. You will also be able to purchase a raffle tickets for $1.00 per ticket for a chance to win prizes from area businesses.

Here is a picture of the shirts. Just letting everyone know if you want to help out and wear Yellow this weekend. Go Sioux!!

424688_2827032996501_1279320138_32332405_1530287491_n.jpg

I will be in Red Wing MN for the weekend. Does anyone know of a pub in that area where a person could watch the weekend FIGHTING SIOUX hockey games without going into the metro area?

I would try the Smokin' Oak first. Several HD TV's in the bar pretty good food. Not a lot of good choices. Does Hastings have a BWW? Treasure Island might be an option about 8 miles away.

If is not on FCS. I do not think you will find it it Red Wing.

The game is still on FCS. It's just not on DirecTV. DirecTV chooses to use FCS as filler most of the time, which is why DirecTV subscribers get to watch the game, but they don't carry the FCS channels full time like Comcast does.

UND's Organizational Communication class is joining the fight to raise money for cancer. They will be selling t-shirts Monday, February 27- March 2 at the Memorial Union (10a-4p) to be worn at the UND Men's hockey game VS. Minnesota State Mankato on Friday, March 2 and Saturday, March 3. T-Shirts will cost $10.00 per shirt and UNDSTRONG bracelets will be available for purchase for $2.00. You will also be able to purchase a raffle tickets for $1.00 per ticket for a chance to win prizes from area businesses.

Here is a picture of the shirts. Just letting everyone know if you want to help out and wear Yellow this weekend. Go Sioux!!

Those are sweet, can I buy one at the game this weekend?

First of all, I have to apologize if this is inappropriate for this thread. If so, please let me know and I'll delete this post. I thought of this due to this particular post and realized (yes, I'm a bit slow right now) that I might find some interested people here.</p>

At the last MSU series, a couple of the seniors (Dorr and Louwerse) organized a silent auction for the future leaders at MSU. They were able to get a ton of hockey memorabilia. One of the things there was a replica St. Patty's Day Toews Blackhawks jersey. Having a few drinks in my system, I committed the ultimate silent auction error. I bid someone up....and ended up winning the damn thing. Now, I don't mind Toews by any stretch of the imagination, but, frankly, I'm never going to wear the thing. I have no tie to Toews and don't care for the Blackhawks. The unfortunately part is that the lady I was trying to bid up, came back after the auction was over and wanted to buy it for more, but due to the rules, I couldn't give it up to her.

So, here's the question, I paid $175 for the thing. I would like to get rid of it and would accept $150. If I don't get the $150, I will just donate it and have an additional write-off. I would much rather have actual cash though. I can provide pics if any one is interested, but don't want to spam your board. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I hope it could be a win-win. If not, no skin off of anyone's back and I'll never do something so stupid again.

Post this again in the "Jerseys" thread

Glad you pointed out that most of MSU's recent success was against the bottom six in the league. Still, though, UND can't take anything for granted and they know this. If you'd have told me three months ago that this team would have a chance to get in the tourney on their own merit and not need help I'd have thought you were nuts. I'm expecting a sweep, but would be only mildly disappointed with less than that all things considered this year.

From a MSU perspective, the resurgence has coincided with the schedule easing up. It hasn't just been the level of competition (albeit that is some of it). This team's injuries were rivaling what UND has been going through. At one point, MSU had to take a 3rd goalie on the road just to have a full roster. One of our senior forwards (Schiller) has played more than half the year as a defenseman and had started 3 freshmen defenders most of the year. In an early game against UMD, the injuries to the defense deplete the team so much that Palmquist (a freshman) played 35 and 38 shifts over the course of the weekend. Add to that losing our top scorer from last year and it meant having to grow a ton while on the ice.

The level of play has improved a ton since then. This by no means is a plea to anyone to think this is a top 3 team in the conference, but to characterize the resurgence simply as playing lesser teams just isn't true.

From a MSU perspective, the resurgence has coincided with the schedule easing up. It hasn't just been the level of competition (albeit that is some of it). This team's injuries were rivaling what UND has been going through. At one point, MSU had to take a 3rd goalie on the road just to have a full roster. One of our senior forwards (Schiller) has played more than half the year as a defenseman and had started 3 freshmen defenders most of the year. In an early game against UMD, the injuries to the defense deplete the team so much that Palmquist (a freshman) played 35 and 38 shifts over the course of the weekend. Add to that losing our top scorer from last year and it meant having to grow a ton while on the ice.

The level of play has improved a ton since then. This by no means is a plea to anyone to think this is a top 3 team in the conference, but to characterize the resurgence simply as playing lesser teams just isn't true.

I think what you've posted here gives context as to why UND's run this season is so impressive to me (and likely most Sioux fans). They've actually played better the thinner the lineup has become!

Those are sweet, can I buy one at the game this weekend?

I do not think so as the group only got approval of selling them at the Union. They are also selling them all next week at The Memorial Union. I could see if we could bring a few to the games, but it won't be with a booth or anything.

I think what you've posted here gives context as to why UND's run this season is so impressive to me (and likely most Sioux fans). They've actually played better the thinner the lineup has become!

I think Denver has had even worse luck than UND this year as far as injuries go.

I think Denver has had even worse luck than UND this year as far as injuries go.

Has Denver had any season-ending injuries? I don't remember...I know Brittain and Bennett were both out for quite a long time, as was Ryder. But Brittain is now back.

Hard to replace our "season-ending injury" group of forwards with Grimaldi/Rodwell/O'Donnell. That could be our 2nd line!

Nice shirt and very worthy cause but doesn't SIOUX STRONG just sound so much better?

Has Denver had any season-ending injuries? I don't remember...I know Brittain and Bennett were both out for quite a long time, as was Ryder. But Brittain is now back.

Hard to replace our "season-ending injury" group of forwards with Grimaldi/Rodwell/O'Donnell. That could be our 2nd line!

Yeah thats true, at least they got some guys back eventually. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm not sure I remember a year in which the Gopher had such few injuries. Larson has missed about a month but other than that basically nothing.

But you're right, three season ending injuries is tough to overcome.

The game is still on FCS. It's just not on DirecTV. DirecTV chooses to use FCS as filler most of the time, which is why DirecTV subscribers get to watch the game, but they don't carry the FCS channels full time like Comcast does.

If it is not on directv, you will have a hard time finding it in redwing. Just adding clarity.

UND Lines

Nelson-Knight-Kristo

MacMillan-Rowney-Parks

Pattyn-Lamoureux-Gleason

Senkbeil-Gaarder

Forbort-Blood

MacWilliam-Mattson

Simpson-Panzarella

Dell

Eidsness

Maris

Scratches: Rodwell, Dickin, Grimaldi, O'Donnell

Referees: Marco Hunt, Derek Shepherd, Linesmen: Andy Dokken, Justin Hills

Next 2 weekends will be make or break on the shoulder's of Dell. If he plays well, this team will win 4 straight heading to the F5. Blood, Mac and Mario better play smarter than they have lately and avoid the pointless penalties.

Play 5v5 for most of the 120 minutes this weekend and these 2 games won't be close IMO.