SiouxSports.com Forum

Alumni Association begins campaign against nickname

jimdahl

Why don't people get it. If we keep the Fighting Sioux we will:

- get kicked out of the Big Sky as they will not see us a a sactioned school as a viable member

- become an independent in all sports (except hockey) and face a scheduling nightmare

- lose recruits because they don't want to play for a school that has sanctions on it and not in a conference

- never play Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and an ever growing list of schools EVER in any sport

NONE of THAT IS A FACT - & could be delt with if it happened

You seem like you were the kid in school that had to go through each grade twice. God only knows why you are so dense!

You seem like you were the kid in school that had to go through each grade twice. God only knows why you are so dense!

He reminds me of the Vince Vaughn character from the movie Swingers. "Gotta double down! Always double down! Gotta do it!"

Me...I don't see the reason to gamble and possibly lose it all. It's stupid. Stupid people gamble away everything.

• Upvote 1

C'mon Fetch, listen to what Hakstol said yesterday.

He flat said, in this NCAA environment, keeping the name will slowly erode even the mens hockey program.

Please, spend 15 minutes and listen to what Hakstol said.

After reading several of "Fetch's" posts, I think you guys might be getting played here. :whistling: Could be wrong, but, from and outsider looking in, that's how it appears to me.

Maybe folks have lost faith in the so called Hero's & Politicians & Leaders --- Sent us all to school to think for ourselves & now they want us to trust their superior knowledge :glare:

It's worth Fighting for & to He11 with the potential consequences - they can be fixed (IF THEY HAPPEN) saving the name is now or never

I wonder how many of the ones coming out will admidt they were wrong - (if the names is saved) & try to spin it like they had the best interest in the school & giving up seemed to be the best thing to do.

"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

You know that can work both ways & time will tell

Maybe folks have lost faith in the so called Hero's & Politicians & Leaders --- Sent us all to school to think for ourselves & now they want us to trust their superior knowledge :glare:

It's worth Fighting for & to He11 with the potential consequences - they can be fixed (IF THEY HAPPEN) saving the name is now or never

I wonder how many of the ones coming out will admidt they were wrong - (if the names is saved) & try to spin it like they had the best interest in the school & giving up seemed to be the best thing to do.

"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

You know that can work both ways & time will tell

I've told you before on this site that I would be the first in line to eat the biggest crow pie you've ever seen if and only if there's some way that UND can convince the NCAA to let us keep the nickname without sactions or potential harm. I want that day to happen. I'm not going to hide from anyone, especially you. I love the nickname, always have. I love it so much that I am willing to let it go to save the very thing, the more important thing, it represents.