SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Didn't see that name on the linked page. Only Zach on there was Zeimer and it looks like everyone has offered him, including UND.

You have to look down in the comments section under the listing. The listing doesn't get updated unless the owner has confirmation from a coach or parent.

I'm definitely not saying he is the commitment, because I have no idea, but I believe Jordan Hein was on an unofficial visit to UND this weekend. Not sure how many others may have been, also.

Hein is listed as a QB on Rivals. I assume he is being recruited for a different position, anyone know for sure?

Nice pickup in Miller. I don't know what to make of it when they say "FCS verbal", but I'm reading it as he may bolt if something better comes up (similar to Dan Bell), which I guess is the risk you take.

That's what I'm guessing and how I read it too. If Wisconsin or some other Big "Televen" school were to come in late with a schollie, he would take it.

Nice to get his FCS verbal though this early. Coach Mannausau is on the board!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pickup in Miller. I don't know what to make of it when they say "FCS verbal", but I'm reading it as he may bolt if something better comes up (similar to Dan Bell), which I guess is the risk you take.

North Dakota is his only offer right now, so he took it. Other schools are starting to get involved and things could be re-evaluated if others were to offer. Distance is a bit of an issue.

North Dakota is his only offer right now, so he took it. Other schools are starting to get involved and things could be re-evaluated if others were to offer. Distance is a bit of an issue.

When you say "others" are you referring to FBS/BCS level schools or would other FCS or lower level FBS schools that may be closer make him re-consider his verbal?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard whether UND is looking at RB Kedon Sweetney (what a great name!) from Warroad? He's got decent size at 6'0", 190, and has over 1200 yards rushing through six games. I guess he transferred to Warroad prior to the school year from Winnipeg, where he also put up big numbers at his previous school.

kotelnicki should be worrying about the current status instead of chest bumping.... he may not have ajob after this year.

His recruiting and special teams have been very good if not great those are 2/3rds of his jobs. The linebackers are young and injured but also need to tackle better. But as Ray Lewis will tell you, a linebacker can't do his job in a 3-4 defense with lineman blocking him. It starts up front.