SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

We need some guys on D to play like this guy

I know we won't get any athletes of his caliber but we need guys with his type of passion. Today is the 5th year anniversary of Sean Taylor's murder. He is my favorite defensive player ever and was gone far too soon, taken in the prime of his life.

I don't know if anyone could match that type of passion. WOW! I wish I payed more attention to the NFL when he was playing!

I don't know if anyone could match that type of passion. WOW! I wish I payed more attention to the NFL when he was playing!

He was a beast. Had maturity issues until he became a father. After that he was on his way to the Hall of Fame before those morons murdered him in his home.

We get one guy like that on D and all of a sudden every one of the players on defense has more of an edge and start playing faster and harder.

He was a beast. Had maturity issues until he became a father. After that he was on his way to the Hall of Fame before those morons murdered him in his home.

We get one guy like that on D and all of a sudden every one of the players on defense has more of an edge and start playing faster and harder.

Last year, Hendrickson had passion that translated throughout the defense. The team this year badly missed Hendrickson's passion, not his raw talent, because it transformed the whole character of the defense. This year the defensive personality was passive.

Last year, Hendrickson had passion that translated throughout the defense. The team this year badly missed Hendrickson's passion, not his raw talent, because it transformed the whole character of the defense. This year the defensive personality was passive.

Hendrickson wasn't the only one, Belloti Bellmore and Hawkins also played with an edge and were clearly leaders.

I think the defense would've had a better attitude and performed better had Goodman been healthy this year. He was the one guy that looked like he was giving everything he had on every play. Next year I hope he stays healthy and some young guys (Edwards Cain etc.) step up and start and play with similar passion.

I am the one who keeps the FB and BB recruiting lists on Wiki as current as possible. Are you asking how to view the recruiting info in Wiki? If so, you you should go to this site's home page (SiouxSports.com). At the top, you will see "Wiki", simply click on it and then click on the applicable recruiting tab. If you are actually asking that it be linked to this thread, I don't know how to do that.

UND offeree Jordan Hein of Perham has been named first team all state at quarterback by the AP. Nice honor.

I saw that earlier and was quite surprised by that. He knew he was a great athlete but didn't realize that he was that talented of a QB! So far it continues to appears that we are the only one who have offered a ride.

Do we really need to bring in "athletes" and not someone skilled and specialized at their position? We recruiting the practice squad?

FBS teams routinely bring in "athletes", bulks them up, and then find the right spot for them.

HS kids are often not skilled or specialized anyway. That's what college coaches are for. UND routinely redshirts freshmen, which is an ideal situation for project type situations. Every scholarship offer has a certain level of risk anyway: getting a few that don't quite meet the physical benchmarks for their position but has the quickness, attitude, and aptitude to learn often pays off at the FCS level, but not so much at FBS.

Doesn't your first and last statement contradict each other? FBS schools often recruit "athletes" but doesn't often pay off for them?....unless you meant to say. FCS

What I meant to say is that at the FBS level, it doesn't pay off immediately. A lot of coaches don't have time to wait, as their $1 + salaries are on the line. Many need the bulk of recruits ready to contribute as a freshman. If you look a recruit lists, there are multi-starred recruits that don't have a natural position. The coaches with a deeper talent list or more job security are more likely to take the risk. The Honey Badger didn't meet some of the physical requirements that LSU wanted, but his intangibles were off the charts (in more ways than one).

If Edwin Moses had never played football before when he was 18, but would like to try, would FBS schools would have turned down that speed? Also, some kids keep growing through college: FBS schools often won't look at them if there is a height issue. Not football, but David Robinson was 6'7" as a senior when he first began playing basketball. ACC schools wouldn't look at him, as he had no track record and was a raw talent. Five inches later, and the NBA was drooling.

Tusler was named the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year on Tuesday.

(Bridgeport) Tusler, a key member of Osseo's defending state champion basketball team, scored 43 total touchdowns in his career. He finished with 2,260 yards rushing, 709 yards receiving and 12 interceptions. Oh, and he has a 3.6 grade point average. Tusler was both the Offensive Player of the Year and the Special Teams Player of the Year in the stacked Northwest Suburban Conference. Lamker said he has the best ball skills he's ever seen.

He also led all teams in the Twin Cities metro area with eight interceptions, rotating between cornerback and free safety. Primarily a running back, Tusler moved to wide receiver against Totino-Grace because of matchups. Both of Osseo's losses this season came to state champions.

But Tusler, whose hope is to play for his home state's university, doesn't have burning speed. The Gophers haven't offered him a scholarship. Rutgers has recently shown strong interest. North Dakota, Northern Iowa and South Dakota are other schools he's being recruited by, and if he picks a smaller college he'll consider playing both sports

WR, RB, FS, CB and star on Osseo's basketball team.

Went to same HS as Aaron Anderson.

Read more: http://www.timesunio...p#ixzz2DneTxLLg