SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I love our local guys in the media -- don't get me wrong -- but they sure don't seem to have the same fire or desire to get on top of recruiting committments like Izzo and Kolpack do. Those two seemingly are always abuzz on Twitter with new info on recruits. Maybe it's not a priority for the local media guys, but there sure seems to be a thirst for it.

Maybe they are getting some information to make their jobs easier as well. Last year they and the ndsu coaches were the only ones to know about the Molberg commitment. They knew about it even before Molberg himself.

So every time we get a commitment Kotelnicki is going to tweet about a recruiting chest-bump? The first one I saw got me excited thinking we got some stud (and maybe we still did) but so far it's just a kicker/punter (who looks good) and a TE from Elgin, ND. I'm looking for a commit from a Jester Weah, Tre Favors, or Kani Benoit. More of the more noticed positions. I guess it's just me being selfish.

• Upvote 1

So every time we get a commitment Kotelnicki is going to tweet about a recruiting chest-bump? The first one I saw got me excited thinking we got some stud (and maybe we still did) but so far it's just a kicker/punter (who looks good) and a TE from Elgin, ND. I'm looking for a commit from a Jester Weah, Tre Favors, or Kani Benoit. More of the more noticed positions. I guess it's just me being selfish.

He tweeted about coach Mannausau so where ever his area of the country is would be a good place to look. Also tweeted about coachb which I assume is Britbach.

Just saw this:

Dustin Iverson@StormTE10

Commited to University of North Dakota to play college football today!!!! #HappiestDayEver

We seem to be stockpiling an inordinate number of tight ends. I count 6 on the current roster, plus the new recruit. Just remembered that 2 of the 6 are seniors, so I guess the position doesn't look quite as overcrowded for next year.

I love our local guys in the media -- don't get me wrong -- but they sure don't seem to have the same fire or desire to get on top of recruiting committments like Izzo and Kolpack do.

No doubt. Anything that the Herald reports can be found in a UND press release about 6 hours earlier. ???

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like we could lose him to FBS program very easily.

North Dakota offered the 6-foot-6, 275-pound Bell back in the fall. He is still open to other schools, mainly FBS programs, that may join the fold before signing day.

"We will see, maybe more may come," he wrote. "... I'm excited for the season and am still going to work for more!"

http://insider.espn....st/post?id=3838

http://www.chicagotr...0,376988.column

That's because 6-foot-2, 270-pound senior Tim McAuliffe is on the other side of the line. While the right guard has not received as much publicity as the 6-7, 285-pound Pocic, he's also among the best offensive linemen in Illinois.

"Tim plays with an edge," Lemont coach Eric Michaelsen said. "If he were taller, every school would be recruiting him."

McAuliffe, who is expected to move to center in college, is receiving plenty of interest from colleges, even though his height is a couple of inches shy of ideal.

He reports scholarship offers from Ball State, Bowling Green, North Dakota, Toledo, Western Kentucky and Western Michigan.

He is in no hurry to make a decision.

"I have visited all the schools except North Dakota," he said. "I don't want to rush it. I want to take my time and figure out what is right."

• 2 weeks later...

UND perspective recruit LB Robert Relf, 6'1”, 210, 4.5, Phoenix (Brophy Prep), AZ (2 Star - Rivals & Scout) playing on ESPN2 right now against #2 in the nation Santa Margarita.

How did he look? I think he could be a player, but have a feeling some of the big boys will start taking interest in him as the year goes on.

How did he look? I think he could be a player, but have a feeling some of the big boys will start taking interest in him as the year goes on.

Two forced fumbles and a bunch of tackles. He was around the ball on every play that wasn't a deep pass. He was not scared of the lights or the big boys that had an offensive line averaging 310 lbs per man.

They don't have any MN kids this year. They do have offers out to at least two MN prospects this year - Ziemer and Roller. Both also have UND offers. They and UND also offered Chris Wipson from Wayzata who has verbaled to the Gophers. The Gizzlies have an interest in Perham's Jordan Hein whose only offer so far is from UND.

Looking at Montana's roster, I was surprised to see that they have 32 MT kids. Checking Montana State's roster, they have 44 MT players. NDSU has 20 ND players and we have 17. That makes 76 MT players on the two MT rosters and only 37 ND players for SU or UND. MT has about 1.5 times the population of ND but they sure must produce more DI calibre HS players!