SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I'm confident that sparks will be a big factor next year. They do need another guy though because Varner will need another year to bulk up. Jake Miller to the slot next year? I wouldn't be opposed.

If Sparks can be a big factor next year, why was he completely ignored by the coaching staff this season?

If Sparks can be a big factor next year, why was he completely ignored by the coaching staff this season?

Resume of a senior and two guys who had their shirts pulled. He'll earn his way into playing time next season after Jake and jer proved they can't be feature backs in the big sky unless they get to the second level untouched which is unrealistic.

I've heard some good things about Layne Johs out of Bismarck High and his interest in UND. Out of all the kids from North Dakota he is the one I would really like to get. FU is also very heavily recruiting and has been talking $$$. Hopefully Layne follows the path of other recent BHS grads to Grand Forks.

• Upvote 1

I've heard some good things about Layne Johs out of Bismarck High and his interest in UND. Out of all the kids from North Dakota he is the one I would really like to get. FU is also very heavily recruiting and has been talking $$$. Hopefully Layne follows the path of other recent BHS grads to Grand Forks.

We need all the athletic hard working ND kids we can get. They're the foundation of the program and understand the history of the program.

• Upvote 2

Offerree Robert Relf committed to Florida Atlantic - he was one that we were on early and I was hoping we could land.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Robert-Relf-118380;_ylt=AvavibWXUOQn5XmBd4lxj3tIPZB4

Also an offer out to a JUCO.

DE Garrett Guanella Santa Rosa, CaliforniaSanta Rosa J.C. 6'5" 235 4.7

Offers from Charlotte, New Mexico, Old Dominion, San Jose State and Western Michigan. Taking visits to a couple Pac 12 schools so it looks like he wants to end up there, although none have offered.

Another note - Offeree DE Lorenzo Melvin was on campus last weekend, and is heading to SoDak St this weekend. He would be a good pickup.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=5793463

Hopefully playing in the BigSky pays off with him. I'd like to see a nice OL and DL class this year.

I also read an article online (which I can't find anymore) about a 3 star safety out of Illinois who is making a visit this weekend. Another position where playing time is wide open for a young kid going into next season.

Hopefully playing in the BigSky pays off with him. I'd like to see a nice OL and DL class this year.

I also read an article online (which I can't find anymore) about a 3 star safety out of Illinois who is making a visit this weekend. Another position where playing time is wide open for a young kid going into next season.

Could be Jameer Thurman.....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jameer-Thurman-136899;_ylt=AgC4Qgfaq.RWr2CDvtAqHfdIPZB4

Could be Jameer Thurman.....

http://rivals.yahoo....2CDvtAqHfdIPZB4

I believe that is him. It was a rivals article that I somehow got access too. Talked about how his recruiting is really picking up and he's gotten calls from Kansas, Minnesota and Illinois but no offers from them yet. From the sounds of it he really likes our coaching staff and hopefully (if this is the weekend he is visiting) really likes the opportunities he will have here. He may get a Big10 offer before its all said and done though.

Watching the Broncos game last night and heaing the announcers talk about how Chris Kuper is the key to protecting Peyton Manning. I would love to see a couple OL like Chris sign in this class who want to come get coached by a former NFL Olineman- Greg Lotysz

Watching the Broncos game last night and heaing the announcers talk about how Chris Kuper is the key to protecting Peyton Manning. I would love to see a couple OL like Chris sign in this class who want to come get coached by a former NFL Olineman- Greg Lotysz

Haha, I think every team in the country would like to get 2 all-american linemen in One class, not exactly realistic though. I wouldn't mind us going after some smaller and more mobile linemen. It doesn't matter how big you are if you are slow-footed. I would love to see us start pulling more guards in the run game, this is how the Broncos line has been for years in worked well. We have far to many slow-footed linemen at the moment and that is why our run game is struggling.

Haha, I think every team in the country would like to get 2 all-american linemen in One class, not exactly realistic though. I wouldn't mind us going after some smaller and more mobile linemen. It doesn't matter how big you are if you are slow-footed. I would love to see us start pulling more guards in the run game, this is how the Broncos line has been for years in worked well. We have far to many slow-footed linemen at the moment and that is why our run game is struggling.

Broncos line looked really good last night.

Healthy kleason at guard with a developing Anderson with walker in the middle and you've got a supremely athletic interior. Mcgurran was good but slow as molasses same with gilson.