SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Four more:

RB Jake Disterhaupt, 6'1", 185, Moose Lake (Moose Lake/Willow River), MN

TE Noah Scarver, 6'4", 200, Mpls (Washburn), MN

DB Ryan McKinley, 5' 11", 170, 4.8, Anthem (Boulder Creek), AZ Has offers from SDSU & Yale

OT Mitch Wehrli, 6'4", 275, 5.2, Phoenix (Desert Vista), AZ

North Dakota offered Sussex (WI) Hamilton tight end Tony Gumina this weekend (http://www.wissports...23336&sportID=3). He previously had offers from South Dakota and Ball State. For Wisconsin prospects, it seems like UND and South Dakota are just offering whoever the other one offers. Both have been very active in the state recently, taking advantage of a very good 2013 class and also the fact that Wisconsin only has 10-12 scholarships to give out total in this cycle, meaning some good players that otherwise may have gotten UW offers will be available. Other BCS teams are taking notice though, as Nebraska and Michigan State amongst others are offering a lot more Wisconsin kids than ever before. Nebraska and MSU have each gotten commitments from kids UW has offered actually.

I think several of you may already follow me on Twitter, but just in case anyone is interested on Wisconsin high school sports news and recruiting updates (mostly football but also some basketball and baseball; although beware for some occasional Brewers and Badgers rants ;) ) feel free to follow me: twitter.com/travisWSN

• Upvote 1

North Dakota offered Sussex (WI) Hamilton tight end Tony Gumina this weekend (http://www.wissports...23336&sportID=3). He previously had offers from South Dakota and Ball State. For Wisconsin prospects, it seems like UND and South Dakota are just offering whoever the other one offers. Both have been very active in the state recently, taking advantage of a very good 2013 class and also the fact that Wisconsin only has 10-12 scholarships to give out total in this cycle, meaning some good players that otherwise may have gotten UW offers will be available. Other BCS teams are taking notice though, as Nebraska and Michigan State amongst others are offering a lot more Wisconsin kids than ever before. Nebraska and MSU have each gotten commitments from kids UW has offered actually.

I think several of you may already follow me on Twitter, but just in case anyone is interested on Wisconsin high school sports news and recruiting updates (mostly football but also some basketball and baseball; although beware for some occasional Brewers and Badgers rants ;) ) feel free to follow me: twitter.com/travisWSN

Thanks again for your insight. We will follow on Twitter but keep the info coming.....

As I said, the "you offer, we offer" contest between NDSU and UND continues. North Dakota State yesterday offered recent UND offerees Tony Gumina (Sussex Hamilton tight end) and Brad Ambrosius (West De Pere defensive end).

Travis - Again, thanks for the info. Have you checked our Wiki recruiting page? I am curious whether we are missing any WI athletes or if you know of any offers that aren't reflected (like the two you mention above). Thanks!

UND has 60 known offers out to prospective recruits. Some of us may find it interesting what the geographical footprint of where these kids live:

Illinois 15

Wisconsin 14

Minnesota 12

Arizona 10

Iowa 3

Oregon 2

Nebraska 2

S Dakota 2

UND has 60 known offers out to prospective recruits. Some of us may find it interesting what the geographical footprint of where these kids live:

Illinois 15

Wisconsin 14

Minnesota 12

Arizona 10

Iowa 3

Oregon 2

Nebraska 2

S Dakota 2

So we have no ND offers?

Few more Wisconsin kids North Dakota is showing interest in:

Saint Mary's Springs (Fond du Lac, WI) linebacker Matt Austin

Saint Mary's Springs (Fond du Lac, WI) offensive lineman Sam Schrauth (sophomore)

Franklin receiver Chad Walton (sophomore)

Few more Wisconsin kids North Dakota is showing interest in:

Saint Mary's Springs (Fond du Lac, WI) linebacker Matt Austin

Saint Mary's Springs (Fond du Lac, WI) offensive lineman Sam Schrauth (sophomore)

Franklin receiver Chad Walton (sophomore)

Thanks for the info, Travis!