SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

He hits the hole very hard but he doesn't seem very fast. Looks like an average high school runningback when it comes to speed. He doesn't necessarily out run anybody in that video. Doesn't look quick or shifty either. He would definitely be a third down back IMO

Really? It looks like all he does is outrun people. Any high schooler that scores 40 TD's in a season (33 rushing, 7 pass receptions) hasn't been caught from behind too many times.

Really? It looks like all he does is outrun people. Any high schooler that scores 40 TD's in a season (33 rushing, 7 pass receptions) hasn't been caught from behind too many times.

I'm no expert, but I tend to agree to GFG on this one. Seems like a good small school player with some decent top-end speed. He's playing against some very suspect competition each week and he shows stiffness in his hips.

Just my opinion, but I'd be surprised if we offer him a scholarship. Would be a great preferred walk-on candidate though.

Never said he got outrun or caught up to from behind (Which really should never happen to any halfway decent HS runningback). Most of the defenders have about the same speed as him when they chase after him. Seems like most of the time the defense just wasn't ready for him because of how hard he hit the holes (Which is understandable in high school) and by the time they respond he's going by them. Once they turn and start running after him, though, it seems like he's about the same speed as most of the people chasing him. He's got good vision and hits the hole hard, but just doesn't have breakaway speed IMO.

I'm no expert, but I tend to agree to GFG on this one. Seems like a good small school player with some decent top-end speed. He's playing against some very suspect competition each week and he shows stiffness in his hips.

Just my opinion, but I'd be surprised if we offer him a scholarship. Would be a great preferred walk-on candidate though.

You're right, it's harder to judge someone when they're playing against smaller schools. Regardless, it will be interesting to see where he goes and how well he does.

Never said he got outrun or caught up to from behind (Which really should never happen to any halfway decent HS runningback). Most of the defenders have about the same speed as him when they chase after him. Seems like most of the time the defense just wasn't ready for him because of how hard he hit the holes (Which is understandable in high school) and by the time they respond he's going by them. Once they turn and start running after him, though, it seems like he's about the same speed as most of the people chasing him. He's got good vision and hits the hole hard, but just doesn't have breakaway speed IMO.

I noticed the same thing, that he really gets through the holes in a hurry. May or may not have FCS-quality breakaway speed; time will tell. At the very least, I agree with UNDVince that he'd be a great preferred walk-on candidate.

I noticed the same thing, that he really gets through the holes in a hurry. May or may not have FCS-quality breakaway speed; time will tell. At the very least, I agree with UNDVince that he'd be a great preferred walk-on candidate.

Can't deny that.

Wiki isn't working for me either. I had heard that we may have offered Miller but had been unable to confirm it. I know we have Favors and Carr as offered and I think Phillips as well. I know that SU had offered Benoit but I am not sure he was on our list.

Thanks for the info - I will update Wiki as soon as I can get in there.

Now with Wiki back up - looks like Carr is only in the interest list although Scout says we've offered.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6276682

• 2 weeks later...

Per a Gopher website, UND has made two more offers, both to DeLaSalle athletes:

DB Oscar Opara, 5'11", 180

DE Jareid Combs, 6'4", 225

Other updates have been made to Wiki - mostly prospects receiving offers from other institutions.

Sounds like UND offered three more Wisco players yesterday per WisSportsNet. Don't have any names......will update if/when hear anything. EDIT: One may be Brandon Miller. DT Brandon Miller, 6'5" 290 Waterford, WI http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Miller-133603;_ylt=Aly59Dkj_ZCKGX8iYkk1qGhIPZB4

You were correct, Miller was one of them. The other two from WI plus a new one from OR:

OL Jake Gronholz, 6'2", 265, Lake Mills (Lakeside Lutheran), WI

DE Nathan Tanguay, 6'5", 240, Mukwonago (Mukwonago), WI

OL Alex Sirois, 6'5", 275, Hillsboro (Century), OR