SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I believe Johs has decided not to play football in college. Unless something has changed recently, I thought I heard he's just going to school at Ohio State or something?

That sucks and seems kind of out of the blue. I guess he could be burned out with football. He seems like the type of nd we wish we could get every year

Hopefully we can get his signature

I'll try this one more time now that the game is over and the trolls have settled down.

Thurman looks like the biggest catch in the sea for secondary help on UND's radar, would be a major grab.

Interesting note on Thurman. He held an offer from Central Michigan and from what I gathered by reading online got a commitment from someone higher on their board and that offer is no longer there. He is a must sign. Watching his highlight tape he could come in a play right away. He's physical against the run and moves pretty well.

I'm guessing this will be a big recruiting weekend for us and I'm hoping there are a lot of chest bumps getting thrown out on Sunday and Monday. Thurman is set to visit Southern Illinois the following weekend but hopefully we get him locked up before he leaves town.

Interesting note on Thurman. He held an offer from Central Michigan and from what I gathered by reading online got a commitment from someone higher on their board and that offer is no longer there. He is a must sign. Watching his highlight tape he could come in a play right away. He's physical against the run and moves pretty well.

I'm guessing this will be a big recruiting weekend for us and I'm hoping there are a lot of chest bumps getting thrown out on Sunday and Monday. Thurman is set to visit Southern Illinois the following weekend but hopefully we get him locked up before he leaves town.

Hopefully it is not -20 this weekend ;)

In all seriousness this would be a huge get!

Hopefully it is not -20 this weekend ;)

In all seriousness this would be a huge get!

According to the forecast, he'll get an accurate glimpse of Grand Forks weather: 30 degrees F high on Friday, 7 degree high and minus 13 low on Saturday, 18 degree high and 1 above low for Sunday. Talk about ping pong weather. This could change as we get closer to the weekend, though.

I an assuming that Stendler was the Mussman chest bump. Right.

Hard to say. I think there is still one, possibly two from the Illinois area we don't know about. Coach Schleusner has had a few chest bumps and we only have two comitments from Illinois if you include Adams. JJ Robertson being the other. Its hard to say if we have been able to keep up on the commitments or not.

We reported the Helt offer back on the 16th but he somehow disappeared from the "offered" list in Wiki.

"Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Offer:

DE Dean Helt, 6'6", 225, Waunakee (Waunakee), WI Has offers from IL St & W IL"

Thanks. I realize the article was from back in Dec, but didn't see him in the Wiki offer list, so I thought I'd post it. Didn't search through the thread far enough to see the original post.

Jameer Thurman looks like the real-deal & would be a great addition to the D backfield.

Well, If Mollberg or Bartels or whoever the QB is struggles in 2013, it won't be because of the WRs...

Haha that's for sure! Did we find out about Hanson transferring here about this time? I would think if we were getting another transfer at QB this would be when we hear about it.

I believe Johs has decided not to play football in college. Unless something has changed recently, I thought I heard he's just going to school at Ohio State or something?

Serious? I visited with his parents about a year ago and he said his entire focus was basically to get a D1 football scholarship....lives and breaths football and the weight room. But who knows a lot can change. He is a stud.

Serious? I visited with his parents about a year ago and he said his entire focus was basically to get a D1 football scholarship....lives and breaths football and the weight room. But who knows a lot can change. He is a stud.

Again, it could have changed and I could be wrong, but I thought I remember hearing something along those lines recently. I agree, it's unfortunate. Kid is a good player.