SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux invade Mary-ucci arena.

Goon

Ugh, this matchup always brings out the worst in fans (on both sides). Speaking as somebody who appreciates both of these great programs, it's embarrassing to see how some people conduct themselves during Sioux/Gopher week. I for one will be happy when these two teams are in different conferences. Yes, I realize that puts me in the minority... and I'm okay with that.

We call it Hate Week at the office.

Ugh, this matchup always brings out the worst in fans (on both sides). Speaking as somebody who appreciates both of these great programs, it's embarrassing to see how some people conduct themselves during Sioux/Gopher week. I for one will be happy when these two teams are in different conferences. Yes, I realize that puts me in the minority... and I'm okay with that.

Honestly, I have no idea how a Sioux fan can cheer for the Gophers, it's beyond the realm of normal thinking. If the Gophers were playing BU or B.C. In hockey for the NCAA title I would cheer for the Boston schools.

Edited by Goon

I saw it from my seat... I love how Gopher fans think it didn't happen.

Its funny how you were the only one to see the so`- called spear and not one camera showed it or referee that saw it. Also, I don't remember one sioux player saying it happened. If one did I would like to see the quote or some kind of evidence it happened.

Its funny how you were the only one to see the so`- called spear and not one camera showed it or referee that saw it. Also, I don't remember one sioux player saying it happened. If one did I would like to see the quote or some kind of evidence it happened.

You have the internet you can google it yourself.

I also saw it from my seat. The camera's didn't pick it up since it was away from the play as Trupp was going off for a line change.I had taped the game and watched it when I got home and like I said it wasn't caught on camera, but Woog did reference it and knew what was going down with Jones and Lucia shortly after it happened when he said and I quote "Lucia HAS to go here"

I also saw it from my seat. The camera's didn't pick it up since it was away from the play as Trupp was going off for a line change.I had taped the game and watched it when I got home and like I said it wasn't caught on camera, but Woog did reference it and knew what was going down with Jones and Lucia shortly after it happened when he said and I quote "Lucia HAS to go here"

You have the internet you can google it yourself.

You couldn't find it either, huh?

It happened. Just because you didn't hear one sioux player saying it happened doesn't mean it didn't. I didn't see it happen either, like EVERYONE has said, it happened AWAY from the play. Unless it was right in front of you, more than likely you were watching the freaking puck. I know it happened because I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I have a hard time believing a person would lie about being speared. If you don't believe us, you can go over to GPL and talk with those morons. They'll agree with you.

• Upvote 1

It happened. Just because you didn't hear one sioux player saying it happened doesn't mean it didn't. I didn't see it happen either, like EVERYONE has said, it happened AWAY from the play. Unless it was right in front of you, more than likely you were watching the freaking puck. I know it happened because I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I have a hard time believing a person would lie about being speared. If you don't believe us, you can go over to GPL and talk with those morons. They'll agree with you.

I will be the first to admit it was a cheap play if anyone can show evidence it happened. Its just funny Trupp never publically said it in the media.

I will be the first to admit it was a cheap play if anyone can show evidence it happened. Its just funny Trupp never publically said it in the media.

Did miss Lucia move on to the ECHL or AHL after his college career? If he did is there a video of his turtle moves and subsequent smack down? Rumor has it that he runs his own coffee kiosk in the cities.

Whatever happened to Cpiss? Surely someone gave him a beating, or did he go straight to work at Target?

• Upvote 1

Hate week is an excellent phrase.

Here's how my hate week rolls. On Monday, I hate the Sioux, but tend to be respectful. On tuesday, I really hate the Sioux and fight the urge to get into online arguments. On Wednesday I despise the Sioux and will probably make a cheap shot comment. On Thursday I think all Sioux fans are assholes and I'll end up making an equally asshole statement. On Friday and Saturday, I enjoy my favorite rivalry in all of hockey. Come Sunday, I'll either lick my wounds or smile for the coming week.

No different than Sioux fans having the nerve to defend Frattin's hit on Wehrs a couple years ago.

Which time for Wehrs? I know the one time he got hit, I thin it was last year was a great end of the period hit. Time still on the clock, it was a good clean hit. I have watched it several time this week to get ready for this weekend. Go Sioux

Which time for Wehrs? I know the one time he got hit, I thin it was last year was a great end of the period hit. Time still on the clock, it was a good clean hit. I have watched it several time this week to get ready for this weekend. Go Sioux

I think you're thinking of another hit, which is understandable considering how many times Wehrs got destroyed. :)

• Upvote 1

Did miss Lucia move on to the ECHL or AHL after his college career? If he did is there a video of his turtle moves and subsequent smack down? Rumor has it that he runs his own coffee kiosk in the cities.

Whatever happened to Cpiss? Surely someone gave him a beating, or did he go straight to work at Target?

Cepis is playing professionally in europe and Lucia is playing for the San Jose Sharks AHL team

its honestly not that different from now.

currently it goes like this

year 1 @und

year 2 @ UM @UND

year 3 @UM

then they enacted the clusters

You'd think the Gopher fans would have a better realization that, that is what it has been like for the past few seasons now considering they've visited Grand Forks far more than we have visited the Mooch in the past few seasons. (albeit part of the reason is because Minnesota played us in the 1st round of the WCHA playoffs in Grand Forks)