SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux invade Mary-ucci arena.

Goon

We know that, we're not SCSU fans :) . But the fact that this team is doing pretty well so far for being so young is pretty promising. The "D" still needs some work but with Guentzel back (I'm still jumping up and down that Hill is finally gone) things can only get better as the season goes along in that aspect as well. No one is looking past UND though, that is for sure, but like you said this is the first year in probably 3-4 years where things have actually been looking up!

As a blogger I miss Hill because I could write posts all week based on his antics. They say he is a really nice guy but he didn't have a filter.

This series, on big ice, revolves around 2 Sioux IMO...Forbort and Simpson. Both are draft picks that have looked awful thru 8 games...esp. Forbort. On a bigger sheet of ice if those two play like they have so far UND will be hard pressed to get points. Mattson is a stud. Blood is a beast. Panz has suprised me. Mac has been solid.

Thought Dell looked good vs. SCSU. 2 of 3 goals Friday were redirects.

If we had any depth at forward, this would be the series to play Gleason at D. Too thin at forward with injuries though.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Rocco centering Parks and MacMillan and watch those 3 young guys go.

Also wouldn't be suprised if Kristo was the best player on the ice both nights.

UND needs points...2 would be great. More than that would be a huge bonus.

Thanks to the technology of DISH TV will get to watch games in our hunting cabing along the Little Missouri river west of Amidon, ND. Smallest county seat in nation for you trivia buffs.

Hakstol felt Dell was seeing the puck well on Saturday night.

i believe this is the weekend Patterson isn't a brick wall. They did allow 100 shots against Duluth and won both nights by 1. Difference on Saturday's game was gophers scored on their quality shots which they only had 16 total. Vermont played them rough the second night and won. I think this series is totally up for grabs. Bloods going to hammer some Gophers and get some BS calls which is normal it seems these days with refs in every series. Stay out of box,crash net and shot shot shot the puck is going in this weekend. I wann see Grimaldi and Kristo once together. I don't believe the Gophers have really been tested besides the Duluth game. GO SIOUX shut the tool bag Gophers Fans up...

No it's not, remember the first year we missed the NCAA tournament. We were ranked #1 in the country from the start of the season all the way into a few weeks of the 2nd half of the season and then miraculously collapsed to miss the tourney. Things were looking up and then, BAM!! Ultimate b!tch slap!

Not actually. That was 08-09. You guys were #3 when you came to Grand Forks to play us, we swept you and exposed the weaknesses, then you swept SCSU after that and collapsed after that, lost to UMD at the Final Five and missed the NCAA tournament. You were ranked Number 1 that year in November I believe for a week. Point being is you were not #1 that whole season, actually you hardly were ranked #1 at all. You guys had a good start and then fell apart during the stretch run. The two teams that were number one that whole season were Boston University and Notre Dame. BU won the natty.

Sioux - Goofers ......or opening weekend of ND deer season? ???

Rest easy Bambi....the doe tag will be sitting in the wallet, under the butt, on the couch, in front of the TV, for this one...

It will be well past shooting hours by the time these games start. Just need to keep your eyes open long enough to find a barstool somewhere with the game on.

• Upvote 1

It will be well past shooting hours by the time these games start. Just need to keep your eyes open long enough to find a barstool somewhere with the game on.

The only way you can shoot at the time the game is on is with a spot light. :lol::)

No different than Sioux fans having the nerve to defend Frattin's hit on Wehrs a couple years ago.

I don't remember "a lot of people defending" it. It was a matter of what the league was going to give him as far as a penalty goes.

I don't remember "a lot of people defending" it. It was a matter of what the league was going to give him as far as a penalty goes.

For the record Im not defending Lucia if he speared someone, Im just saying I never saw it and I dont believe anyone caught it on tape. And as a Gopher fan I have to take everything Sioux fans say with a grain of salt. :)

The Gophers are not just playing better than they have in years, they are also more physical that they have been in years. I'm hoping we pay you guys back for the last few years of abuse. It would be nice to knock the team to be named later around for a change.

The Gophers have issues, defense being number one. We are a long ways away from being a top team. Still, the gold is shinning bright this season.

Here's to beating the rival I hate the most (and will miss the most next season).

For the record Im not defending Lucia if he speared someone, Im just saying I never saw it and I dont believe anyone caught it on tape. And as a Gopher fan I have to take everything Sioux fans say with a grain of salt. :)

As do I. It's a hockey game, not NATO versus Libya.