SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Maine.......

AZSIOUX

I hope the boys have a good week of practice and heal up as well. I don't know if many of you know that we had 2-3 players playing pretty banged up already and 2 of which were on the backend which was partly a cause of some of the defensive breakdowns this weekend.

Well, that was obvious when we played with 7 D on Friday... I kind of figured that might have had something to do with the terrible defensive play. Hopefully they heal up soon. We clearly could use some healthy D.

I'm anxious Friday night to see if the Sioux stay with the Kristo-Knight-Nelson line. If Hak decides to split it them up hopefully Knight and Kristo stick together, as you can see that they have a ton of chemistry.

The first period Friday night I hope we see the Sioux come out and hit everything they see. Like a coach I once had used to say, "Hit the piss out of them in the first, and we'll see if they want to come back and play the second". Don't let another hockey east team come into your rink and finesse their way around the rink.

I'm anxious Friday night to see if the Sioux stay with the Kristo-Knight-Nelson line. If Hak decides to split it them up hopefully Knight and Kristo stick together, as you can see that they have a ton of chemistry.

The first period Friday night I hope we see the Sioux come out and hit everything they see. Like a coach I once had used to say, "Hit the piss out of them in the first, and we'll see if they want to come back and play the second". Don't let another hockey east team come into your rink and finesse their way around the rink.

I seem to remember 2 great hits in the first few minutes of the game by the Sioux, and then they kind of forgot about it.

Well, that was obvious when we played with 7 D on Friday... I kind of figured that might have had something to do with the terrible defensive play. Hopefully they heal up soon. We clearly could use some healthy D.

Hakstol indicated on the postgame show Friday night that Gaarder was in the doghouse and that was why they dressed 7 d and only 11 f

Hakstol indicated on the postgame show Friday night that Gaarder was in the doghouse and that was why they dressed 7 d and only 11 f

I have a VERY hard time believing that Hakstol would come right out and say a player was in the "doghouse."

And I caught most of the post game and I didn't hear that.

I heard it in more than one place that the reason for the extra D was because of the injured defensemen.

I don't think that is correct. I thought I read something by Brad that one of the defensemen might have been banged up.

I have a VERY hard time believing that Hakstol would come right out and say a player was in the "doghouse."

And I caught most of the post game and I didn't hear that.

I heard it in more than one place that the reason for the extra D was because of the injured defensemen.

He didn't use those words exactly and didn't say the players name. But he mentioned a discipline problem to Hennessey when asked why he dressed 7 d and 11 f.

Anyone else think that their is a possibilty that Gleason could be moved up to forward again this year? I know he has looked solid at defense so far this year but with the early injuries and the St. Clair issue we are looking pretty thin at forward, plus I think Panzarella would be a more than capable 5 or 6 d-man.

The NCAA is questioning online courses he took to accelerate his education prior to coming to play in the USHL.

Or so I heard.

chalk that up to parents believing everything told to them by advisers and recruiters about them taking care of getting him schooling. obviously, nobody paid attention to what classes he was taking. really...just a guess but can't be far off.

The NCAA is questioning online courses he took to accelerate his education prior to coming to play in the USHL.

Or so I heard.

You heard correct. He already has already appealed the NC$$ twice and lost. Was going to appeal a 3rd time, which would be his last chance...so I heard.

You heard correct. He already has already appealed the NC$$ twice and lost. Was going to appeal a 3rd time, which would be his last chance...so I heard.

Sad, really. I am certain he is the type of young man who would have gladly done more had someone pointed out to him that such and such a course did not qualify.

I hold out hope that the NCAA will find something they missed the first two times. It would be terrific to see him play in Green and White.

I get worried when I hear players use the "revenge" factor about playing Maine this weekend. There are so many times that the Sioux have "owed" somebody only to come up short. Remember when they owed Denver for the hit to Bina? Denver beat us in the National Championship game after that again. Hopefully they just go about their business at practice and can use the pairwise as motivation, because in reality, that is what is really at stake here. The Sioux definitely can't afford to be swept, and sweeping will help take a bit of the sting out of the BC loss, at least in the pairwise.

Anyone else think that their is a possibilty that Gleason could be moved up to forward again this year? I know he has looked solid at defense so far this year but with the early injuries and the St. Clair issue we are looking pretty thin at forward, plus I think Panzarella would be a more than capable 5 or 6 d-man.

I agree he looked real good on defense..more comfortable...but they are pretty thin up front unless these young guys step it up quickly. I didn't see the BC game but in the other ones O'Donnell looked pretty good too.

I get worried when I hear players use the "revenge" factor about playing Maine this weekend. There are so many times that the Sioux have "owed" somebody only to come up short. Remember when they owed Denver for the hit to Bina? Denver beat us in the National Championship game after that again. Hopefully they just go about their business at practice and can use the pairwise as motivation, because in reality, that is what is really at stake here. The Sioux definitely can't afford to be swept, and sweeping will help take a bit of the sting out of the BC loss, at least in the pairwise.

I don't put a lot of stock into things of this nature. Mostly because the media and people are always looking for a story angle. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I think there may be more emphasis on it than we think.