SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Great programs don't shuffle through coaches like the Oakland Raiders, Mussman needs to stay. Defensive assistants are a different story.

For how long? 2008-2012 so far. Thats 5 seasons and the most DI wins we have in one season is 5 (2011). I know it took Roger Thomas from 1986-1990 to actually get a competitive team (conference title in 93) but now Muss has to be on thin ice especially if we drop to SUU and UNC and finish 4-7 (3-7 DI games)

For how long? 2008-2012 so far. Thats 5 seasons and the most DI wins we have in one season is 5 (2011). I know it took Roger Thomas from 1986-1990 to actually get a competitive team (conference title in 93) but now Muss has to be on thin ice especially if we drop to SUU and UNC and finish 4-7 (3-7 DI games)

A 4-7 finish will not happen. 6-5.

Muss will be here thru his contract extension regardless IMO. My guess is we lose next Saturday but sneak by UNC to end on a "high" note.

With a RS Fr. QB next yr, it's gona be tough sledding even if the D improves alittle bit.

The following year it needs to all come together if Muss has any chance of going beyond his current deal.

Muss will be here thru his contract extension regardless IMO. My guess is we lose next Saturday but sneak by UNC to end on a "high" note.

With a RS Fr. QB next yr, it's gona be tough sledding even if the D improves alittle bit.

The following year it needs to all come together if Muss has any chance of going beyond his current deal.

How does our D look next year.. young group, juniors and seniors? Or is it the poor coaching.

A 4-7 finish will not happen. 6-5.

Umm, I think 5-6 or 4-7. Not likely we see 6-5. SUU is a good football team and coming off that a** kicking in Bozeman, this team will not do anything special against SUU.

If we go 4-7, you've got to wonder......

but, I don't think it will happen (the termination)

Umm, I think 5-6 or 4-7. Not likely we see 6-5. SUU is a good football team and coming off that a** kicking in Bozeman, this team will not do anything special against SUU.

If we go 4-7, you've got to wonder......

but, I don't it will happen (the termination)

It won't happen even at 4-7 (unfortunately). Remember we are just a year removed from a Great West crown!!!

no chance in fuk are we going to be able to lure away a associate head coach form notre dame

we gotta think bubba schwiegert!

if i'm not mistaken, FU got Bohl from Nebraska when he was DC there. Nebraska's prestige/profile is as strong as Notre Dame's. All it takes is a commitment (read salary) to a successful football program. Or does hockey have a corner on that market at UND?

It won't happen even at 4-7 (unfortunately). Remember we are just a year removed from a Great West crown!!!

Look at other teams that left the GWFC... 2012: USD 1-7, Cal Poly 7-1, UC Davis 3-6, SUU 4-5, UND 4-5. 2006 UNC 1-10, 2008 NDSU 6-5, SDSU 7-5.

NDSU, SDSU and Cal Poly will or have finished with winning records. UND even if they hit 4-7 its the not the worse after 1 year removed from the GWFC.

if i'm not mistaken, FU got Bohl from Nebraska when he was DC there. Nebraska's prestige/profile is as strong as Notre Dame's. All it takes is a commitment (read salary) to a successful football program. Or does hockey have a corner on that market at UND?

Lets get Bo Pelini!!!

I think Bohl lost his job at Nebraska due to a head coaching change. I'm pretty sure he didn't leave Nebraska to coach FU.

I think Bohl lost his job at Nebraska due to a head coaching change. I'm pretty sure he didn't leave Nebraska to coach FU.

My team lead (big NU fan) at work said Bohl was fooling around with cheerleaders while at Nebraska.

Bohl got run out of Lincoln... you should hear what they say about him in Lincoln. I know, I was wearing my Sioux gear at a Husker game and several fans made a point (NOTE: they had confused UND and NDSU) to comment about (rather poorly) Bohl the man and his defense. They think that he nearly wrecked the black shirts and according to many fans he was caught with his pants down and not just on the football field.

bohl was fired after the 7-7 season in 2002 when solich mixed up his staff to try to save his job. he had previously coached at NDSU in the 80's.

I didn't care for Solich. Tom Osborne is the greatest. I loved seeing NU rush for like 300-400 yards and putting 70 points on teams. Now they are slowing moving up to the top.

In Mussman's 5 seasons the team as a whole has markedly regressed. Our receiving corps is good, but that's about the only area of promise for the future right now. The only way one could claim the team is improving is by saying we're much improved from 2009. Well if being better than a team that lost to (and was flat-out beaten by) the University of Sioux Falls is the mark of what we expect from UND football, then I guess UND will never have another good football team. Sioux Falls would probably put up 30+ points on our defense this year. Excellence must be demanded. Also, people have been calling for Muss to get fired for a long time.

We allowed 55 points, I think the problems lie moreso on the other side of the ball.

This sounds like a Mussman quote. I'd rather we start winning than turn into a competitive conference doormat like Northern Colorado. What has Mussman done to earn patience? Going "toe to toe" in losses to good teams at home while getting slaughtered on the road? The attitude displayed after the Montana win was somewhat embarrassing. Was it an exciting finish? Yeah. Was it a good conference win? Yeah. Was it the biggest win of the D1 era for UND? Against a team that is 2-4 in conference play..... I hope not.

Its our first year in the conference and we have played how many top ten teams?! Did you think we would walk right through the schedule. Give it a season or two ... and I would not say the team has regressed that much, as much as we have face much more competitive teams. Keep in mind it was much more difficult to recruit during the transition period. I think that for a first season of being playoff eligible we have shown a lot of ups and downs. Not saying Mussman is my favorite coach, but I don't think we should be calling for his head yet either.

Yes, you are correct, yesterdays loss shows more than a need to beef up our O line; though that would have helped on offense. Obviously our D needs some work, that has been apparent through multiple games this year. Although I talked to a relative who was at the game (Big Montana St fan) and he said that was one of the best games he has ever seen them play; said they just look very solid coming off a bye week and a loss.

Anyway, I think the team needs some work, but they certainly show some promise.

• Upvote 1

Its our first year in the conference and we have played how many top ten teams?! Did you think we would walk right through the schedule. Give it a season or two ... and I would not say the team has regressed that much, as much as we have face much more competitive teams. Keep in mind it was much more difficult to recruit during the transition period. I think that for a first season of being playoff eligible we have shown a lot of ups and downs. Not saying Mussman is my favorite coach, but I don't think we should be calling for his head yet either.

Yes, you are correct, yesterdays loss shows more than a need to beef up our O line; though that would have helped on offense. Obviously our D needs some work, that has been apparent through multiple games this year. Although I talked to a relative who was at the game (Big Montana St fan) and he said that was one of the best games he has ever seen them play; said they just look very solid coming off a bye week and a loss.

Anyway, I think the team needs some work, but they certainly show some promise.

Beef up both lines, they just aren't strong enough. LB's need to get bigger on the outside and quicker on the inside and also just plain better. We also need a JUCO or two in the secondary at least if not an LB and DL too.

Beef up both lines, they just aren't strong enough. LB's need to get bigger on the outside and quicker on the inside and also just plain better. We also need a JUCO or two in the secondary at least if not an LB and DL too.

Amen.

It would have been great for UND to have an open date earlier, like Montana St, Montana, E Wash, etc. Having an open date after S Utah will be much less meaningful than an October date that most other BSC teams have had.