SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Whomever is an established coach for one of MSP's many college and professional teams is a "close, personal friend" of Hartman's. I do admire him for working well into his 90's.

Funny thing is the guy is richer than you would believe. Very smart businessman who has made a ton of money over the years. This is his company and only a portion of his property holdings. http://www.sidal.com/

Funny thing is the guy is richer than you would believe. Very smart businessman who has made a ton of money over the years. This is his company and only a portion of his property holdings. http://www.sidal.com/

Thanks for the link. I have heard over the years that he is worth a ton and owns a lot of apartment buildings but didn't know any of the details. There was a lot of talk that he partnered up with Marvin Wolfenson and Harvey Ratner who started the NW Health Clubs and owned the Timberwolves. I think they were friends from north Minneapolis when they were younger.

I would find that in poor taste.

Sort of like those Lions fans that were kicked out for holding up "Fire Matt Millen" signs at Ford Field? Yeah, I guess they should have supported him instead. :silly:

Fans that pay good money for Champions Club membership and FB season tickets shouldn't have to apologize for being unhappy about the product currently being put on the field. As far as I am concerned, they have every right to bring "Fire Muss" signs to the game on Saturday.

From what I have been able to find, the lowest regular season attendance figure in the Alerus era is 6238, which was the Lamar game from 2010. The lowest number overall is the Winona St. playoff game from 2006--5073. I don't think there's much question there won't be as many as 6238 on Saturday. The question is exactly how bad it's going to be? Under 5000? I know they count season tickets regardless of whether or not they actually show up, but I have no idea how many of those were sold this year.

I would find that in poor taste.

I asking an honest question. I probably wouldn't resort to bringing a sign like that. But I did voice my opinion my emailing Faison. That is probably the best way to do it. But if someone wants to bring a "Fire Muss" sign to the game, I fully support that. Why shouldn't a person be able to do that. This is still America right?!!

From what I have been able to find, the lowest regular season attendance figure in the Alerus era is 6238, which was the Lamar game from 2010. The lowest number overall is the Winona St. playoff game from 2006--5073. I don't think there's much question there won't be as many as 6238 on Saturday. The question is exactly how bad it's going to be? Under 5000? I know they count season tickets regardless of whether or not they actually show up, but I have no idea how many of those were sold this year.

I believe I heard season tickets sold were around 4,500 for this season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... I know Dexter A. had told me there was an increase in season tix from last season.

Like many others, my season tickets will not be in use Saturday. The actual "butts in the seats" will be embarrassingly low.

from2012 January one of the higer repp'd posts

It's Time: Put up or shut up.

photo-thumb-10.jpg?_r=0 Posted The Sicatoka on 07 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

OK UND Football (including the key forces and benefactors looking to go to DI), everything you've asked for you've gotten:

- transition to Division I

- removal of the moniker so you can schedule the Big Ten teams with moniker policies

- removal of the moniker so you can host in NCAA post season

- an autobid conference to play in

We witnessed today that a rise to dominance at the FCS level can be done fairly quickly after transition.

OK, UND Football, you were dominant in DII before the transition and everything you need for dominance you now have.

You've gotten everything you've asked for, and some of it came at great cost.

Show us it was worth it and that you're serious.

from2012 January one of the higer repp'd posts

It's Time: Put up or shut up.

photo-thumb-10.jpg?_r=0 Posted The Sicatoka on 07 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

OK UND Football (including the key forces and benefactors looking to go to DI), everything you've asked for you've gotten:

- transition to Division I

- removal of the moniker so you can schedule the Big Ten teams with moniker policies

- removal of the moniker so you can host in NCAA post season

- an autobid conference to play in

We witnessed today that a rise to dominance at the FCS level can be done fairly quickly after transition.

OK, UND Football, you were dominant in DII before the transition and everything you need for dominance you now have.

You've gotten everything you've asked for, and some of it came at great cost.

Show us it was worth it and that you're serious.

Wow, I think I might ask Sic to help me with my stock investments! ;) Maybe he should change his username to "The Oracle"! :)

Thanks for the link. I have heard over the years that he is worth a ton and owns a lot of apartment buildings but didn't know any of the details. There was a lot of talk that he partnered up with Marvin Wolfenson and Harvey Ratner who started the NW Health Clubs and owned the Timberwolves. I think they were friends from north Minneapolis when they were younger.

I don't know about that. The Al part of the name was for his partner Al something or another. Though I would not be surprised that he had business dealings with them not just from the neighborhood but also the synagogue.

Sort of like those Lions fans that were kicked out for holding up "Fire Matt Millen" signs at Ford Field? Yeah, I guess they should have supported him instead. :silly:

Fans that pay good money for Champions Club membership and FB season tickets shouldn't have to apologize for being unhappy about the product currently being put on the field. As far as I am concerned, they have every right to bring "Fire Muss" signs to the game on Saturday.

I paid good money for a Champions Club membership and FB season tickets and am unhappy with the product being put on the field. I don't think Muss should be retained but I still say it would be in poor taste to bring a sign like that to a game.

I asking an honest question. I probably wouldn't resort to bringing a sign like that. But I did voice my opinion my emailing Faison. That is probably the best way to do it. But if someone wants to bring a "Fire Muss" sign to the game, I fully support that. Why shouldn't a person be able to do that. This is still America right?!!

I don't support retaining Muss. You are right - this is still America and a person should be allowed to bring a "Fire Muss" sign to a game. Because it is America I am also allowed to have the opinion that it would be poor taste to bring a Fire Muss sign to a game and I stand behind that. If you want to make that statement there are more classy ways to do it like contacting the AD directly.
  • Upvote 2

I don't support retaining Muss. You are right - this is still America and a person should be allowed to bring a "Fire Muss" sign to a game. Because it is America I am also allowed to have the opinion that it would be poor taste to bring a Fire Muss sign to a game and I stand behind that. If you want to make that statement there are more classy ways to do it like contacting the AD directly.

I have written an email to Faison. If you look at my previous posts, I suggested that was the best way to voice your opinion. I was just curious to see if bringing a sign would actually happen. I agree that there are better ways to voice your opinion. But if someone were to bring a sign calling for Muss to be fired, would you be mad at hat person? Would you disagree with them?!!

I have written an email to Faison. If you look at my previous posts, I suggested that was the best way to voice your opinion. I was just curious to see if bringing a sign would actually happen. I agree that there are better ways to voice your opinion. But if someone were to bring a sign calling for Muss to be fired, would you be mad at hat person? Would you disagree with them?!!

Some honest questions:

1. If and when Mussman is let go at the end of the season, how long does UND take to search for and name a new coach? Allowing for FCS playoffs, Bowl games, etc., or can it be done more quickly?
  2. Does having lame duck assistants trying to recruit result in a better or worse outcome than an intact staff coming off a 2-9 or 3-8 season? Or, are both options so bad it doesn’t it matter?
  3. Is UND willing to pay both Mussman’s buyout and considerably more for a new outside hire than they are currently paying Muss? A new outside hire will likely require more money to bring with him 2 coordinators who will need somewhat higher dollars than current staff is making…and possibly a couple more position coaches. Or, do you think we can get "the guy" without significantly more dollars than Mussman is making now?
  4. Will UND fans be happy if, in late November, it’s announced that a new UND coach is named from current staff…..Coach Luke, Coach Josh, Coach Danny, etc. and the rest of the young staff stays largely intact?

I’m asking these seriously. I am starting to believe the pressure on Faison will be to “do something.” I am starting to think he might, just not sure they are going to pony up the dollars to make the change worth it. Nothing against Luke, Josh or Danny, but if it does become one of those guys where do you see the program in 3 years?

• Upvote 1