SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Precisely. But, without all of the UND fans clamoring of course.

Not saying some players didn't get minors, I'd actually be more surprised if a couple actually didn't, but a couple weeks ago one of our NDSU friends went through and looked and didn't come with anything. Take it for what it is worth.

Found a lot of speeding tickets and rolling stop signs for the freshman/redshirt freshman, nothing major though. I think somebody is just trying to start rumors to get muss fired. don't worry, he's doing just fine on his own.

You're missing my point completely or more likely avoiding it.

My point isn't that UND didn't suspend the players, as I've said, this happens at every school. So stop bringing Beck up, it has no relevance in the discussion. My point is that UND fans aren't outraged by the fact that the players weren't suspended. It gets brushed under the rug when it's your players, but is on the front page of every discussion board and blog when it's NDSU players.

It hasn't been on the front page for minors, again, there was at least a handful not reported this spring even though I know that Caillou and Izzo were aware of them.

My point isn't that UND didn't suspend the players, as I've said, this happens at every school. So stop bringing Beck up, it has no relevance in the discussion. My point is that UND fans aren't outraged by the fact that the players weren't suspended. It gets brushed under the rug when it's your players, but is on the front page of every discussion board and blog when it's NDSU players.

Valid points...but again this is a UND site. Not everything is going to be seen without green and white glasses on here. Just how it works...

F that! I'm a UND fan and I think they should be suspended. Don't put words in my mouth and don't judge it by a couple of posts on this thread. Muss should be held accountable for his teams performance on the field on off the field. Same should be said of Bohl.

• Upvote 1

F that! I'm a UND fan and I think they should be suspended. Don't put words in my mouth and don't judge it by a couple of posts on this thread. Muss should be held accountable for his teams performance on the field on off the field. Same should be said of Bohl.

Well, if you don't want to be seen in that light, why did it take me pointing out the lack of outrage to get you angry? Seems to me if you aren't just feigning anger that you would have been outraged before I quoted the post. The post I responded to had been on this site for quite a while.

If this was NDSU's discipline problem, would you brush it aside so easily? Herd is right, the word hypocrites definitely is coming to mind.

I never said I agreed with the policy, so don't be throwing that word around me without understanding my post. I simply said his decision is based off of saving his job and not disciplining like he should. I really don't have a problem with how NDSU handled Beck. He is a huge part of their defense on a championship run. They disciplined and moved on.

My point is we're arguing about why he didn't do it which is just dumb because it's pretty clear why he didn't do it. He lost the locker room, he is losing the season, and the man did everything he could not to lose his job. If only we had a reset but and not hand out the extension.

I am not sure when we started treating football players like Saints but they aren't. I am pretty sure every UND fan on here wouldn't be bitching about discipline if we had more than 2 wins and NDSU hadn't just won back to back Championships. The coaching they get from the head coach and assistants is what we can only dream of getting here at UND and doesn't happen too often.

Well, if you don't want to be seen in that light, why did it take me pointing out the lack of outrage to get you angry? Seems to me if you aren't just feigning anger that you would have been outraged before I quoted the post. The post I responded to had been on this site for quite a while.

The post you replied to was posted 11hours ago if that's what you refer to as "quite a while" ago. As you can see by my posts I don't live on SiouxSports.com like you do. You have twice as many posts as me which is really sad but to each his own. My point was Muss has been doing a horrible job on the field and now it appears it is carrying over to off the field as well. You have to have control on and off the field and Muss just can't seem to figure out either.

Bison fans just WOW - so based on one anonymous post with the following information "players with MIPs". How do you know nothing was done? Not saying nothing happened but before you get going on the self righteous high road we might want to know more information like who and when. You have no clue on what has happened and what the response was. It's not like we have squad car video or a judge issuing bench warrants or state attorney general statements to work with... Bison fans on the high road - got to love it.

so you are saying that this will not be front page material on bisonville? it may not be the outrage you desire on a UND site, but we can both be confident that your friends on bisonville will more than make up for that, which makes sense since UND and NDSU no longer meet on the gridiron.

It should be noted that none of these MIP exist on records.

So, they never happened, or they got covered up before the legal system got involved? If it's the first, then the subject should be dropped before rumors get out of hand. If it's the latter, then I think the whole football program has big problems. I'm not a fan of sweeping dirt under the rug.

So, they never happened, or they got covered up before the legal system got involved? If it's the first, then the subject should be dropped before rumors get out of hand. If it's the latter, then I think the whole football program has big problems. I'm not a fan of sweeping dirt under the rug.

I did a search of the whole UND football Roster on the http://publicsearch....ov/default.aspx

For Grand Forks CO. and there wasn’t a single Minor In Possession, not a single one. There’s one pending/open charge for Drug Paraphilia, citation number 0005321614

I think some Bison fans are trying to invent incidents that didn’t and haven't happened. I am pretty sure this would be big news and in the local newspapers. This isn’t the AG School 75 miles to the south, where they let a player play, who never missed a down, after punching out someone in the street at 02:30 in the morning. Regardless of the situation, that’s anti-social behavior.

If something happened, I am sure the Herald staff would cover it and they have in the past. No one is covering up anything.

Knowing many law enforcement personnel, to suggest that they would cover something up, or sweep something under the rug, is insulting and would be short sighted as well. Also, I am sure that member of the judicial system and the police wouldn’t be very happy to see people on a message board suggesting that they’re covering up incidents and sweeping incidents under the rug. Yeah, I am going to say no. I don't care who said it... . To suggest this is preposterous....The court records do not reflect the comments in question.

As we know from the past, the Administration at UND doesn’t fool around with these types of incidents. All you have to do is look to last fall with the hockey team.

Edited by Goon

I did a search of the whole UND football Roster on the http://publicsearch....ov/default.aspx

For Grand Forks CO. and there wasn’t a single Minor In Possession, not a single one. There’s one pending/open charge for Drug Paraphilia, citation number 0005321614

I think some Bison fans are trying to invent incidents that didn’t and haven't happened. I am pretty sure this would be big news and in the local newspapers. This isn’t the AG School 75 miles to the south, where they let a player play, who never missed a down, after punching out someone in the street at 02:30 in the morning. Regardless of the situation, that’s anti-social behavior.

If something happened, I am sure the Herald staff would cover it and they have in the past. No one is covering up anything.

Knowing many law enforcement personnel, to suggest that they would cover something up, or sweep something under the rug, is insulting and would be short sighted as well. Also, I am sure that member of the judicial system and the police wouldn’t be very happy to see people on a message board suggesting that they’re covering up incidents and sweeping incidents under the rug. Yeah, I am going to say no. I don't care what some Skippy from BisonVille suggest or writes. To suggest this is preposterous, if not downright slanderous.

As we know from the past, the Administration at UND doesn’t fool around with these types of incidents. All you have to do is look to last fall with the hockey team.

Keep in mind it was a UND fan who originally brought this up. If you are looking to throw the slanderous word around look no further than that poster.

I don't care who said what... The court records do not reflect the comments in question. The fact remains, that according to court database, there was no citations for MIP.

Unfortunately, I think Muss is gone. He was the #1 recruiting resource in the State of North Dakota.... For NDSU.

UND attempting to make Mussman work may actually be one of the top reasons NDSU is doing as good as they are. NDSU simply took over control of the state once Mussman got control of UND's once competitive football program.