SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake

bincitysioux

I look for this game to be very competitive. After watching our team last year with the erratic quarterback play at best, so until they show me something different I will remain cautiously optimistic. I will have a much better idea around 10:00 tomorrow night.

Again Darell, show me where I said a signature FBS win makes FCS success?

Do you just like to argue?

But you're right, we need a signature win against a FBS school.

No I don't like to argue I am just backing up my thought no harm no foul. Its just the key word that I questioned about your post.

I actually agree with Darrell1976 on the subject of the significance of wins vs. FBS opponents......................

Of course I'd rather win against Idaho and Fresno, but losing to them doesn't bother me nearly as much as losing to UC Davis or South Dakota..................

The biggest benefit of winning an FBS game is on the recruiting trail.............UND doesn't recruit Idaho much. A good showing against Fresno would be more beneficial in that respect. The second thing is notoriety. Other than Texas Tech, UND hasn't played an FBS team that even a win against would garner an exorbinant amount of media attention. Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa won't play us. Those are the 3 big FBS programs in our region.

I'd rather be a 7-4 team against FCS competition than a 4-7 team with a win over a WAC or MAC team........................

Heard on the coach's show tonight that Mussman is very very high on Jer German...................

Also the transition away from the pistol is mostly because he felt a "disconnect" last season with what he has been trying to do with the offense since he became OC in 2001.

Lastly, he likes Joey Bradley's approach, skill, and willingness to learn....................said it was a huge benefit to get him here for the spring semester so he could acclimate to the program............

Ok, last post on this, I promise...

In no way, shape or form did I say an FBS win is more important than FCS success. All i said was that we need a signature FBS win. It could not do anything but HELP our cause with recruiting. I never said I thought it was more important than doing well against FCS competition.

If you think I said otherwise, go back and re-read my posts.

Having said that, can't wait to watch the game tomorrow at the Alerus. Hopefully we have a full house.

GO SIOUX!

Ok, last post on this, I promise...

In no way, shape or form did I say an FBS win is more important than FCS success. All i said was that we need a signature FBS win. It could not do anything but HELP our cause with recruiting. I never said I thought it was more important than doing well against FCS competition.

If you think I said otherwise, go back and re-read my posts.

Having said that, can't wait to watch the game tomorrow at the Alerus. Hopefully we have a full house.

GO SIOUX!

I agree, a signature win gets the fan base excited more than beating teams that they have been playing and beating for years, provided you have a decent season besides. That extra boost of confidence for both the fans and the players should propel you to better things throughout the year. It seems people aren't excited about women's basketball as much as they were in the past, even though they have had good conference and post season runs the last couple of years, because they have been outmatched in many games out of conference.

Let's do a little theorhetical work here first:

Assume a 90 man FB roster.

Assumably seniors have earned three letters, juniors two, sophomores one, and freshmen and RFR haven't earned one yet.

Assuming a balanced roster each class (Sr, Jr, So, Fr, RFr) would be 18 per class.

18 Sr * 3 letters per = 54

18 Jr * 2 letters per = 36

18 So *1 letter per = 18

18 Fr * 0 per = 0

18 RFr * 0 per = 0

Total letters = 108 letter on a hypothetical 90 man roster (1.2 letters per roster spot). That would be an "average" experience team under those assumptions.

I counted 92 on the UND roster and only found 58 letters earned (0.63 letters per roster spot).

This is still a very young team.

Let's do a little theorhetical work here first:

Assume a 90 man FB roster.

Assumably seniors have earned three letters, juniors two, sophomores one, and freshmen and RFR haven't earned one yet.

Assuming a balanced roster each class (Sr, Jr, So, Fr, RFr) would be 18 per class.

18 Sr * 3 letters per = 54

18 Jr * 2 letters per = 36

18 So *1 letter per = 18

18 Fr * 0 per = 0

18 RFr * 0 per = 0

Total letters = 108 letter on a hypothetical 90 man roster (1.2 letters per roster spot). That would be an "average" experience team under those assumptions.

I counted 92 on the UND roster and only found 58 letters earned (0.63 letters per roster spot).

This is still a very young team.

Which means there will be lots of experience when we are playing for more than a conference title.

Can't wait for tonights game, although I'll have to be one of those that tunes into the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and gets the action from Pat Sweeney.

I used to turn down the game and listen to the radio, but the radio/TV delay is so long now that you wait five seconds to see what you heard happen.

I'll stick to my choice....I'll say 52-21. Joey Bradley with a big game for the Sioux.

FYI.....I just signed up for the Directv Sports Pack so I can see the game tonight. Regular price is $12.99/ month. I asked them if they could discount it for me and they are giving me the first 3 months for $7.99. So......if you are signing up for it.....ask for a discount.

Dammit good work, I signed up the other day for the full 12.99. Oh well

FYI.....I just signed up for the Directv Sports Pack so I can see the game tonight. Regular price is $12.99/ month. I asked them if they could discount it for me and they are giving me the first 3 months for $7.99. So......if you are signing up for it.....ask for a discount.

Dammit good work, I signed up the other day for the full 12.99. Oh well