SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake

bincitysioux

It's been mentioned before, but what's with the faded pea green color - the uniforms are horrible - that's not Sioux green

I'm still wondering why we still use the old baggy jersey design. Uniforms are some of the least of my worries but there are high school teams that have better and higher quality uniforms than we do. Just looking at Hardin swimming in his uniform looks kinda bush league if you ask me.

In the words of the great Deion Sanders. "You gotta look good. Look good, play good. Play good, pay good. Pay good, live good. Live good, you gonna eat good. Die good."

Still questionable at QB.....Not enough situation awarness....too many sacks on 3rd and short........Seems like when he did scramble he missed the openings and found more trouble than he was avoiding. A few times he had plenty of room to get back to the line of scrimmage instead of losing yards. The D was giving him time and some openings he just didn't seem to be using them it wisely.........And penalities.......... You can't get in the end zone by starting in the red zone and working your way backwards........ A win but sloppy................

But he was able to complete 5-10 yard routes, which is something we couldn't do middle to end of last year. A QB can watch film and improve on his situational awareness, he can't suddenly develop the arm strength and accuracy I saw last night that we were lacking last year. It was the first game and his WR's were having a tough time hanging onto balls that were nicely thrown. The kid had a lot to prove last night, a poor performance and a lot of people would have walked. His first game in a new uniform, I'll give it a passing grade.

I read the last time the Sioux lost a home opener was in 1986. I was at that game it was the 67-44 thumping to Texas A&I (now Texas A&M-Kingsville). With a streak like this can we get a FBS team to come to Grand Forks. :D

I was there as well. I think Kurt Otto put it up over 60 times. A&I had Heath Sherman, Johnny Bailey, and John Randle I believe?

But he was able to complete 5-10 yard routes, which is something we couldn't do middle to end of last year. A QB can watch film and improve on his situational awareness, he can't suddenly develop the arm strength and accuracy I saw last night that we were lacking last year. It was the first game and his WR's were having a tough time hanging onto balls that were nicely thrown. The kid had a lot to prove last night, a poor performance and a lot of people would have walked. His first game in a new uniform, I'll give it a passing grade.

Anyone who watched Marcus Hendrickson's pathetic performance against Montana last year agrees.

I think Bradley looks very promising, like others have mentioned I saw a few things that need work but he puts the ball on the money which UND has struggled with the past several seasons. My biggest disappointment is in a couple of upper classman WR that have never been consistent catching the ball but still being put on the field in front of some young talented guys that haven't really had a look. I know what they can do, now it's time to move on to see if another guy is better.

From what I've heard, Seth Nichols could have a big impact this year as a receiving threat at TE, and he was held out last night with an injury of some sort. Hopefully he can be back by the Idaho game, which could really help the passing game. If you put Hardin, McGill, Townsend and Nichols out there, that's four pretty good weapons for Bradley to throw to.

And on the defensive side we will be without Mackey and Bennett for the additional game against Idaho and they should be back after their two-game suspensions.

I'm still wondering why we still use the old baggy jersey design. Uniforms are some of the least of my worries but there are high school teams that have better and higher quality uniforms than we do. Just looking at Hardin swimming in his uniform looks kinda bush league if you ask me.

In the words of the great Deion Sanders. "You gotta look good. Look good, play good. Play good, pay good. Pay good, live good. Live good, you gonna eat good. Die good."

Just ask Miami, USC, and SMU this. :lol:

I think Bradley looks very promising, like others have mentioned I saw a few things that need work but he puts the ball on the money which UND has struggled with the past several seasons. My biggest disappointment is in a couple of upper classman WR that have never been consistent catching the ball but still being put on the field in front of some young talented guys that haven't really had a look. I know what they can do, now it's time to move on to see if another guy is better.

I agree, hope Bradley stays healthy. Also agree about upper class WR's that appear to have hands of stone. For xxxxx's sake this is now D1 FB. If you cannot catch a pass when you are wide open then you do not belong on the field and maybe the team. Comment earlier about the FSSN broadcasters, did not realize it until I read it. Sweeney is like taking a sleeping pill. Could not figure out why I kept nodding off. Also, when are they going to get some HD cameras in GF? Watching this stuff on an HD TV is like watching the sun come up in a fog. Overall I was ok with the team play. Boring conservative offense, but maybe a new QB and system dictates that in the first game. I predicted a 14-17 pt margin, but certainly expected the Sioux to score at least 3 TD's. Defense is good, maybe above average for FCS, but the Offense needs to score 21 or more per game at this level. Will miss the next 3 games due to OUS travel. Go Sioux! Hope you are 4-0 when I return.