SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Everyone knows why there's no scheduling.

UND won't schedule unless it's every year, NDSU won't schedule every year.

I wouldn't mind it every year, even though we'd be losing the home game that would fill and bring the athletic deparment a good chunk of money every other year.

The last contract that Faison was long to send to Gene Taylor wa for every other year...just like Taylor asked for all along.

The ramifications of moving up more than football? Our athletics are better now than they were then. Good football, solid men's bball, baseball appears to be pretty good, volleyball has been good in D-I, wrestling is good, track is pretty good, etc.

But you are right, staying behind just to play against UND sounds like a better gig.

Buyouts happen. It has happened to UND before no?

You mean your football team is better now than it was since 1990. Your men's basketball team won 1 conference title and that was what 4 years ago, your women's basketball team sucks I don't know about the othe minor sports like baseball or volleyball. And yes UND has had two teams backout in 2009 it was Idaho State (game never got replaced) and last year Central Arkansas backed out ( replaced by Portland State).

You mean your football team is better now than it was since 1990. Your men's basketball team won 1 conference title and that was what 4 years ago, your women's basketball team sucks I don't know about the othe minor sports like baseball or volleyball. And yes UND has had two teams backout in 2009 it was Idaho State (game never got replaced) and last year Central Arkansas backed out ( replaced by Portland State).

You are really to compare your athletic sports to NDSU? Wow - which sport are you proud of? I won't bother to list all the sports that have made the big tournaments and their successes (soccer, SB, MBB, Track, FB, VB are a few. Which sport do you have that's going to any NCAA tournament this year or the near future?

You are really to compare your athletic sports to NDSU? Wow - which sport are you proud of? I won't bother to list all the sports that have made the big tournaments and their successes (soccer, SB, MBB, Track, FB, VB are a few. Which sport do you have that's going to any NCAA tournament this year or the near future?

Who is comparing UND to NDSU? He said NDSU sports are better now then they were in DII. Are they? How many championships have been won in sports other than football? How many tournament appearances?

Both the volleyball team and the men's basketball team will have legitimate chances at winning the Big Sky next year and the women's hockey team will make the NCAA tournament this year and have a chance to host a first round game.

All UND fans need is patience. The game will likely not re-start without an act from the legislature. This is probably 5 years from happening. NDSU is going to end up shelling out $400K to replace the Western Carolina game and then Bresciani is going to piss and moan to the legislature about needing additional funding for the sewer of a university he runs. Even Bison fans like those on this website should understand that the optics of that are terrible, but perhaps I've once again overestimated their intelligence.

• Upvote 1

All UND fans need is patience. The game will likely not re-start without an act from the legislature. This is probably 5 years from happening. NDSU is going to end up shelling out $400K to replace the Western Carolina game and then Bresciani is going to piss and moan to the legislature about needing additional funding for the sewer of a university he runs. Even Bison fans like those on this website should understand that the optics of that are terrible, but perhaps I've once again overestimated their intelligence.

You realize no state money is used to pay scheduling guarantees to opponents at neither UND nor the ac, right? I don't mind tarnishing the ac, but you're pandering to the lowest, uninformed, common denominator here.

You realize no state money is used to pay scheduling guarantees to opponents at neither UND nor the ac, right? I don't mind tarnishing the ac, but you're pandering to the lowest, uninformed, common denominator here.

Yes, but your Average Joe on the street and in the ND legislature doesn't know that. All they'll see is NDSU shelling out $400K for an opponent and then Bresciani crying about funding in a different section of the newspaper. Your assuming that the ND populace is as informed as the people on this board when circumstances have proven that the vast majority are not.

Yes, but your Average Joe on the street and in the ND legislature doesn't know that. All they'll see is NDSU shelling out $400K for an opponent and then Bresciani crying about funding in a different section of the newspaper. Your assuming that the ND populace is as informed as the people on this board when circumstances have proven that the vast majority are not.

This. And while state money isn't used directly, the athletic departments are subsidized in some shape or form.

Football team is excellent. NDSU won basketball conference titles only 3 times in the 70's, 80's and 90's. They were never anything special. Been to the dance once, this year's team might be good enough to do it again. That would be two conference titles in five seasons(knock on wood). Our women's basketball is horrid right now.

Was that poor scheduling by UND that those teams backed out on them? No. It happens. Teams flake. Bad luck.

Do you honestly think moving to D-I was bad for NDSU or UND?

This thread is turning into a bigger train wreck than the FCS playoff one was. I'm not even sure why anyone even cares if we play any more and maybe everyone should just ignore it. Really, it's just the same old BS thrown back and forth. The Bison say we stopped playing them, and we say the Bison won't start playing us again. It's just time to look at what can be done in the Sky.

Football team is excellent. NDSU won basketball conference titles only 3 times in the 70's, 80's and 90's. They were never anything special. Been to the dance once, this year's team might be good enough to do it again. That would be two conference titles in five seasons(knock on wood). Our women's basketball is horrid right now.

Was that poor scheduling by UND that those teams backed out on them? No. It happens. Teams flake. Bad luck.

Do you honestly think moving to D-I was bad for NDSU or UND?

Yes backouts suck everyone will agree to that. Was DI a bad move for NDSU or UND? It wasn't for UND since fans wanted to move with the SU's in 04. As for NDSU is hasn't affected them so I guess both are happy in DI. But let's say things would be different is RT and Kuppy weren't in charge in 04...that's why I don't get the grudge by GT. He is the only one on both sides that was there in 2004 and yet here we are today still without an instate rival game.

Yeah right, Lucia is chicken of playing UND, a team he has beaten 5 out of the last 7 times they have played :silly:

Ask Paul Allen if he thinks Lucia is scared of UND. That nickname excuse of Lucia doesn't hold water since UND was able to schedule Wisconsin. But that's for another thread.

Yes backouts suck everyone will agree to that. Was DI a bad move for NDSU or UND? It wasn't for UND since fans wanted to move with the SU's in 04. As for NDSU is hasn't affected them so I guess both are happy in DI. But let's say things would be different is RT and Kuppy weren't in charge in 04...that's why I don't get the grudge by GT. He is the only one on both sides that was there in 2004 and yet here we are today still without an instate rival game.

RT and Kuppy screwed the pooch for UND.

• Upvote 2