SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

I don't believe that the Bison were favored over the Gophers in '07. As bad as the Gophers were that year, I and many others here correctly predicted that game as being a loss for the Gophers but I do not believe that the oddsmakers in Vegas saw it like that. I think that technically speaking it was considered an upset, just like any other time a D1 team loses to a I-AA opponent. The oddsmakers respect I-AA about as much as NDSU fans respect NAIA. Please find me a link showing a I-AA team being favored over a D1 team EVER. If I am proven wrong on this, so be it. I'll admit that I was wrong, drop it, and move on. But I do not for one minute believe that NDSU being favored over Minnesota is at all realistic. Even if NDSU was among the upper echelon of I-AA, which they are not, they have no business being favored on the road vs. a Big Ten opponent. That doesn't mean they don't have a chance to win, as the better team does not always win and that is why they play the games.

Any serious unbiased fan of football can clearly see that NDSU is an upper echelon team in FCS and has been. This though has nothing to do with UND football, why should it

Although I have no desire to see UND and NDSU play, as long as North Dakota is looking improved finally I may as well bring up the following ;) ....................

On the Jack Michaels Show today on 740 The Fan, Jack asked Scott Miller what the key would be to defeating this year's NDSU team. Miller said taking away the Bison running game would put NDSU in jeopardy.

Something to chew on: UND is currently ranked 3rd in FCS rush defense.............................. :whistling:

Although I have no desire to see UND and NDSU play, as long as North Dakota is looking improved finally I may as well bring up the following ;) ....................

On the Jack Michaels Show today on 740 The Fan, Jack asked Scott Miller what the key would be to defeating this year's NDSU team. Miller said taking away the Bison running game would put NDSU in jeopardy.

Something to chew on: UND is currently ranked 3rd in FCS rush defense.............................. :whistling:

Something to chew on: Illinois St. was 4th, NDSU still was up by 10 when the clock hit zeros. Last year NDSU couldn't throw....at all, it was kinda embarassing. This year, the passing game has looked pretty good. :)

I haven't been able to watch the Miller show, but I've been to all 4 Bison games. I agree with Scott Miller's assessment there. The Bison didn't run the ball well and a pick 6 and a TD in the endzone by Marcus Williams saved their bacon. I am nervous as you know what about them beating Southern Illinois and Mr. Lennon this weekend.

• 4 months later...

Because it makes both school's a decent payday.

It doesn't make NDSU anymore money than a different home game does. In fact, playing it annually would lose NDSU a pretty penny of money. Losing a home game every other year....yuck.

It doesn't make NDSU anymore money than a different home game does. In fact, playing it annually would lose NDSU a pretty penny of money. Losing a home game every other year....yuck.

Someday NDSU will figure out dynamic pricing for single game tickets. It won't replace all the lost income, but it would make up for a chunk of it.

Someday NDSU will figure out dynamic pricing for single game tickets. It won't replace all the lost income, but it would make up for a chunk of it.

A chunk of it isn't enough. And honestly, it helps UND a lot more than NDSU. NDSU packs the dome. UND has trouble making the Alerus into a real football atmosphere right now. Getting NDSU into the Alerus would make it into a real football atmosphere and probably create a lot more excitement around a very stagnant program. If UND wants to play more than every other year, it will have to be in the playoffs.

Play the game. Do it every other year, in Fargo and Grand Forks. Both schools will benifit from it as they will have a scheduled non conference game every other year. Both schools will make money from hosting the game as it will be the biggest regular season game of the year. But more importantly it will benifit the fans of these two schools. The majority of fans on both sides want to see this game played and want to continue what was one of the longest college football rivalries in history!!

• Upvote 1

Yep, losing a home game every other year to UND would suck for you. UND has had very good success in the fargodome so I understand you concern about playing UND.

Do most UND fans not realize that every game is sold out or nearly sold out at the FargoDome?

There is little to be gained financially for NDSU to play UND, wanting the game to be played for other reasons is just fine, but don't continue to use the financial gain argument it doesn't hold water.

Do most UND fans not realize that every game is sold out or nearly sold out at the FargoDome?

There is little to be gained financially for NDSU to play UND, wanting the game to be played for other reasons is just fine, but don't continue to use the financial gain argument it doesn't hold water.

Do not tell me that NDSU did not benifit financially from UND games at the Fargodome in the past. Look at the top 10 most attended games at the Fargodome. Pretty sure that at least half are for the UND games.

If Gene would figure out how to charge more for a premium game it would be very good financially. He could easily charge $15-25 more per ticket for that game.

Doesn't restaurants and stores benefit more if UND was in town than say Wagner? People drive down, spend money in Fargo not just at the dome but throughout the city eat at places that is not in Grand Forks and pump more money into Fargo's ecomomy not to mention the extra sales tax money to help for flood protection. UND did pretty good in attendance at the Alerus before the transition and its not only NDSU playing them they did good against St. Cloud State, Augustana...they had over 10,000 against A&M-Kingsville. UND-NDSU was the biggest game everyone talked about before NDSU jumped ship to the GWFC. Now things are starting to return to normal with record setting games in volleyball, basketball (NDSU's new attendance record now is against UND), and soon football. IMO as long as Gene Taylor is the AD....that game will never be scheduled unless its the playoffs.

Do not tell me that NDSU did not benifit financially from UND games at the Fargodome in the past. Look at the top 10 most attended games at the Fargodome. Pretty sure that at least half are for the UND games.

So? The few hundred more fans for that game vs losing a home game every other year. Not hard to figure out. Best thing RT ever did was to stop playing NDSU is all sports. Made us stronger through our transition.

So? The few hundred more fans for that game vs losing a home game every other year. Not hard to figure out. Best thing RT ever did was to stop playing NDSU is all sports. Made us stronger through our transition.

And you became the laughing stock of the FCS after your strong transition for your cupcake OOC teams you replaced UND with.

Doesn't restaurants and stores benefit more if UND was in town than say Wagner? People drive down, spend money in Fargo not just at the dome but throughout the city eat at places that is not in Grand Forks and pump more money into Fargo's ecomomy not to mention the extra sales tax money to help for flood protection. UND did pretty good in attendance at the Alerus before the transition and its not only NDSU playing them they did good against St. Cloud State, Augustana...they had over 10,000 against A&M-Kingsville. UND-NDSU was the biggest game everyone talked about before NDSU jumped ship to the GWFC. Now things are starting to return to normal with record setting games in volleyball, basketball (NDSU's new attendance record now is against UND), and soon football. IMO as long as Gene Taylor is the AD....that game will never be scheduled unless its the playoffs.

Did or didn't Gene give Faison a every other year contract 2 years ago. Remember? Both him and Muss said every year or nothing. You know the rest of the story. Why do you guys care you have the BSC now. (Maybe)

And you became the laughing stock of the FCS after your strong transition for your cupcake OOC teams you replaced UND with.

Now you're just being stupid.....

Has NDSU been able to find a non-conference opponent for next year's schedule yet? I'm guessing NDSU will be paying some big money to have a "cupcake" come in last minute or they can go on the road for a payday at OU or FSU. NDSU and Fargo would make more money off a UND game then they would some "Cupcake" team. As others have said, charge $15-$25 more for that game. Sure some people are going to be upset but that's too bad...it's the law of supply and demand. And I would have to say that pretty much every other University in the country has figured this out and does it for there "big games/rivals."

Now you're just being stupid.....

Sorry UND is worse than: Austin Peay, Central Conn State, Wagner, Morgan State, Lafayette, and St. Francis? Those are your home games since being playoff eligible. I left out South Dakota since they are a former NCC team. 4 years of OOC cupcakes got you a NC. Hey whatever works...right?