SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

The so-called "better team" was not even worthy of being selected to the playoff field. They went into their last regular season game needing a win and laid an egg, yet the committee still found a way to put them in. To their credit, they actually won a couple of games once they got in but the fact remains that based on their regular season performance they did not deserve a playoff berth. Another team that was more deserving got screwed over. I honestly don't remember now who they were, but that is beside the point. The Bison just aren't that good, and they haven't been since 1990. Obviously they aren't terrible, but to suggest that they're better than the team that went on to win the national championship is a reach.

i agree we did not look like a playoff team when we lost to missouri state. but our performance in the playoffs throws that out the window. the kansas win got us into the playoffs. ndsu deserved to get in. i will admit we got A LOT of help with teamslike richmond and a few others losing

i agree we did not look like a playoff team when we lost to missouri state. but our performance in the playoffs throws that out the window. the kansas win got us into the playoffs. ndsu deserved to get in. i will admit we got A LOT of help with teamslike richmond and a few others losing

Let's hope Vigen has his s#it together this year......

Back to the original topic of this thread........No annual Bison/Sioux game without being in the same conference. The NDSU fans don't want it. We want OOC games at home, with teams that give the team exposure to some unique competition each year. At times you wind up scheduling some patsy teams (like this year when others reneg on contracts) but the fans like the home games and the tailgate. The Bison fans also want to see one OOC date always played against a BCS opponent. Those games are damn fun......especially when you win. Given that, there is no way there could be an annual Bison/Sioux game. It just is not going to happen. Perhaps in the distant future there will be one here and there, but not an annual game.

Most of the whining for an annual match is currently coming from UND fans. I would expect that to die down once you are in Big Sky competition and you have a schedule that does't have NAIA and D2 teams in it. At that point almost no one on either side will want to play every year.

And......for those of you that don't think the UNI thing is a nasty rivalry........go to UNI for a Bison UNI game. There is a very high "prick ratio" among their fan base. They are hostile. Now they are envious of how NDSU went much further than they in the playoffs last year. Add that on top of the fact that NDSU took their Defensive Coordinator who is now our Dback coach.......it is pretty ugly. It will be a very hard hitting and nasty game. As for SDSU.......it is fun to beat them, but not the nastiness that is present with UNI. It all kind of surprised me because a few years ago, I would have never guessed the UNI thing would turn into a nasty rivalry.

Let's hope Vigen has his s#it together this year......

Back to the original topic of this thread........No annual Bison/Sioux game without being in the same conference. The NDSU fans don't want it. We want OOC games at home, with teams that give the team exposure to some unique competition each year. At times you wind up scheduling some patsy teams (like this year when others reneg on contracts) but the fans like the home games and the tailgate. The Bison fans also want to see one OOC date always played against a BCS opponent. Those games are damn fun......especially when you win. Given that, there is no way there could be an annual Bison/Sioux game. It just is not going to happen. Perhaps in the distant future there will be one here and there, but not an annual game.

Most of the whining for an annual match is currently coming from UND fans. I would expect that to die down once you are in Big Sky competition and you have a schedule that does't have NAIA and D2 teams in it. At that point almost no one on either side will want to play every year.

And......for those of you that don't think the UNI thing is a nasty rivalry........go to UNI for a Bison UNI game. There is a very high "prick ratio" among their fan base. They are hostile. Now they are envious of how NDSU went much further than they in the playoffs last year. Add that on top of the fact that NDSU took their Defensive Coordinator who is now our Dback coach.......it is pretty ugly. It will be a very hard hitting and nasty game. As for SDSU.......it is fun to beat them, but not the nastiness that is present with UNI. It all kind of surprised me because a few years ago, I would have never guessed the UNI thing would turn into a nasty rivalry.

NDSU since moving to the MVFC have always scheduled patsys:

2008 vs Austin Peay, vs Cent. Conn. St.

2009 @ Sam Houston St (not a patsy but then again not at home!) vs Wagner

2010 vs Morgan St, vs South Dakota (regional team)

2011 vs Lafayette, vs St. Francis

So until now the only home game that I would not consider a patsy is South Dakota because they used to be in the same conference. Some fans I talk to are sick of the Wagner's and the St. Francis' at the dome and want some "real" teams to play. But GT I think is scared to play UND because he saw the result at the end of the NCC days and he just saw his VB team get waxed in GF and I don't think he could afford his FB to go through the same embarrassment. I know teams back out of deals but it happens. After our first FCS win at Idaho State they backed out of a return game so UND could only schedule Brittney Spears, NDSU has had only 1 game to my knowledge of a backout since 2008. There are some who like cupcakes to get to that magic number of 7 for playoffs, but if you prefer Wagner over UND...go for it.

NDSU since moving to the MVFC have always scheduled patsys:

2008 vs Austin Peay, vs Cent. Conn. St.

2009 @ Sam Houston St (not a patsy but then again not at home!) vs Wagner

2010 vs Morgan St, vs South Dakota (regional team)

2011 vs Lafayette, vs St. Francis

So until now the only home game that I would not consider a patsy is South Dakota because they used to be in the same conference. Some fans I talk to are sick of the Wagner's and the St. Francis' at the dome and want some "real" teams to play. But GT I think is scared to play UND because he saw the result at the end of the NCC days and he just saw his VB team get waxed in GF and I don't think he could afford his FB to go through the same embarrassment. I know teams back out of deals but it happens. After our first FCS win at Idaho State they backed out of a return game so UND could only schedule Brittney Spears, NDSU has had only 1 game to my knowledge of a backout since 2008. There are some who like cupcakes to get to that magic number of 7 for playoffs, but if you prefer Wagner over UND...go for it.

So you would call UND a powerhouse during their transition? Fact is your AD has had contracts for games and he's decided not to.

So you would call UND a powerhouse during their transition? Fact is your AD has had contracts for games and he's decided not to.

I am sure we could have given your 3-8 team of '09 a tough game. But thats right you guys only want home games. Thats why you guys will never win a national title...you have to play OUTSIDE the Fargodome. 0-2 at the Alerus is a not impressive! Please state the reference to this "fact"? And don't give me a link to Bisonville.

Admit to being too lazy to find the proper thread to post this. Had to chuckle at this post on championshipsubdivision.com about JBB's incessant rambling about the Dakota Big 3. :D

You might even want to note that the thread has nothing to do with the Bison, but JBB has brought the Dakota Big 3 into the discussion once again, and this is a response from a Northern Iowa fan.

*Does not include the prestigious University of North Dakota, who have an illustrious history of beating the **** out of the Dakota 3. Only "real wins" matter to this great school. The "moral victories" are for the Dakota Big 3 to celebrate.

#1 EWU @ USD Discussion & Game Thread

7563931.jpg?843

Admit to being too lazy to find the proper thread to post this. Had to chuckle at this post on championshipsubdivision.com about JBB's incessant rambling about the Dakota Big 3. :D

You might even want to note that the thread has nothing to do with the Bison, but JBB has brought the Dakota Big 3 into the discussion once again, and this is a response from a Northern Iowa fan.

#1 EWU @ USD Discussion & Game Thread

7563931.jpg?843

That guy gets reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate listening this Big 3 crap by JBB.

Does anyone else get a stomach ache having to read paragraph after paragraph about ndsu on a Fighting Sioux fan board. Please, we really aren't interested in details, history, chest puffing about your team, we have moved on. We are also tired of the many predictions of doom su zealots love to share - NCAA death penalty, getting kicked out of the Big Sky, etc. This is a UND FIghting Sioux Fan Board and this thread was not intended to give a platform for trying to convince us how much better/smarter/larger/younameit ndsu is than UND.

• Upvote 1

That guy gets reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate listening this Big 3 crap by JBB.

He wants you to get angry. Don't let him.

The people on the CS board know who he and what he is and deal with him on a daily basis. They debunk 99% of his posts.

Don't bother getting angry. Just let him sit around in his bison yellow underwear posting his "big 3" tripe. Hopefully FedEx will be there on time today with his meds.

He wants you to get angry. Don't let him.

The people on the CS board know who he and what he is and deal with him on a daily basis. They debunk 99% of his posts.

Don't bother getting angry. Just let him sit around in his bison yellow underwear posting his "big 3" tripe. Hopefully FedEx will be there on time today with his meds.

I don't get angry. I already went into a bitching match with him on AGS long ago. Its funny how Lakes thinks that JBB is a Sioux fan. :lol:

RIght now its a Dakota 3. UND is CURRENTLY the worst of the bunch but in time that can easily change. As for the gentleman who said that NDSU won't win a title because we schedule OOC at home, I'm not following your logic whatsoever.

RIght now its a Dakota 3. UND is CURRENTLY the worst of the bunch but in time that can easily change. As for the gentleman who said that NDSU won't win a title because we schedule OOC at home, I'm not following your logic whatsoever.

I am making a reference to playing all your OOC games at home, and Bison Dan said it himself that Bison fans want all the OOC games at home, well if you want a national title...go on the road because the national title game will NOT be played in Fargo. What makes the criteria for this Dakota 3? FBS wins well that leaves SDSU out too, playoff wins, well that is only NDSU, total wins well both UND and USD have 15. So how is UND the worst since we lost only 1 game more than USD?

I am making a reference to playing all your OOC games at home, and Bison Dan said it himself that Bison fans want all the OOC games at home, well if you want a national title...go on the road because the national title game will NOT be played in Fargo. What makes the criteria for this Dakota 3? FBS wins well that leaves SDSU out too, playoff wins, well that is only NDSU, total wins well both UND and USD have 15. So how is UND the worst since we lost only 1 game more than USD?

It might not be in Fargo, but the road to it has led through Fargo many times and homefully many more. SDSU shut UND out last season? Yes. USD beat UND, Yes. NDSU beat each of those teams by multiple touchdowns. So as of last year, UND would have been easily considered the worst team in the Dakotas. Is it normally that way? No. Normally UND is pretty solid along with NDSU and SDSU and USD usually lags behind but right now, UND is the worst currently. It happens, I'm sure there has been years when NDSU has been the worst of the four too. Nothing to be TOO ashamed about...

To win a national title, you need 7 DI wins to get into the playoffs. You also want to test yourself which can be easily accomplished by playing FBS teams (also OOC games, right) and playing in a strong conference. Home games pay the bills and support the athletic department, certainly thats not hard to understand. What are you complaining about again, most of this stuff is just facts. If ndsu played its 3 OOC games all at home, all against weaker teams (ala Montana for years), then I would be upset . . . but that's not the case. NDSU's OOC games were scheduled as MN(road), Georgia Southern and Lafayette, until GS backed out and handed over some money. Do you have a problem with MN, GS, and Lafayette?

As for the four DI football teams from the dakotas . . . come on darell, just look at the product on the field. I've seen them all play, and you are not being very objective. Your squad easily has the most work to do coming out of your transition.. Not a dig, just an objective evaluation, however these things can change from year to year. One game or bad losses (everyone has had them) is not part of this evaluation. Maybe this will be the turn around year for your squad, maybe that starts tomorrow. Time for you to be objective.

NDSU faces plenty of tough conference competition on the road. The OOC schedule is a revenue generator as well as giving the fans more games at home. Whether or not NDSU plays OOC games on the road really has nothing to do with post season success.

The Sioux would have KILLED the Bison had they played in '09. That '09 Bison team was an absolute joke (but in all fairness so was last year's Sioux team).

:\ you sure about that? Pat Paschall, nation's leading rusher. UND may have been able to beat NDSU, maybe. But you think they'd KILL the Bison? Don't you got a few pizza's to deliver Dave?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pat Paschall may have racked up a bunch of rushing yards, but the fact of the matter is that they were 3-8 (same as last year's Sioux team). They sucked big time.

...and what's this obsession with Bison fans thinking that I deliver pizzas? For the thousandth time, I do screen printing for a living but so what if I did deliver pizzas. What somebody does for a living has zero impact on the relevance of their opinion on sports. I don't know if Bison fans think they're going to make me angry with this constant accusation or if not what their motivation is. The truth is it does not make me angry. It only amuses me and in the process they're making themselves come off as elitist snobs. :lol:

I respect someone who delivers my food. If only we can get burger joints to do the same. But remember about the 3-8 Bison they had close wins, and they should have won but...excuses. If UND would have won we would have heard we should have won but blah blah blah. That is what I heard on AGS and BVille all '09 season long.

• Upvote 1

LOL....Let's just agree that last years Sioux team and the 3-8 Bison team were nothing that any fan was very thrilled with......

Here here!! And if history proves anything both teams will rebound nicely. NDSU did last year with a playoff run, and if UND can get past the FBS teams with even 1 win or close to it this team will show promise.

Pat Paschall may have racked up a bunch of rushing yards, but the fact of the matter is that they were 3-8 (same as last year's Sioux team). They sucked big time.

...and what's this obsession with Bison fans thinking that I deliver pizzas? For the thousandth time, I do screen printing for a living but so what if I did deliver pizzas. What somebody does for a living has zero impact on the relevance of their opinion on sports. I don't know if Bison fans think they're going to make me angry with this constant accusation or if not what their motivation is. The truth is it does not make me angry. It only amuses me and in the process they're making themselves come off as elitist snobs. :lol:

3-8 in the Valley vs. 3-8 in the Great West are two different animals. UND fans make themselves come off as elitist everytime they claim to be the "flagship." Both teams were bad, the '09 Bison and the '10 UND squad were both awful like WYO said.

sorry i already gave a + today so couldn't + rep you to offset the 2 bison rubes who neg'd you.