SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Count me as one who thinks that NDSU's scheduling model is the way to go.........................it is a very beneficial model when it comes to playoff selection time.............

Unfortunately, North Dakota won't be able to adopt the same model, because only 8,500 or at most 10,000 show up to our home games. Because of that, we can only afford Black Hills St. or South Dakota Mines for home games.....................unless we start filling the Alerus for every game, get used to seeing a DII or lower team show up on future schedules.

Count me as one who thinks that NDSU's scheduling model is the way to go.........................it is a very beneficial model when it comes to playoff selection time.............

Unfortunately, North Dakota won't be able to adopt the same model, because only 8,500 or at most 10,000 show up to our home games. Because of that, we can only afford Black Hills St. or South Dakota Mines for home games.....................unless we start filling the Alerus for every game, get used to seeing a DII or lower team show up on future schedules.

Trust me when we see the likes of Montana or Eastern Washington or SDSU start rollin into the Alerus....Attendance will skyrocket!! It will be like 2001 all over again.

Does anyone else get a stomach ache having to read paragraph after paragraph about ndsu on a Fighting Sioux fan board. Please, we really aren't interested in details, history, chest puffing about your team, we have moved on. We are also tired of the many predictions of doom su zealots love to share - NCAA death penalty, getting kicked out of the Big Sky, etc. This is a UND FIghting Sioux Fan Board and this thread was not intended to give a platform for trying to convince us how much better/smarter/larger/younameit ndsu is than UND.

So what you are saying is: cannot try to have a conversation regarding WHAT SHOULD BE the biggest sporting event in the state every year.

Gotta love the Internet. Where you can go to whatever site you please. I personally am a bison and gopher fan. Do I dislike und? Oh hell yeah! Doesn't mean I don't repect their athletic programs. A person is able to go to opposing message boards and athletic events simply by using a little common sense or logic....kinda nice to come visit where it's not daisies popping up and sunshine everyday with little kids whistling and playing in the flowery fields. However if you don't think your fan base is like that (smug...arrogant...etc)....well then YOU ARE that percentage of that fan base. We are all the same, folks. Just root for different teams.

Whenever the Sioux and Bison meet the playoffs down the road, it will be the biggest athletic event in the history of ND. Carry on, on hope UND represents North Dakota well today.

Trust me when we see the likes of Montana or Eastern Washington or SDSU start rollin into the Alerus....Attendance will skyrocket!! It will be like 2001 all over again.

The beauty of these conferences is that no matter who your conference opponent is, you literally have no idea how the game will turn out. Unlike the old ncc where a majority of the outcomes were decided prior to the game...it truly is any given Saturday. I just wish that und and ndsu had gone together and were in the same conference today.

The beauty of these conferences is that no matter who your conference opponent is, you literally have no idea how the game will turn out. Unlike the old ncc where a majority of the outcomes were decided prior to the game...it truly is any given Saturday. I just wish that und and ndsu had gone together and were in the same conference today.

If SDSU didn't tell the MVFC that SDSU-NDSU was a packaged deal NDSU may still be in the GWFC looking for a conference.

Agree 110%. Unless we're making historical references to the old NCC days there is no reason why any Sioux fan should talk about NDSU at all. They are in no way relevant to UND in the here and now. They're in a different conference and we don't play them head to head, so why give them the attention that they seem to crave from us?

It is interesting that at every Bison game you hear "Sioux suck" with their cheers, and you see people sell the t-shirts like this family in the story. I can't remember that last time that I was at a Sioux football game and heard anything about the Bison....heck, they didn't even announce the scores of Bison games at the games I was at after NDSU made the jump. This could mean A) NDSU really is more pissed off at UND in this rivalry than UND is at NDSU....B) Hockey has become the only sport of relevance at UND during this transition (This might be my pick, but with the volleyball crowd the other night, maybe not)....C) UND doesn't really see NDSU as a football rival anymore if the schools can't agree to get the game up and going again.

I finished a work training program a while back that was taught by an NDSU grad. The entire time when it wasn't about the training it was....shot at UND football.....shot at UND football.....shot at UND football......between shots at football it was all about how the rink was built by a Jew hating Nazi's blood money. At the end of the session when all was said and done he remarked how surprised he was that I didn't say anything back. I told him how, "How can I be upset?" You are more infatuated with UND than I am..... :lol:

• Upvote 1

I believe that all of this is a direct result of who won the last Nickel Trophy game. If NDSU had won that game back in 2003 I would chomping at the bit to see the rivalry renewed, but because the Nickel is in its proper place I could really care less if they ever play again. I suspect that Bison fans would be a lot less resentful if they had the Nickel in their possession.

I dunno....I kind of liked it when it was stolen by certain students from both sides every year. A couple of guys from my dad's old frat stole it from NDSU the last time the Bison beat the Sioux in football. It was fun to take some pictures with the nickel, but at the same time it was great to know that NDSU had won the trophy and some UND students had taken it back. Probably goes the same way for the NDSU fans out there.

The fact that the Nickel is on total lockdown.....meh.....just keeps making the memory of Sioux-Bison football go away.......

It is interesting that at every Bison game you hear "Sioux suck" with their cheers, and you see people sell the t-shirts like this family in the story. I can't remember that last time that I was at a Sioux football game and heard anything about the Bison....heck, they didn't even announce the scores of Bison games at the games I was at after NDSU made the jump. This could mean A) NDSU really is more pissed off at UND in this rivalry than UND is at NDSU....B) Hockey has become the only sport of relevance at UND during this transition (This might be my pick, but with the volleyball crowd the other night, maybe not)....C) UND doesn't really see NDSU as a football rival anymore if the schools can't agree to get the game up and going again.

I finished a work training program a while back that was taught by an NDSU grad. The entire time when it wasn't about the training it was....shot at UND football.....shot at UND football.....shot at UND football......between shots at football it was all about how the rink was built by a Jew hating Nazi's blood money. At the end of the session when all was said and done he remarked how surprised he was that I didn't say anything back. I told him how, "How can I be upset?" You are more infatuated with UND than I am..... :lol:

You sure it wasn't taught by lakesbison?

You sure it wasn't taught by lakesbison?

You hear that so much from NDSU fans it gets to the point where it doesn't even make me blink anymore. So much inaccurate information is spread about Ralph Engelstad it makes me sick. Well....it almost makes me laugh.....No...Ralph didn't build the rink with blood money.....No...Ralph didn't fight in WW.I.I. for the Nazis......No...Ralph wasn't a close personal friend of one Adolf Hitler....unless Hitler made a point of buddying up with young Minnesota hockey players.....

I'm not an apologist for some of the decisions he made, because some of them were definitely unacceptable, but at the same time the man did do some good in his life, and a lot of youth athletes are benefited from him sharing his personally grown fortune.

As a matter of fact, I DO have pizzas to deliver. I have to go pick them up at Little Caesers and bring them back to the house in time for the Michigan/Notre Dame game tonight. :lol:

PS - Only 15 posts and already a -20 rating. Quite the impressive feat there, 4mcrue!!! ;)

Hey, atleast I dare to venture over to the dark side now and then, unlike you. I also gave you guys some props today, you had an excellent first half of football. You need to come out and do 4 quarters like that imo and there won't be fire muss threads.

If by "venture over to the dark side" you mean go to a rival team's message board and make derogatory comments about that team and their fans... well, that is nothing to pat yourself on the back for. Your conduct here only makes your fanbase look bad. I have nothing nice to say about the Bison, therefore I don't go to any Bison message boards. I used to but stopped about five years ago when I realized how wrong it was. I'm better than that.

Go ahead and post on Bisonville, doesn't bother me. I actually had nothing bad to say about your football team today actually, so not sure why you are always so weird.

I believe that all of this is a direct result of who won the last Nickel Trophy game. If NDSU had won that game back in 2003 I would chomping at the bit to see the rivalry renewed, but because the Nickel is in its proper place I could really care less if they ever play again. I suspect that Bison fans would be a lot less resentful if they had the Nickel in their possession.

8>1 While I would love to have the Nickel, I am more than happy to polish off National Championship trophies, keeping one clean can be tough, but keeping 8 looking good is just a nuisance, I suppose UND doesn't know what 8 championships feels like......unless you combine sports ;)

I'm dicking around, as a hardcore Bison fan and a student with friends at both schools, NDSU has taken losing the rivalry a bit more hard cause UND had a chance to stay with us, go D1, and have a great time in what is a top 3 FCS conference ( better than Big Sky, USD beat EWU tonight), but UND chose not to, if it was the other way around, I'm guessing it would be a similar situation. I really loved the rivalry, even though during my lifetime UND won more, they were generally really good games if you go back and watch them. I wish they were in the same conference so both sides would HAVE to play one another. Obviously right now there is some bad blood between the Athletic Departments and I don't want an annual game( 6 home games is really nice), but even every 2-4 years would be nice. MVFC is the place to be right now, can only wish UND had been able to see the hindsight that they can now and would have joined when NDSU and SDSU moved up.

• Downvote 2

You just don't get it. I don't avoid posting at Bisonville out of respect for you or the rest of the Bison fanbase, I avoid posting there out of respect for myself and my fellow Sioux fans. Since I have nothing nice to say about NDSU, I don't want to make the UND fanbase look bad by spewing hatred on Bisonville. I'm better than that.

You constantly make wild assumptions that I deliver pizza (as if that would be a bad thing even it if were true)... and then you have the audacity to say I'm weird. ???

I'm not the one stalking a rival team's message board, and I'm not the one who has issues with pizza delivery drivers. No sir, you are the one who is always so weird.

fellow Whioux fans? I am unaware as to this name you speak of?

8>1 While I would love to have the Nickel, I am more than happy to polish off National Championship trophies, keeping one clean can be tough, but keeping 8 looking good is just a nuisance, I suppose UND doesn't know what 8 championships feels like......unless you combine sports ;)

I'm dicking around, as a hardcore Bison fan and a student with friends at both schools, NDSU has taken losing the rivalry a bit more hard cause UND had a chance to stay with us, go D1, and have a great time in what is a top 3 FCS conference ( better than Big Sky, USD beat EWU tonight), but UND chose not to, if it was the other way around, I'm guessing it would be a similar situation. I really loved the rivalry, even though during my lifetime UND won more, they were generally really good games if you go back and watch them. I wish they were in the same conference so both sides would HAVE to play one another. Obviously right now there is some bad blood between the Athletic Departments and I don't want an annual game( 6 home games is really nice), but even every 2-4 years would be nice. MVFC is the place to be right now, can only wish UND had been able to see the hindsight that they can now and would have joined when NDSU and SDSU moved up.

1) USD is in the GWFC, not the MVFC. Next year you can use that, but not this year.

2) By your definition the Patriot League is better than the MVFC since Lehigh beat the MVFC champion UNI on their field in the first round of the playoffs last year.

3) If you really like the MVFC, you should be happy all four Dakota teams didn't go together. After the Big Sky told NDSU no, their only option was the MVFC. They only wanted one team, and it was SDSU because of location SDSU said it was a package deal only and both teams were accepted. Do you really think that if all four Dakota teams were sitting there that SDSU would have taken NDSU over USD? Or that the MVFC would have taken all four teams? Highly doubtful.

Yes, and the sky is blue. Your point?

The point is that the sky is not blue in your world, more like Kelly Green. To insinuate that playing a NAIA school is equal to playing a 1AA school because they were a better team two years ago. Come on??? You got beat by an NAIA team who's QB even said UND was not the best team they played that year. I also continue to read that Texas Tech is clearly the best team that either school has played because they were ranked #1 in the country (but nobody states that it was the year before and they lost the QB and a WR drafted in the 1st round of the NFL ). TT was nothing more than an average team that year and still won by 25 points.

The point is that you can you can still have a rivalry AND repect the other side and some of the things they've. NDSU made a good move and it has worked out pretty well AND UND will be fine in the near future. You are as bad as some of the Bison fans you rip on.

The point is that the sky is not blue in your world, more like Kelly Green. To insinuate that playing a NAIA school is equal to playing a 1AA school because they were a better team two years ago. Come on??? You got beat by an NAIA team who's QB even said UND was not the best team they played that year. I also continue to read that Texas Tech is clearly the best team that either school has played because they were ranked #1 in the country (but nobody states that it was the year before and they lost the QB and a WR drafted in the 1st round of the NFL ). TT was nothing more than an average team that year and still won by 25 points.

The point is that you can you can still have a rivalry AND repect the other side and some of the things they've. NDSU made a good move and it has worked out pretty well AND UND will be fine in the near future. You are as bad as some of the Bison fans you rip on.

TT was 9-4 and won the Alamo Bowl. Please dont compare any FBS team NDSU has played to them.

fellow Whioux fans? I am unaware as to this name you speak of?

Wait a second....you had to spell SIOUX right to get into this forum.....it all makes sense now..... :lol:

This doesn't upset me, like I said, its amazing how infatuated some NDSU fans are with UND. Some guys get ticked off about it, but the fact that we see so many NDSU posters on SIOUXSPORTS.com is a good thing to me. Even if they come over and talk about our football team's lack of success. They took the time out of there day to care enough about Fighting Sioux Sports.

Wait a second....you had to spell SIOUX right to get into this forum.....it all makes sense now..... :lol:

This doesn't upset me, like I said, its amazing how infatuated some NDSU fans are with UND. Some guys get ticked off about it, but the fact that we see so many NDSU posters on SIOUXSPORTS.com is a good thing to me. Even if they come over and talk about our football team's lack of success. They took the time out of there day to care enough about Fighting Sioux Sports.

NDSU=Jan Brady State University

Love their obsession

Wait a second....you had to spell SIOUX right to get into this forum.....it all makes sense now..... :lol: This doesn't upset me, like I said, its amazing how infatuated some NDSU fans are with UND. Some guys get ticked off about it, but the fact that we see so many NDSU posters on SIOUXSPORTS.com is a good thing to me. Even if they come over and talk about our football team's lack of success. They took the time out of there day to care enough about Fighting Sioux Sports.

Nope, you have to spell the state that the University is in. Idiot. You should really start referring to the team as UND, just so next year you'll still recognize the team who is playing in the Alerus.