SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

TT was 9-4 and won the Alamo Bowl. Please dont compare any FBS team NDSU has played to them.

Minnesota was beating Texas Tech by 31 in the 2nd half before the most epic collapse in bowl history and an overtime loss.. So "Sioux83," I feel as though it'd be fair to compare the football programs on Texas Tech and Minnesota. Maybe you should do your homework sometime. The Texas Tech '06 team was a lot lot better than the 9-4 Insight team. Remember, just cause UND got rocked by a D1 team doesn't mean that D1 team was good.

Minnesota was beating Texas Tech by 31 in the 2nd half before the most epic collapse in bowl history and an overtime loss.. So "Sioux83," I feel as though it'd be fair to compare the football programs on Texas Tech and Minnesota. Maybe you should do your homework sometime. The Texas Tech '06 team was a lot lot better than the 9-4 Insight team. Remember, just cause UND got rocked by a D1 team doesn't mean that D1 team was good.

TT was 8-5 in 06, 11-2 in 08 before UND played them the first game in 09. UND scored 13 points on TT defense Oklahoma scored 13, Nebraska only scored 10. We gave up 38 points 6 FBS teams gave up more so I think we did a good job at TT. NDSU scored 9 points on Minnesota only Temple and Kent State scored less.

TT was 8-5 in 06, 11-2 in 08 before UND played them the first game in 09. UND scored 13 points on TT defense Oklahoma scored 13, Nebraska only scored 10. We gave up 38 points 6 FBS teams gave up more so I think we did a good job at TT. NDSU scored 9 points on Minnesota only Temple and Kent State scored less.

You are satisfied with giving up 38 points? This is everything that is wrong with UND football fans. Yes, NDSU scored 9 points. I would like you to tell me how many teams gave up 10 or less to Minnesota. UND bragging about losing to TT by 25 is really going to make my day really a lot better.

Nope, you have to spell the state that the University is in. Idiot. You should really start referring to the team as UND, just so next year you'll still recognize the team who is playing in the Alerus.

Thank you for your interest in FIGHTING SIOUX ATHLETICS!!!! :lol:

Thank you for taking the time to come to over and join us! Were things just not that interesting at your team's home forum? I'm not dense enough to not call your team the Bison, or start some stupid argument about how the Bison should be forced by PETA to change their name.

You care nothing about the rights of others, etc. with the nickname argument. You are infatuated with hating UND. It didn't matter if the University of North Dakota was the Packers, etc. You would have an issue with it.

You are satisfied with giving up 38 points? This is everything that is wrong with UND football fans. Yes, NDSU scored 9 points. I would like you to tell me how many teams gave up 10 or less to Minnesota. UND bragging about losing to TT by 25 is really going to make my day really a lot better.

Our first FBS team ever played, who was coming off a run for a national title the year before. They were 10-0 before finishing the year 11-2 and here comes North Dakota into their house (sorry its a home for MAC teams), and UND was down 28-13 early in the 4th before giving up 10 points late. Hey 38-13 is better than the 45-0 last year to Idaho and 44-14 last night. This is Texas Tech not a doormat of the Big 12 like Kansas (who finished 5-7 the year before NDSU played them). So yes I was pleased that we stayed within 2 TD's through 3 quarters. Actually Ohio State shut out Minnesota 44-0 to answer your question.

Our first FBS team ever played, who was coming off a run for a national title the year before. They were 10-0 before finishing the year 11-2 and here comes North Dakota into their house (sorry its a home for MAC teams), and UND was down 28-13 early in the 4th before giving up 10 points late. Hey 38-13 is better than the 45-0 last year to Idaho and 44-14 last night. This is Texas Tech not a doormat of the Big 12 like Kansas (who finished 5-7 the year before NDSU played them). So yes I was pleased that we stayed within 2 TD's through 3 quarters. Actually Ohio State shut out Minnesota 44-0 to answer your question.

Hmm...so is that only one game when the Gophers were not able to get at least ten points? Thats all great and what not, but I notice you say they were 11-2 the year before (a hugely embarassing loss to Oklahoma, lost by 40-50 points). They just graduated one of the better spread qb's in the nation and Michael Crabtree left. So a team that even with those two players, was around a top 15 team, lost their best players, and opened up and beat you by 25 points. And you are pleased? Sad,

2006 Minnesota vs. 2009 Texas Tech, I'm going to say that it would probably be a good game.

And I'm sure Oklahoma and Nebraska scored those points against their second and third team defense. Nice comparison though.

And I'm sure Oklahoma and Nebraska scored those points against their second and third team defense. Nice comparison though.

Not when Nebraska was down 24-10 early in the 4th. Actually for Oklahoma 6 out of the 13 was scored in the first half. Sorry...go back to Bisonville and try again.

You could try and argue the severity of UND going into Fresno next week Darrell, but it won't do you any good. Fresno State lead #10 Nebraska in Lincoln going into the second half before Nebraska put the game away with a big fourth quarter. The score was 21-20 entering the fourth.

I'm sure with all the BCS implications and national exposure that Nebraska just played their second team offense and defense against the Bulldogs. At least thats what we'll hear when UND goes out to Fresno California next week.

The best team in NAIA is better than the bottom feeders of I-AA, just as the best I-AA teams are better than the bottom feeders of D1. UND playing Sioux Falls is no different than NDSU playing the likes of Wagner.

Sioux Falls = Wagner

Or St. Francis. St. who?

That wouldn't be a good game, it would be a massacre. 2009 Texas Tech, although not as strong as 2008 Texas Tech, is CLEARLY the strongest D1 team that either UND or NDSU has faced so far to date since moving up to I-AA. 2005 Minnesota vs. 2009 Texas Tech might be a good game, but the Bison didnt play the Gophers in 2005. They played them in 2006 when the wheels were starting to fall off at the end of the Glen Mason era.

Well Dave, I'm not following your logic at all. '09 Texas Tech really wasn't very special. They won against Nebraska. Other than that, looks like they beat no one to brag about other than an Oklahoma team missing Sam Bradford. Texas Tech would probably be the better team, but to say that it'd be a massacre makes no sense. Graham Harrell was gone bud, Michael Crabtree was too.

Texas Tech in 2009 was the best team either NDSU or UND have played since moving up, why this matters I have no clue.

Thread drift would explain why something that is not overly important or relevant would become relevant and extremely important.

Well Dave, I'm not following your logic at all. '09 Texas Tech really wasn't very special. They won against Nebraska. Other than that, looks like they beat no one to brag about other than an Oklahoma team missing Sam Bradford. Texas Tech would probably be the better team, but to say that it'd be a massacre makes no sense. Graham Harrell was gone bud, Michael Crabtree was too.

Do you realize that you just said - they beat Oklahoma and Nebraska (in Lincoln) in the same year and finished #21 in country and its no big deal.

They did beat Mich St in a bowl game and finished 9-4. The 4 loses are:

1) #2 Texas @ Austin 24-34

2) #23 Houston @ Houston 28-29

3) Texas A&M Lubback 52-30

4) #18 Okl St @Stillwater 17-24

Yep, pushover cupcake team wish they would play somebody to get that 9-4 record.

Texas Tech in 2009 was the best team either NDSU or UND have played since moving up, why this matters I have no clue.

Thank you for taking off your green and yellow shades and stating the obvious. I mentioned this fact maybe 12-13 pages ago and I've had a lot of people try to refute this point.

Where were you the entire time FargoBison? :)

It shouldn't matter, but it is being discussed only becaue there are some individuals among your fanbase who insist that the Bison have played stronger teams. I don't really understand exactly what they're trying to compensate for in making an issue out of this.

I believe you jumped in before I did. Once again throwing it to the other side.

This barrage on davek being a pizza guy is pretty juvenile. Maybe it makes you feel like more of a man to keep it up.

Reminds me of the gopher hockey fan one year in the REA that, after the Sioux were piling it on, started yelling "i make more money than all you effers" and gave our section the double-Hakstol

Let me guess, you lived in the dorms at NDSU last year (johnson hall, maybe??) and spent all your waking hours monitoring siouxsports.com so you could report to bisonville.

I guess that gives you a leg up on the guy sitting in mommy's basement with a headset on eating cheetos and playing halo 3 on-line with one guy from Pakistan and another guy from Venezuela.

Good for you.

• Upvote 2

This barrage on davek being a pizza guy is pretty juvenile. Maybe it makes you feel like more of a man to keep it up.

Reminds me of the gopher hockey fan one year in the REA that, after the Sioux were piling it on, started yelling "i make more money than all you effers" and gave our section the double-Hakstol

Let me guess, you lived in the dorms at NDSU last year (johnson hall, maybe??) and spent all your waking hours monitoring siouxsports.com so you could report to bisonville.

I guess that gives you a leg up on the guy sitting in mommy's basement with a headset on eating cheetos and playing halo 3 on-line with one guy from Pakistan and another guy from Venezuela.

Good for you.

Lived in the dorms back in '98. Reed hall. Pretty weird that a UND fan is feeling confident enough to try and call out a Bison fan on where he lived back when he was in the dorms? Close though. Off by 12 years and about 100 yards. I know the kid who you are referring to however, 344 is an interesting individual to say the least. I keep up on Bisonville and Siouxsports. Apparently, you also follow both sites as well. You did a great job describing 344Johnson, who according to BV has a whopping 744 posts. I would assume you have went on their Preposterous Statements thread. He has taken a liking to that one and yes, he pulls a Gold Mine of funny stuff some of the more.....ambitious UND fans have decided to put on a couple of SS.com threads, one in particular that I follow is the Facilities Masterplan thread. You went from sounding pretty knowledgable to looking just as goofy/childish as 344 does all through my interpretation of the data you were oh so kind enough to present to us.

Idk what barrage you are referring to? I think I made a joke about it the other day and probably one other time. I would not call it a barrage by any means and you have chosen to bring it up multiple days after Dave let it be known that he is indeed working in printing rather than the Pizza Industry (I'd assume Pizza Patrol or Domino's). I would also advise against eating Cheeto's and playing Xbox at the same time. Orange cheesy powder will make your controller look disgusting. The younger folks nowadays call it "live," not on-line, this isn't the 90's. It should also be noted that Xbox is generally speaking used by Americans and Europeans. The likelihood of playing with a Venezuelan and a Pakistani (especially considering the times a Pakistani would be playing) is extremely unlikely. Generally speaking again here, but rarely will you find only 3 people playing Halo against one another. They'd probably stop Xbox live support of the game long before it lost that kind of popularity.

Feel free to go take a seat son. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDSU and UND should play a little ball. Even every few years, it'd give me a reason to stop in and take a look at the Alerus and see it for the first time since '03. Or do you think UND will have the retractable roof stadium completed by then?

Lived in the dorms back in '98. Reed hall. Pretty weird that a UND fan is feeling confident enough to try and call out a Bison fan on where he lived back when he was in the dorms? Close though. Off by 12 years and about 100 yards. I know the kid who you are referring to however, 344 is an interesting individual to say the least. I keep up on Bisonville and Siouxsports. Apparently, you also follow both sites as well. You did a great job describing 344Johnson, who according to BV has a whopping 744 posts. I would assume you have went on their Preposterous Statements thread. He has taken a liking to that one and yes, he pulls a Gold Mine of funny stuff some of the more.....ambitious UND fans have decided to put on a couple of SS.com threads, one in particular that I follow is the Facilities Masterplan thread. You went from sounding pretty knowledgable to looking just as goofy/childish as 344 does all through my interpretation of the data you were oh so kind enough to present to us.

Idk what barrage you are referring to? I think I made a joke about it the other day and probably one other time. I would not call it a barrage by any means and you have chosen to bring it up multiple days after Dave let it be known that he is indeed working in printing rather than the Pizza Industry (I'd assume Pizza Patrol or Domino's). I would also advise against eating Cheeto's and playing Xbox at the same time. Orange cheesy powder will make your controller look disgusting. The younger folks nowadays call it "live," not on-line, this isn't the 90's. It should also be noted that Xbox is generally speaking used by Americans and Europeans. The likelihood of playing with a Venezuelan and a Pakistani (especially considering the times a Pakistani would be playing) is extremely unlikely. Generally speaking again here, but rarely will you find only 3 people playing Halo against one another. They'd probably stop Xbox live support of the game long before it lost that kind of popularity.

Feel free to go take a seat son. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDSU and UND should play a little ball. Even every few years, it'd give me a reason to stop in and take a look at the Alerus and see it for the first time since '03. Or do you think UND will have the retractable roof stadium completed by then?

Wow! you know a lot about live (online) gaming...

The younger folks nowadays call it "live," not on-line, this isn't the 90's. It should also be noted that Xbox is generally speaking used by Americans and Europeans. The likelihood of playing with a Venezuelan and a Pakistani (especially considering the times a Pakistani would be playing) is extremely unlikely. Generally speaking again here, but rarely will you find only 3 people playing Halo against one another. They'd probably stop Xbox live support of the game long before it lost that kind of popularity.

Wow! you know a lot about live (online) gaming...

And more than likely little else.

Its been that long since NDSU has seen the Nickel....wow, that was a long time ago....

Wait....What? You are in your 30's? Never would have guessed that.