SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs RPI / DU vs Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

If UND wins on saturday, the game WILL ONLY be on ESPNU i believe. This happend a few years ago becuz ESPNU is showing it live, they are the only channel to watch it on. Since the other game is on tape delay, there is a very good chance we will have it on absic cable in GF.

It'd be really nice if I could just drown out in hockey for 3 entire days all day everyday.. it'd sure be neat. I'm assuming not even bars in Grand Forks have the capabilities to get espn3.com? I'm not worried about watching the Sioux...I'm convinced that will happen on TV here.. but what about some of the others just for fun?

I don't think we can take this team lightly AT ALL. Their goalie seems to be a guy who could steal a game, and they have a couple guys who could burn you, especially on the power play.

My Keys to the game:

-Stay out of the box, on paper, they appear to have a pretty decent power play

-Jump on them early. I think we will have a good showing of fans who will be loud and proud, so the crowd and players need to get in their head early that they can't win

-Special teams - PK will be important, but I think we need to get a good PP clicking again. We've scored a few PP goals of late, but haven't really beat anyone soundly on the PP with crisp plays

I will be there with 7 others. We will be tailgating in the Lambeau parking lot most likely for pre-game stuff.

I don't see UMD making the Frozen Four especially how they played this weekend... They weren't very good against UMD BSU at all.

Fixed your post.

And I think UMD has a good shot at getting out of their regional, provided they play better defense than they did last week. Bemidji generated a lot of opportunities in that game, far more than they had against the Sioux a few weeks back.

With what has happened the past two years in the postseason it is unacceptable for UND to look past RPI. You look at the seniors on this team, the guys who have been through the battles, etc....I just can't see the Sioux not putting 100% focus into beating RPI.

Its tough to believe we are counting down the days for the careers of Trupp, Genoway, Frattin, Malone, Davidson.....Those guys come in as highly regarded Freshman, and before you know it they're gone.... :sad:

• Upvote 4

It'd be really nice if I could just drown out in hockey for 3 entire days all day everyday.. it'd sure be neat. I'm assuming not even bars in Grand Forks have the capabilities to get espn3.com? I'm not worried about watching the Sioux...I'm convinced that will happen on TV here.. but what about some of the others just for fun?

UND has espn3.com available on campus. Not an option for most but just thought people should know.

I'll go ahead and look past both RPI and Western. The annual game vs. BC is the one to watch. Your guys are pretty much indestructible and if they avoid the high hits on the BC midgets they should be fine.

The area where BC has killed UND in the past has been special teams play. That and that d@mn Gerbe..... :glare:

I'll call a spade a spade, the Sioux have a tough road to the frozen four. They'll have to play extremely well to get back to St. Paul.

I'll go ahead and look past both RPI and Western. The annual game vs. BC is the one to watch. Your guys are pretty much indestructible and if they avoid the high hits on the BC midgets they should be fine.

Wish that was the case. The thing about college hockey is there is no guarantees.

Western? You think DU will lose in the 1st round again? :)

FYI. Al Pearson will be taking Sioux fans to the regional in Green Bay. He's planning to leave Friday morning and return on Monday, as the Sioux WILL be playing both games there and emerging as the region's champ.

Do you know the costs associated with this bus?

Goon's world has a TV schedule. He's showing the Midwest regional games on Directv ch 208 (ESPNU), which works for me. Thanks Goon!

When I checked out ESPNU yesterday the Saturday games were NOT on ESPNU. Based upon the initial schedule they were listed as "ESPN Syndication" which means that ESPN would be producing the games but they are not on TV yet. I have read though where UND is negotiating to try to get the games on TV locally.

ESPNU DOES show the Sunday games being broadcast on ESPNU though.

I don't like the idea of facing DU again.

Let's face it... DU should have won that game. They played better than us for longer periods of time. They basically owned all but the last 5 minutes or so of the first OT.

They played Frattin as well as a team can.

I know we were without Gregoire but still...

I think we can go to the Championship game if we can get by DU... or if WMU pulls off a miracle and beats DU.

Let's face it... DU should have won that game. They played better than us for longer periods of time. They basically owned all but the last 5 minutes or so of the first OT.

I think we can go to the Championship game if we can get by DU... or if WMU pulls off a miracle and beats DU.

I don't really like the idea of playing them again (if the Sioux beat RPI)...but the Sioux could have just as easily cashed 3 or 4 more opportunities on Saturday and it would have changed the whole complexion of the game. I feel like we took DU's best shot and still managed to get the W.

Leave it to the NCAA to put the top two teams from the same conference in the same bracket...(Yale/Union as well)

We need to beat RPI first. Last year we didn't show up for the first two periods against Yale. We can't let that happen this year. Then we can worry about the Denver/Western Michigan winner. I think Denver is going to have a tough game too so it's not a given that they will make it to the championship either,