SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs RPI / DU vs Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

So, I just got the okay to order tickets.

I pulled tickets at the Resch Center website, but the only delivery options are UPS ground or air. I gotta think that's cutting it too close at this point.

I called their service center and they said they know about the problem and will call should be one of the options. They're trying to fix it and told me to try again in 4 hours. ARG! You guys think I have to worry about this selling out during these 4 hours?

I was thinking the same thing. They said the tickets come from Green Bay via UPS, if it can't get to MPLS or Duluth by Friday, UPS is in trouble.

Odd that Denver and ND are in the same region. I wonder if some were trying to ensure that another WCHA-only tournament doesn't occur by putting Merrimack in the Northeast instead of Denver? Swapping Merrimack and Denver would also bring the Northeast regional from two Hockey East teams to one...

It is a conspiracy against UND by the NCAA to punish the school for being hostile and abusive. They put a school the is UND'splayoff bane in the same bracket. That's why BC is likely to be our match up in the FF, too... ???

It is a conspiracy against UND by the NCAA to punish the school for being hostile and abusive. They put a school the is UND'splayoff bane in the same bracket. That's why BC is likely to be our match up in the FF, too... ???

No conspiracy. It's just maintaining bracket integrity.

It's what many of the "experts" predicted last night.

Can't think about BC yet, still two games to get through before that. Same for BC, they are in a tough regional as well.

I was thinking the same thing. They said the tickets come from Green Bay via UPS, if it can't get to MPLS or Duluth by Friday, UPS is in trouble.

I called that number back and asked if I could just order tickets over the phone. She said, "sure." Why not just tell me that the 1st time I called? lol

So I secured 2 full session packs at will call and saved about $30 on shipping and fees.

Can't wait to hit the road on Friday for Green Bay!

I called that number back and asked if I could just order tickets over the phone. She said, "sure." Why not just tell me that the 1st time I called? lol

So I secured 2 full session packs at will call and saved about $30 on shipping and fees.

Can't wait to hit the road on Friday for Green Bay!

what number did you call?

Used to be called ESPN 360. It's just the streaming for stuff the produce but don't have room for on one of their cable channels.

If you have an xbox360 and xbox gold membership you can view it through your box, but only if your isp offers it...which Midco does not :(

I'm still not convinced that BC is going to get out of that West regional. Having played CC last weekend, we all know how good CC's top line is and how good their goaltender is. Anything can happen in a one-and-done.

Assuming they get through that game, they get to play Omaha or Michigan. Ouch.

If they make it through that regional, they will have deservedly earned it.

I'm still not convinced that BC is going to get out of that West regional. Having played CC last weekend, we all know how good CC's top line is and how good their goaltender is. Anything can happen in a one-and-done.

Assuming they get through that game, they get to play Omaha or Michigan. Ouch.

If they make it through that regional, they will have deservedly earned it.

Agreed.

earlier this season in a postgame interview with TH Frattin mentioned they had overlooked yale and new hampshire the past two seasons-I would love to see Brad or another media member bring this up at the weekly press conference to see what they will do differently this weekend to not overlook RPI.

Denver would be an awfully tough 2nd round opponent. Sure we got the result, but DU could have whooped us in St. Paul. But to be the best you have to beat the best. This means DU and BC (and Yale... just kidding). If we can get to the X we will have a huge home field advantage. Hopefully we get a few players back. Gregs especially...

RPI

Rankings: 24th in KRACH, 18th in RPI, 15th in the PWR, 18th in USCHO poll. Finished 6th in the ECAC regular season.

Notable wins: Union, BU, Yale

Notable losses: CC, Union, Yale

With a Strength of Schedule ranked 45th, they have not played many games against the upper echelon of 2010-2011 college hockey teams.

Offensively:

They have 4 players with 20+ points, lead by Sr and former Holy Angels forward Chase Polacek with 21 goals and 27 helpers (only 8 of those goals were scored 5x5). The #2 is Sr Tyler Helfrich with 14 goals and 24 assists (9 scored 5x5). Defenseman Nick Bailen is a smaller offensive defenseman with 8 goals and 28 assists (5 scored 5x5). note, they have no one with double digit goals scored 5x5.

Defensively:

RPI has several large dmen and what appears to be a solid goalie in Jr Allen York 2.04 GAA and .927 SV%. I'm not sure how mobile these defenders are, but they are good sized.

Looks like a key is to jump on them early and put them behind (11 of the 12 games they lost, they were either down or tied after 1). They aren't going to want to run and gun with us, and they certainly lack our depth of scoring threats.

Denver would be an awfully tough 2nd round opponent. Sure we got the result, but DU could have whooped us in St. Paul. But to be the best you have to beat the best. This means DU and BC (and Yale... just kidding). If we can get to the X we will have a huge home field advantage. Hopefully we get a few players back. Gregs especially...

all indecations are gregoire will be back this weekend. I have more confidence in rematch now than I did last night. We didn't play all that well last night with the exception of Dell and were without JG. I feel we took one of DU's better punches last night and still prevailed. in three games against DU this season they haven't seen our best-hopefully that will be next sunday.

So last year in the Grand Forks area, didn't FSN pick up the Sioux/Yale game? I can't remember. What can we do to make sure that this game is viewable!? Espn3 isn't an option here either... Simply email Midco and bitch a little? :)

I remember watching it last year on "regular" TV, but I don't remember what channel. When they played Wisconsin in the regional final (won by Kozak's OT goal) my buddy and I scrambled to find a place to watch it cause our local cable companys didn't carry......ESPNU, I think it was. Finally, we called an acquaintance about 12 miles out who works as a trainer for UND. He was getting it on his dish and was making notes (or something) for the coaching staff. He told us to come on over, thank goodness. We missed most of the 1st period, which eventually was of no consequence. This year sounds like it might be something similar.

I believe that this is the natural bracket according to the PWR ranking. #1 plays #16.....

So while it seems unfair, it's a reflection on how the power is flawed, underranking both UND and Dumbver (as compared by the polls or the KRACH) rather than a decision by the committee.

By the way I noticed that Jim Dahl has a really neat comparison feature with all the major rankings on it.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/compare/

Yep, it's Pairwise rankings they use. The selection committee will, however, sometimes move teams around to avoid having teams in the same conferences play each other, or to put teams likely to draw fans in regionals near their homes.

Frozen 4

DULUTH

NORTH DAKOTA

OMAHA

MIAMI

I don't see UMD making the Frozen Four especially how they played this weekend... They weren't very good against BSU at all.

Edited by Goon

So last year in the Grand Forks area, didn't FSN pick up the Sioux/Yale game? I can't remember. What can we do to make sure that this game is viewable!? Espn3 isn't an option here either... Simply email Midco and bitch a little? :)

You are correct, last year Fox Sports North picked up the UND/Yale game. I don't think we'll have to do a whole lot. Immediately after the brackets were announced, Jayson Hajdu who is the SID tweeted that UND is already working on getting the game to be watchable on TV in North Dakota. Just gotta wait for more information to be released or an announcement from UND.