SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs RPI / DU vs Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

The field of 16 is set.......

ncaa_11.jpg

GO SIOUX

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 30-8-3 (.768)

Conference Record, WCHA: 21-6-1, 43 points

Home: 15-4-1 / Away: 12-4-2 / Neutral: 3-0-0

du.gif - Pioneers Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 24-11-5 (.662)

Conference Record, WCHA: 17-8-3, 37 points

Home: 16-4-2 / Away: 7-6-3 / Neutral: 1-1-0

wmu.gif - Broncos Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 19-12-10 (.585)

Conference Record, CCHA: 10-9-9-5, 44 points

Home: 13-5-3 / Away: 5-6-7 / Neutral: 1-1-0

150px-RPI_Puckman_logo.png - Engineers Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 20-12-5 (.608)

Conference Record, ECAC: 11-9-2, 24 points

Home: 13-6-1 / Away: 7-6-3 / Neutral: 0-0-1

East Regional (Bridgeport Arena at Harbor Yard, Bridgeport, CT)

No. 1 Yale vs. No. 4 Air Force (Friday, 6:30 p.m., ESPNU)

No. 2 Union (NY) vs. No. 3 Minnesota-Duluth (Friday, 3 p.m., ESPNU)

Midwest Regional (Resch Center, Green Bay, WI)

No. 1 North Dakota vs. No. 4 RPI (Saturday, 1:30 p.m., ESPN3.com)

No. 2 Denver vs. No. 3 Western Michigan (Saturday, 5 p.m., ESPN3.com)

West Regional (St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center)

No. 1 Boston College vs. No. 4 Colorado College (Friday, 9 p.m., ESPNU)

No. 2 Michigan vs. No. 3 Nebraska-Omaha (Friday, 5:30 p.m., ESPN3.com)

Northeast Regional (Verizon Wireless Arena, Manchester, NH)

No. 1 Miami vs. No. 4 New Hampshire (Saturday, 4 p.m., ESPNU)

No. 2 Merrimack vs. No. 3 Notre Dame (Saturday, 7:30 p.m., ESPN3.com)

Any idea why they have the Midwest Regional (Green Bay) as the early games on Saturday and the Northeast Regional as the late games?

Wouldn't you typically schedule them east to west due to the time change? I find this very odd.

Edit: I checked ESPNU's schedule for next Saturday....they are showing Lacrosse games when they could be showing the Sioux game.

Edited by RedFrog

Any idea why they have the Midwest Regional (Green Bay) as the early games on Saturday and the Northeast Regional as the late games?

Wouldn't you typically schedule them east to west due to the time change? I find this very odd.

Edit: I checked ESPNU's schedule for next Saturday....they are showing Lacrosse games when they could be showing the Sioux game.

...brings back memories of the longest lacrosse game in NCAA history...

ADVICE NEEDED!

Should I buy tickets through UND ticket office for NCAA regional or go online directly and purchase? Does UND ticket office get good seat locations?

I got 5th row, center ice tickets buying them online through the reschcenter.com website.

ADVICE NEEDED!

Should I buy tickets through UND ticket office for NCAA regional or go online directly and purchase? Does UND ticket office get good seat locations?

try through und first you should be able to really good seats and if you don't then go through the arena.

I'll be there with my wife. Making the 5 hour drive from Duluth.

Anyone else going or thinking about making the trek? It's only about 5 hours from MPLS

yep, I'd be driving from St. Paul. I was just going over hotels and ticket costs. This seems do able. Need to talk the old lady into it, wish me luck. ;)

Hopefully she is as much of a fan as you are. Promise her something good this summer to let you go.

she's from Wisconsin and never cared about hockey until she met me. I took her up to REA for her 1s time this year (notre dame), she went to the SShop during the 1st intermission and bought a jersey.

also, everytime we go to a game or watch it on TV together the Sioux always win, so she's a good luck charm. I just need to remind her of that, and that we need to go, because the team needs her. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RPI_Puckman_logo.png

AZ Sioux, I was hoping for this logo as you drew up the "weekly matchup" page.

I don't care who you are...you gotta have some love for the Puckman logo! This is what we're dealing with as the Sioux take on the Engineers. From Wikipedia:

"The official hockey mascot known as The Puckman has always been very popular. The Puckman is an anthropomorphic hockey puck with an engineer's helmet."

During the 1970s and 80s, one RPI cheer was:

E to the x, dy/dx, E to the x, dx

Cosine, secant, tangent, sine

Square root, cube root, log of pi

Disintegrate them, RPI!

let the 2011 redemtion tour begin:

beat RPI just because they are in the way

beat DU to make up for 2004, 2005 and any other injustices

beat BC for obvious reasons

beat yale to make up for last year.

perfect!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RPI_Puckman_logo.png

AZ Sioux, I was hoping for this logo as you drew up the "weekly matchup" page.

I don't care who you are...you gotta have some love for the Puckman logo! This is what we're dealing with as the Sioux take on the Engineers. From Wikipedia:

"The official hockey mascot known as The Puckman has always been very popular. The Puckman is an anthropomorphic hockey puck with an engineer's helmet."

During the 1970s and 80s, one RPI cheer was:

E to the x, dy/dx, E to the x, dx

Cosine, secant, tangent, sine

Square root, cube root, log of pi

Disintegrate them, RPI!

great logo and done!

So, I just got the okay to order tickets.

I pulled tickets at the Resch Center website, but the only delivery options are UPS ground or air. I gotta think that's cutting it too close at this point.

I called their service center and they said they know about the problem and will call should be one of the options. They're trying to fix it and told me to try again in 4 hours. ARG! You guys think I have to worry about this selling out during these 4 hours?

Odd that Denver and ND are in the same region. I wonder if some were trying to ensure that another WCHA-only tournament doesn't occur by putting Merrimack in the Northeast instead of Denver? Swapping Merrimack and Denver would also bring the Northeast regional from two Hockey East teams to one...

Odd that Denver and ND are in the same region. I wonder if some were trying to ensure that another WCHA-only tournament doesn't occur by putting Merrimack in the Northeast instead of Denver? Swapping Merrimack and Denver would also bring the Northeast regional from two Hockey East teams to one...

I believe that this is the natural bracket according to the PWR ranking. #1 plays #16.....

So while it seems unfair, it's a reflection on how the power is flawed, underranking both UND and Dumbver (as compared by the polls or the KRACH) rather than a decision by the committee.

By the way I noticed that Jim Dahl has a really neat comparison feature with all the major rankings on it.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/compare/

Interesting to look at rankings of strength of schedules. Michigan tech not included in that, though would think they'd be in top 15 if so.

No wonder there was no swapping of brackets. WCHA pretty strong again this year. Well, unless you've browsed b'vile lately, then you might be convinced otherwise.