SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to the CIT

nodakvindy

A cardiac run through the Great West Tournament keeps the season alive a little bit longer.

CIT tourney web site - http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/ The full bracket will be announced Sunday evening. This year the tournament has expanded from 16 to 24 teams.

Sioux open up play against Air Force Tuesday night at 8 pm. A win over the Falcons would be a huge recruiting coup, especially being in the heart of Big Sky country.

CIT tickets (Only $12) - Hope there is a nice turnout of Colorado area alums. Tickets are already on sale.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AUSAF%3AB11%3ACIT1%3A&linkID=usafa&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MB&cgc=

I believe the CIT also has an agreement with FCS, so there is a decent chance the game will be on TV.

• Upvote 1

A cardiac run through the Great West Tournament keeps the season alive a little bit longer.

CIT tourney web site - http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/ The full bracket will be announced Sunday evening. This year the tournament has expanded from 16 to 24 teams.

Sioux open up play against Air Force Tuesday night at 8 pm. A win over the Falcons would be a huge recruiting coup, especially being in the heart of Big Sky country.

CIT tickets (Only $12) - Hope there is a nice turnout of Colorado area alums. Tickets are already on sale.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AUSAF%3AB11%3ACIT1%3A&linkID=usafa&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MB&cgc=

I believe the CIT also has an agreement with FCS, so there is a decent chance the game will be on TV.

Pretty damn impressive late season run. The Bison are the better team.........but the Bison will be sitting a home........Nothing like a strong finish in the end.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Pretty damn impressive late season run. The Bison are the better team.........but the Bison will be sitting a home........Nothing like a strong finish in the end.

Jim, can you please get rid of this post. Its only going to muddle up what is a great thread for a heckuva an accomplishment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see that Oral Roberts made it but does NDSU have a shot at it or is it 1 team per conference?

A little bit of bitterness there. Have fun sitting at home and thanks for the well wishes.

I see that Oral Roberts made it but does NDSU have a shot at it or is it 1 team per conference?

Only one I believe.

No bitterness here. The Bison will be a power for the next few years looking at the young players we have. And yes.....any BB fan with a little knowledge knows full well the Herd would beat UND 9 times out of 10......just check the RPIs.

But....the Sioux are still playing and finished with the wins they needed. That is to be congratulated.

Only one I believe.

No bitterness here. The Bison will be a power for the next few years looking at the young players we have. And yes.....any BB fan with a little knowledge knows full well the Herd would beat UND 9 times out of 10......just check the RPIs.

But....the Sioux are still playing and finished with the wins they needed. That is to be congratulated.

NDSU has a decent young nucleus, but needs a point guard, some quickness on the perimeter and will really miss Tveidt. UND at least arguably has more young talent right now.

I won't derail this thread(even though I'm very tempted), congrats on making the CIT.

Why would you want to derail this thread? What has happened that would lead Bison fans to have to come over and say anything?

This is a nice accomplishment and reward for UND's Mens program that has struggled recently and should be viewed as such. All comments from other programs that do not have anything to do with the Great West are petty and simply come from insecurity. Let everyone enjoy this accomplishment.

Air Force has an RPI of 108 so this will be a huge challenge for UND. The UNC game could be something of a barometer, as UNC has a slightly higher RPI than AFA and UND lost that game by 18.

Yeah, I tend to think Air Force will give us problems. I hope I'm wrong though. Winning that game will be tough.

Regardless, still a great ending to a season that brought a ton of improvement and hope in the coming years after the transition.

Yeah, I tend to think Air Force will give us problems. I hope I'm wrong though. Winning that game will be tough.

Regardless, still a great ending to a season that brought a ton of improvement and hope in the coming years after the transition.

Agreed. It has already been a successful season--far more successful than virtually anyone could have predicted. Winning, or even just keeping the game against AFA competitive would just be icing on the cake.

Why would you want to derail this thread? What has happened that would lead Bison fans to have to come over and say anything?

This is a nice accomplishment and reward for UND's Mens program that has struggled recently and should be viewed as such. All comments from other programs that do not have anything to do with the Great West are petty and simply come from insecurity. Let everyone enjoy this accomplishment.

There was a comment I disagreed with but I let it go and said congrats.

Sioux fans should be happy, the team made some strides since last year and that is all you can hope for as a transition team.

You're delusional. You also thought your sophomore class was fated for greatness too. What happen to that?

The sophomore class isn't getting much playing time. Four freshmen start and another freshmen is in the top five in scoring. UND has three point guards: while seems the Bison have none. :lol: If you would have at least had one point guard, maybe your conference season wouldn't have been a train wreck.

This is great for our program. Just a question about all these post season tournamnets. Is it safe to say NCAA>NIT>CBI>CIT?

That's probably safe to say.

Since we are badly in need of more power inside, it will be great to say to potential recruits that we gained a post-season berth with four starting freshmen.