SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to the CIT

nodakvindy

I see Weber State and Montana got in the CBI tournament. That makes 3 Big Sky teams in post season tourneys.

Aren't Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado also in the post season? That would make 4 teams. 5 if you count a future member in UND.

Aren't Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado also in the post season? That would make 4 teams. 5 if you count a future member in UND.

You are correct, I forgot about Northern Arizona. That makes four Big Sky teams in post season tournaments.

Any chance at all for television on this game?

On the website it says all games are on Fox College Sports broadband with a link to watch online. The Championship appears to be the only game televised.

Every game will be broadcast live through Fox College Sports Broadband, with the championship being televised on Fox College Sports on Wednesday, March 30. The single-elimination format will be played entirely at on-campus sites, which will be determined by seeding.

Here is the webcast link...

http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_members.asp?id=379

I checked out the RPI difference on average between the CBI and CIT.

CBI = 119

CIT = 135

Not a huge difference and that also includes UND's 271, which is by far the lowest RPI in any tournament. Plus, the two highest rated teams in these two tourneys (Marshall - 54, Iona - 68) are in the CIT.

You're delusional. You also thought your sophomore class was fated for greatness too. What happen to that?

Bison Dan, you've made it quite clear both here and on Bisonville that you have little or no regard for UND athletics in any way, shape or form. All right, UND men's basketball may not be in the class of Kansas, Ohio State, North Carolina et al, but why do you and others from Bisonville have to piss on our parade?

Congrats to the sioux men. Bison fans, you should remember the transition, you would have loved a chance at something like this. It is as close to postseason as we can get right now. I think of this postseason as a nice dry run for when we enter the Big Sky, it can only help.

Agree, every game that is played and especially in any kind of tournament will only help down the road. The men are showing at a very young experience level that they can win the close games. The last half of the season they have been down double digit points and have come back to win or had leads disappear and all hope lost only to pull out the victory. This is usually done by veteran teams not teams that start 4 freshmen. Hopefully they are learning the value of every possession counts and that one or two bad shots could end up with a loss. Its all still work in progress and a road game against Air Force at this point of the season should be valuable experience win or lose. Go Sioux

Congrats to the sioux men. Bison fans, you should remember the transition, you would have loved a chance at something like this. It is as close to postseason as we can get right now. I think of this postseason as a nice dry run for when we enter the Big Sky, it can only help.

Actually, One of the years when NDSU was still in their transition, which was the first or second year of the CBI, Scotty Miller asked Miles if they were asked, would they play in the CBI, and they said they most likely would not pay the fee to get into the tournament.

Actually, One of the years when NDSU was still in their transition, which was the first or second year of the CBI, Scotty Miller asked Miles if they were asked, would they play in the CBI, and they said they most likely would not pay the fee to get into the tournament.

I bet they would if they had 4 freshmen starting and another the first one off the bench for the experience. At this stage any game against a very good team is worth the price. Of course, based on what was said in prior posts this game cost UND nothing. Go Sioux

Maybe they wouldn't have paid cause they couldn't afford it. I find it funny that a tournament good enough for the Oregon Ducks, Boise St. and others would not be good enough for ndsu.

Maybe they wouldn't have paid cause they couldn't afford it. I find it funny that a tournament good enough for the Oregon Ducks, Boise St. and others would not be good enough for ndsu.

Off topic but will Oakland ever learn to play defense? They are hanging around but are going to get beat every year at the NCAA if they don't at least attempt a defensive effort. Outscoring Summit league teams is great and fun but it obviously doesn't work when you actually play a good team. Also, Keith Benson is getting manhandled by Tristan Thompson. He has some work to do before the NBA.