SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to the CIT

nodakvindy

After reading various articles, I under stand that home teams have to pay a 31000 fee to host a game. But they get to keep all revenue that is generated. Also i believe part of that fee is all of the visiting teams expenses. SO its not costing us nothing to play this game and we probably wont make any $$$ ujnless we do some damage and then if we make the quarterfinals (win 2 games) i guess there is some revenue divided up between those team.

After reading various articles, I under stand that home teams have to pay a 31000 fee to host a game. But they get to keep all revenue that is generated. Also i believe part of that fee is all of the visiting teams expenses. SO its not costing us nothing to play this game and we probably wont make any $$$ ujnless we do some damage and then if we make the quarterfinals (win 2 games) i guess there is some revenue divided up between those team.

The opportunity to play in the post-season is worth any dollars at this point. Since the team is already in Orem, it probably isn't that difficult or costly to reroute their travel arrangements to Colorado Springs prior to returning home. The good thing is they've already been at elevation for almost a week, which should be helpful against AFA.

Actually 2 of our 4 sophmores are injured ( Goodman and Wilmar). Goodman was starting when he went down. Wilmar played against the Bison and had a good game before he went down. Archer had a serious knee injury late last year which involved surgery and hasn't bounced back . That class was contributing but injuries happen. Our Freshman class which followed is a terrific class though. Let's just hope every class continues to get better than the class before. Haugen hasn't played much lately but he hit a big 3 in Utah though. It is good to see Bison Dan is worried abouy the relative strength of our Sophmore class though.

NDSU has a decent young nucleus, but needs a point guard, some quickness on the perimeter and will really miss Tveidt. UND at least arguably has more young talent right now.

Agreed..... Tveidt was a heck of a player. One other thing about BB at this level. If you don't have a decent bench, the starters are going to run out of gas and you are not going to be able to finish tight games with a W. NDSU has a lot of experience (with a lack of bench play that is) in that department. Benches may be a challenge for both schools.

Agreed..... Tveidt was a heck of a player. One other thing about BB at this level. If you don't have a decent bench, the starters are going to run out of gas and you are not going to be able to finish tight games with a W. NDSU has a lot of experience (with a lack of bench play that is) in that department. Benches may be a challenge for both schools.

UND does need to develop more of a bench. My hope is that Wilmer will be a big help next year, and that incoming freshman Gentry and/or Goodman/Haugen can provide perimeter depth. And it goes without saying that we can't afford any of the current freshmen to run into any off-the-court problems or academic issues because all five are crucial to this program's immediate future.

Agreed. It has already been a successful season--far more successful than virtually anyone could have predicted. Winning, or even just keeping the game against AFA competitive would just be icing on the cake.

I believe this team (Fighting Sioux) was picked to finish last in the Great West.

Good Job Team.

Congrats to the team. What an exciting way to end an already pleasantly surprising season. I bummed cause I didn't realize it was on TV, but thanks to the two OT's I got to listen to Sioux basketball for the entire drive home from the hockey game.

I see the CIT website has a link to Fox College Sports, so hopefully that game will be on too.............................

This is great for our program. Just a question about all these post season tournamnets. Is it safe to say NCAA>NIT>CBI>CIT?

Yes, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth. More games=more practice which should mean a better start to next season. Might be a little reason for optimism with men's bball right now.

Actually 2 of our 4 sophmores are injured ( Goodman and Wilmar). Goodman was starting when he went down. Wilmar played against the Bison and had a good game before he went down. Archer had a serious knee injury late last year which involved surgery and hasn't bounced back . That class was contributing but injuries happen. Our Freshman class which followed is a terrific class though. Let's just hope every class continues to get better than the class before. Haugen hasn't played much lately but he hit a big 3 in Utah though. It is good to see Bison Dan is worried abouy the relative strength of our Sophmore class though.

I didn't mention but of course Allard has been very much part of the normal rotation and has been improving greatly as the year has gone on. In fact Allard has really been very good down the stretch. If it hadn't been for injuries the sophmore class would indeed have been a very good class too.

Tremendous start to their careers for this Freshman & Redshirt Freshman class. I believe if we get 2 or 3 players to be regular contributors out of our current redshirt sophmore class.that will have been a victory. Even though much was made of that class being the first elgible for the NCAA tournament, I would say that it still wasn't an easy class to recruit to, for the simple reason was if you were recruiting against an already elgible D1 or an established D2, I'm not sure that if I was the recruit that I would have chosen us, for 1 shot when I could go to another school for 4 shots at post-season D1 or D2. The Freshman class will only have 2 shots, and because of that I think that our ability to get better talent will improve in the next couple of years. But going back to our current Redshirt Sophmore class, I think Allard will be a great player to bring off the bench for years to come. He already is giving us great minutes, and with his frame, if his skill set improves, he will be a huge positive. I think Wilmer has the potential to give us productive minutes, as well-if that Bison game was just a glimpse. We may not get superstars in their careers out of that class, but I think we could have solid contributors for the next few seasons.

I think where you'll see the talent get better is when we get talent to visit. I think they will be excited to play with a player like Webb, who is all about sharing the ball, why wouldn't want to play with a guy like that if your a talented Forward or Center?

This is a great treat to finish our season. I am proud of our team, and even though it will be a great challenge to knock off Air Force on their floor, I'm glad that we will be given the opportunity. Go Sioux!

A partial listing of teams in the 2011 CIT...

Deeper look at CBI and CIT fields - www.chicagonow.com

CIT Field:

Northern Iowa -- See this post. (A lot of media follows UNI by the way!)

Santa Clara -- Diamond Leung has been money. His tweet confirmed this one.

Hawaii -- Here's the tweet, a lot of other places now too.

Portland -- They play at Hawaii per the above tweet.

Furman -- Official athletic site has this one. They're playing on the road.

Great West Auto-Bid -- Congratulations North Dakota!

Oral Roberts -- Tweet and official site confirmation. ORU is also going on the road.

San Francisco -- Leung strikes again.

Idaho - Info in above tweet.

Quinnipiac -- Official athletic site has them in. Bobcats are even hosting a game!

Air Force -- Tweet for Falcons hosting.

SMU -- School release. Mustangs will host Oral Roberts.

Rider -- See this tweet.

East Tennessee State -- This tweet is evidence since they're not making NIT.

Northern Arizona -- Playing at Santa Clara via this tweet - and others now.

Buffalo -- Confirmed in many places, but playing at Quinnipiac to start.

Tennessee Tech -- Officially announced.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-college-basketball/2011/03/deeper-look-at-cbi-and-cit-fields.html#ixzz1GcvvJDWN

GO SIOUX

THE 2011 CIT SCHEDULE

All times EST

FIRST ROUND

March 14-16

MONDAY

Buffalo (18-13) @ Quinnipiac (22-9) 7:00 pm

TUESDAY

Ohio (18-15) @ Marshall (22-11) 7:00 pm

Furman (22-10) @ East Tennessee State (22-11) 7:00 pm

Jacksonville (19-11) @ East Carolina (18-15) 8:00 pm

Rider (23-10) @ Northern Iowa (19-13) 8:00 pm

North Dakota (19-14) @ Air Force (15-15) 9:00 pm

Northern Arizona (19-12) @ Santa Clara (19-14) 10:00 pm

Portland (20-11) @ Hawaii (18-12) 12:00 am (midnight)

WEDNESDAY

Tennessee Tech (20-12) @ Western Michigan (20-12) 7:00 pm

Iona (22-11) @ Valparaiso (23-11) 8:00 pm

Oral Roberts (19-15) @ SMU (17-14) 8:00 pm

Idaho (18-13) @ San Francisco (17-14) 10:00 pm

FIELD SET FOR 2011 CIT

Every game will be broadcast live through Fox College Sports Broadband, with the championship being televised on Fox College Sports on Wednesday, March 30.

I see where Colorado State (Tim Miles team) just got selected to play in the NIT. If I remember right Air Force beat Colorado State by 15 or 20 I could be wrong on this. It is safe to say we probably have our hands full. It really doesn't matter because it is just fun to be in the post season. Go Sioux.

The sophomore class isn't getting much playing time. Four freshmen start and another freshmen is in the top five in scoring. UND has three point guards: while seems the Bison have none. :lol: If you would have at least had one point guard, maybe your conference season wouldn't have been a train wreck.

Agreed that the BIson need a point guard. That is the only position NDSU could have pulled off the Sioux roster this year and put in the starting line-up. The ONLY one. And the Bison have an athletic point guard transfer that had to sit out this year that is a good ball handler, can score and has a 42" vertical. They will be fine next year.

The Sioux got an automatic invite to a 4th tier tournament by winning a horrible conference's tournament. Don't get too excited. If you are beating a 5-26 team in the semi-finals on a questionable foul call if the final second, maybe you want to hold off on declaring their recruiting classes great.

Agreed that the BIson need a point guard. That is the only position NDSU could have pulled off the Sioux roster this year and put in the starting line-up. The ONLY one. And the Bison have an athletic point guard transfer that had to sit out this year that is a good ball handler, can score and has a 42" vertical. They will be fine next year.

The Sioux got an automatic invite to a 4th tier tournament by winning a horrible conference's tournament. Don't get too excited. If you are beating a 5-26 team in the semi-finals on a questionable foul call if the final second, maybe you want to hold off on declaring their recruiting classes great.

Sounds like about the same type of point guard about 200 other schools have.

I see where Colorado State (Tim Miles team) just got selected to play in the NIT. If I remember right Air Force beat Colorado State by 15 or 20 I could be wrong on this. It is safe to say we probably have our hands full. It really doesn't matter because it is just fun to be in the post season. Go Sioux.

They split during the year. The Rams won by 3 at home and lost by 17 at Air Force. This will be a very good test for our guys!!

It is so embarrassing for your fan base, how Bison fans are showing up in this thread to try and tear down the accomplishment. A complete lack of class and obvious insecurity that you have to come on here and talk about your own program, unsolicited. Especially coming off a terrible year with a second losing season in a row.

The growth that this team has achieved this year is outstanding. And the future of the program is definitely looking up. Even if it was "only" winning the Great West tournament, it is still another step in growing this program. In order for us to win this "horrible" conference we had to complete a 3 game season sweep of future Summit League member South Dakota.

Getting an extra game on the year and the experience of taking on a program like Air Force will be great for both the players and coaches. No matter how the game turns out, let's enjoy this and ignore the usual trolls.

I will be at Tuesdays game. Any game at the Academy is a difficult even for any opposing team. The cadets really creat a great enviroment.

Here is hoping that the Sioux can find some more magic in the tank.

(From the AF press release)

This will be the third meeting between Air Force and North Dakota on the basketball court. Air Force defeated UND, 77-61, at the Academy on Jan. 6, 1964 and the Sioux won the following year, 61-54, on Jan. 4, 1965 in Grand Forks, N.D.

Esox

Thank you for your interest in Fighting Sioux athletics. You obviously have some time now since your team is all done for the year. Our team still playing obviously bothers you enough to come on here and post. Thanks for visiting and you'll be able to follow the Fighting Sioux where ever you are on Nat'l TV.

Congrats to the sioux men. Bison fans, you should remember the transition, you would have loved a chance at something like this. It is as close to postseason as we can get right now. I think of this postseason as a nice dry run for when we enter the Big Sky, it can only help.