SiouxSports.com Forum

FRATTIN 4 HOBEY

AZSIOUX

I think an interesting way to quantify stats for Hobey is to use the SOS calculation from KRACH as a multiplier.

I took one plus the KRACH SOS divided by 100 to try and equalize the scoring leaders based upon difficulty of opponents.

The results are as follows:

SOS Adj Goals SOS Adj Assists SOS Adj Points

Miele 26 54 80

Zanett 31 28 59

Frattin 43 28 71

J.Connolly 17 51 68

Thompson 33 29 62

Camper 22 43 65

Nyquist 22 38 60

Atkinson 34 24 58

Anyway, excel didn't copy very well, but you can see that Miele still leads the country in points, but Frattin leapfrogs Zanette into the #2

In my mind this helps Frattin's cause. The decision will ultimately be whether or not Frattin's return from the brink is viewed as a positive or if his past indiscretions are used as a reason not to give it to him.

I think that the committee would be making a great statement by giving the award to Matt. It shows that everyone makes mistakes, but what you do afterwards determines your character.

The other question is about total points versus goals...the committee has gone both ways in years past.

I also understand the flaws in my calculation, but I am trying to create a fairly simple way of adjusting for playing the likes of DU and UMD and Omaha vs the likes of Le Cordon Bleu and National American University

I think an interesting way to quantify stats for Hobey is to use the SOS calculation from KRACH as a multiplier.

I took one plus the KRACH SOS divided by 100 to try and equalize the scoring leaders based upon difficulty of opponents.

The results are as follows:

SOS Adj Goals SOS Adj Assists SOS Adj Points

Miele 26 54 80

Zanett 31 28 59

Frattin 43 28 71

J.Connolly 17 51 68

Thompson 33 29 62

Camper 22 43 65

Nyquist 22 38 60

Atkinson 34 24 58

Anyway, excel didn't copy very well, but you can see that Miele still leads the country in points, but Frattin leapfrogs Zanette into the #2

In my mind this helps Frattin's cause. The decision will ultimately be whether or not Frattin's return from the brink is viewed as a positive or if his past indiscretions are used as a reason not to give it to him.

I think that the committee would be making a great statement by giving the award to Matt. It shows that everyone makes mistakes, but what you do afterwards determines your character.

The other question is about total points versus goals...the committee has gone both ways in years past.

I also understand the flaws in my calculation, but I am trying to create a fairly simple way of adjusting for playing the likes of DU and UMD and Omaha vs the likes of Le Cordon Bleu and National American University

I hope Matt wins the Hobey so I can shut the gopher fans up that keep tweeting me about what a horrible person Matt is and how he should be disqualified. I'm starting my own personal Frattin for Hobey twitter campaign just to piss them off. I'm glad my parents taught me not to judge people.

another big night from frats last night! 4 more points and a hatty. and to those who say hes padding his stats vs a weak team, sure he is just like every player/team who plays a bottom dweller team. the difference is they just happened to come at the end of the season.

FRATS 4 HOBEY

I hope Matt wins the Hobey so I can shut the gopher fans up that keep tweeting me about what a horrible person Matt is and how he should be disqualified. I'm starting my own personal Frattin for Hobey twitter campaign just to piss them off. I'm glad my parents taught me not to judge people.

Don't worry about the Gopher fans, they apparently don't have enough to complain about especially after losing to AA last night.

Also, I had had Matt in a couple of my classes a couple years ago, nice guy. He's just another college kid that made a mistake, and more importantly , he did the right thing and took the hard road to get back to the team. That should speak volumes.

Don't worry about the Gopher fans, they apparently don't have enough to complain about especially after losing to AA last night.

Also, I had had Matt in a couple of my classes a couple years ago, nice guy. He's just another college kid that made a mistake, and more importantly , he did the right thing and took the hard road to get back to the team. That should speak volumes.

Agree completely.

I'll go with this.

However, I still think, unless something unbelievable happens, Miele will get the Hobey.

I think it all depends on whose team makes the Frozen Four, if either. If the Sioux make a run to St. Paul, and Miami doesn't, and Frattin scores a few points in the Regionals, this thing is far from over. Just look at the stats from last year. Geoffrion, who put up some nice numbers, wasn't even in the Top Ten in scoring, but he was the best player out of the remaining teams, so he had all the talk going his direction, and he won the thing.

Are any of those gopher fans like any of the majority of the crowd at GPL who are begging that the gophers get Vinny Saponari who is playing very well in the USHL after getting kicked off of Boston University for multiple indescretions while other players were allowed to return to Boston University who got in trouble. Hmmm!

More Frattin stats provided by UND SID on twitter

Matt Frattin has 46 goals in his last 52 games. That means he's scored against great teams, good teams and, yes, bad teams.

Has figured in on 8 of UND's 12 GWG in Feb and March

Has 6 GWG, 8 go-ahead goals, 4 GTG, 4 GWA, 13 3rd-period goals

One more for the day, while we're talking "importance" of goals: Frattin has 21 G in 21 GP away from home, 10 coming in 3rd period or OT.

The second round of Hobey voting has begun and Frattin leads with 47% of the vote.

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/ - you must create an account to vote

Looked up the top goal scorer each year in the last 10:

01 33 Gionta (next was 32, Lundbohm)

02 37 Hartigan (34, Taffe) - how did they not win an NCAA game?

03 36 Sejna (35, Kunitz, Bochenski)

04 32 Lessard (29)

05 34 Sterling (27)

06 38 Potulny (34,Collins)

07 32 Cook - Niagara (31, Duncan)

08 35 Gerbe (33)

09 33 Lamoureaux (26)

10 30 Atkinson (29)

11 35 Frattin (30 Atkinson (back-to-back 30-goal seasons; what a stud))

Only 3 players in the last 10 years have scored more than 35 goals. If they want to give a career award, Atkinson's 30/30 is pretty compelling. If Meile loses, Miami fans will think of it as Panzer-style robbery (nation's top scorer by a good margin).

According to Cam Atkinson's twitter (http://twitter.com/CamAtkinson13), he is one of the Hobey Hattrick, which will officially be announced on Thursday.

So he will be the sole Eastern player...with the other two being Frattin and Miele.

Frattin is the only player of those three still playing...and neither of the other two advanced past the 1st round. That has to increase his odds a bit.

I truly think Frattin is this best player I have seen in a long time for the Sioux!! I think he will be the best professional player too.

Better than Captain Serious and Parise and even Stafford.......I dont think so....He will be a good pro though.

Kinda a dbag move tweeting about it before they announce it, moves like that are gonna find him on his arse slot in the NHL..

What a dbag....good riddance Atkinson....hope you have ZERO luck with the Blue Jackets

Kinda a dbag move tweeting about it before they announce it, moves like that are gonna find him on his arse slot in the NHL..

Kind of a dbag move to tweet about it at any time. This is the same guy that was tweeting before the regionals about how his team was gonna win 4 in a row. That didn't work out too well for him. I think Cam kind of likes himself a bit!