SiouxSports.com Forum

FRATTIN 4 HOBEY

AZSIOUX

Congrats to Miele. My green heart wanted Frattin, but Miele was a very deserving candidate as well.

Lots of Frattin hatred around the country. It amazes me how many people around the country never have made a mistake in their entire lives, and never made a mistake in college. Lots of halos to be handed out! :silly:

Hobey Baker Award Criteria

1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice.

2. Candidates must contribute to the integrity of the team and display outstanding skills in all phases of the game.

3. Consideration should be given to scholastic achievement and sportmanship.

4. Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules: be full time students in an accredited NCAA college or university; and complete 50% or more of the season.

If I had to point to why Frattin didn't get the award I would say #1 is why. I think his lawnmower tossing incident is something that weighed heavily against him. I respectfully disagree that there was a lot of Frattin hatred. He was a good player.

Congrats to Andy Miele on his Hobey Baker Award!

Really? Get over yourself and take a joke. :silly:

I can't imagine someone going to an award ceremony of that magnitude and freaking booing the recipient. Why is this even a question? I guess I haven't actually followed the ceremony itself before, has someone actually been booed as he received the award?

I can't imagine someone going to an award ceremony of that magnitude and freaking booing the recipient. Why is this even a question? I guess I haven't actually followed the ceremony itself before, has someone actually been booed as he received the award?

Nobody at the ceremony was booing. They were replying to me jokingly posting "booo" on this forum when Frattin didn't win it. I'm sure Miele quickly found a computer after he was handed the award and came on SiouxSports.com to see what Sioux fans were posting. He was probably very heart-broken after he saw my post.

It was very classless of me.

During the last INCH podcast the hosts felt that they needed to remind Sioux fans to keep it classy and told them not to boo if Frattin didn't win. Other anti-Sioux fans thought we would boo as well.

I was at the Hobey ceremony and it was a great night!

When the Sioux team filed in together to take their seats, the Sioux fans in the audience--yes, we predominated--gave them a huge round of applause. When Miele won as we knew he might, Sioux fans led the standing O--there wasn't a single boo. After the ceremony, when the Sioux filed out and walked the length of the concourse, Sioux fans stopped and applauded them the whole way. It was very emotional in that building.

Yes, Matt Frattin was our first choice for that honor but Andy Miele is a deserving winner and I don't think even the most partisan among us would dispute that. Congratulations to him, his family, teammates, coaches and the Miami family.

• Upvote 1

During the last INCH podcast the hosts felt that they needed to remind Sioux fans to keep it classy and told them not to boo if Frattin didn't win. Other anti-Sioux fans thought we would boo as well.

This is typical from INCH. North Dakota hockey are the New York Yankees of the college world. Everyone who isn't a fan guns for us. It is okay, and a compliment.

• Upvote 1

Credible Hockey Fan Award Criteria

1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice. #Fail

2. Must be a "WCHA-FAN" which is a fan of a team that is currently struggling. Will try and prove that i am not , will try to appear to be non-partisan. Also, must be in possession of pins collected from every Frozen Four, at least 12 seasons. The pins must be on display on your cap. *Check

3. He/She will stick up for WCHA on-ice officials. *Check

4. You have to be a troll. *Check

Ding..Ding.. Ding...Da-Ding....... We have a Winner!

Congratulations to Miele. Frattin is still the best in my opinion though.

And for the record, Sioux fans at the ceremony gave Miele a standing ovation. No boos at all.

I'm sure INCH will figure out a way to spin it into a negative against UND fans. Probably blast us for not cheering loud enough. Those guys are a bunch of clowns!

Another making of a super star for the NHL, from the FIGHTING SIOUX!! Congrats Frattin, wish you would have achieved your goal, but you should be very proud. I know there is about 12,000 or more people that can say they are proud to have watched you grow! Good luck and thank you! FIGHTING SIOUX FOREVER!!

• Upvote 2

If I had to point to why Frattin didn't get the award I would say #1 is why. I think his lawnmower tossing incident is something that weighed heavily against him. I respectfully disagree that there was a lot of Frattin hatred. He was a good player.

Congrats to Andy Miele on his Hobey Baker Award!

Go to Brad Schlossman's blog, and read what he has to say about the Frattin hatred. His quote, not mine...."That being said, I

I am a Sioux fan and always will be a Sioux fan. I just felt his boooo comment was completely douchey. We are already referred to as the worst fans in hockey. Please don't make it any worse than it already is with stupid, ignorant comments whether it was a joke or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats on a great Sioux career Matt! You were great to watch and you are the 2011 Hobey Baker winner IMO

The Sioux hockey program got lots of pub tonight during the Leafs game being they talking often about Frats.

Don Cherry of course hates college players so he ripped him :lol:

Frats really looked like he belonged in the NHL tonight he had a very good game considering the letdown

of Thursday night, the late bus ride home last night and an early flight to TO this morning.

I for one am really looking forward to watching him next year on HNIC Go Leafs Go!

PS I am happen for Sandy winning the title if we couldn't :glare: