SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Speaking of Perron.  He looks small and shifty.  I like it.  Pair him with Blake and Gaber (should he return) and they could do some damage as long as they could play the defensive side as well.  Our core group of younger forwards should be very good over the next couple years...if the coaches can figure out the goaltending and defensive woes, we could see some good teams.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Speaking of Perron.  He looks small and shifty.  I like it.  Pair him with Blake and Gaber (should he return) and they could do some damage as long as they could play the defensive side as well.  Our core group of younger forwards should be very good over the next couple years...if the coaches can figure out the goaltending and defensive woes, we could see some good teams.

Well I don’t think he will be with Blake and Gaber because they all play wing lol. 

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Speaking of Perron.  He looks small and shifty.  I like it.  Pair him with Blake and Gaber (should he return) and they could do some damage as long as they could play the defensive side as well. ... 

Just adding a key emphasis ... 2/3 of that ain't do so hot on that this year. 

On 1/24/2023 at 12:22 AM, brianvf said:

#50 is more like it I’m thinking, some have Perron going in the first. I’m not so sure anymore, unless he’s current hurt. His numbers have taken a significant dip since his hot start. They moved Celebrini off his line i believe and every came to a halt. Hopefully he he picks it back up.

on a more positive note, Emerson still cruising along. Slipec struggling as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

#50 is more like it I’m thinking, some have Perron going in the first. I’m not so sure anymore, unless he’s current hurt. His numbers have taken a significant dip since his hot start. They moved Celebrini off his line i believe and every came to a halt. Hopefully he he picks it back up.

on a more positive note, Emerson still cruising along. Slipec struggling as well.

Your prospect comments are both valuable and appreciated. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Chicago changed their lines frequently. Every time I look they have different lines. Celebrini was on his line last night. Last weekend he played one game on a line with Emerson and another game with other players. 

6 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

How many underclassmen Defensemen could we lose for next year.

Not just underclassmen...but oh well:

Probably Kleven.  Maybe Johnson to portal.
For sure Farmer, Jandric, and Sidorski gone.
Hopefully Frisch decides to use his 5th year.

10 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Chicago changed their lines frequently. Every time I look they have different lines. Celebrini was on his line last night. Last weekend he played one game on a line with Emerson and another game with other players. 

I noticed that. He had a G and A tonight…that’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully he goes on a heater here.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Not just underclassmen...but oh well:

Probably Kleven.  Maybe Johnson to portal.
For sure Farmer, Jandric, and Sidorski gone.
Hopefully Frisch decides to use his 5th year.

I really hope I’m wrong, but I would be blown away if Johnson is back. He was so good to start the year too. 

26 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Did he just fall out of the coaches favor, seemed like he was playing well. 

When was he last playing well? Like he was fine to start off the year but once the defensive struggles became more glaring his defensive issues stuck out more than his strengths. He was really bad in the defensive zone in the last few games he played in the first half, and hasn’t played since. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

When was he last playing well? Like he was fine to start off the year but once the defensive struggles became more glaring his defensive issues stuck out more than his strengths. He was really bad in the defensive zone in the last few games he played in the first half, and hasn’t played since. 

The first handful of games his O game popped. I believe he was putting up point too. I’m talking real early, like the first 3-4 games. Definitely some defensive miscues in there. But to get benched the rest of the year when there are definitely others who are super easy to play against? Not sure he should have been written off that quickly unless there was an attitude issue. 

This is about development, he has basically wasted two years. He should have played USHL last year and this year is obviously worst case scenario. To not even get in games, given where our team is, basically is the writing on the wall.

28 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The first handful of games his O game popped. I believe he was putting up point too. I’m talking real early, like the first 3-4 games. Definitely some defensive miscues in there. But to get benched the rest of the year when there are definitely others who are super easy to play against? Not sure he should have been written off that quickly unless there was an attitude issue. 

This is about development, he has basically wasted two years. He should have played USHL last year and this year is obviously worst case scenario. To not even get in games, given where our team is, basically is the writing on the wall.

This is where I believe Berry made a very hypocritical decision by telling Morrow (yes I know there were other issues as well but what started it all was wanting him to play a year in the USHL) yet brining in a player who clearly needed another year if not two in the USHL. There's no question we lost the better of the two players. Sorry beating a dead horse with this one!   

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

This is where I believe Berry made a very hypocritical decision by telling Morrow (yes I know there were other issues as well but what started it all was wanting him to play a year in the USHL) yet brining in a player who clearly needed another year if not two in the USHL. There's no question we lost the better of the two players. Sorry beating a dead horse with this one!   

I applaud Morrow. He called their bluff. He must have realized he didn’t need UND to get to the NHL.  This is probably what led to them scrambling to find another player that was playing very well in the USHL that season and was projected to get drafted. maybe they needed to keep their streak of NHL drafted players coming to school intact.  We’ll never know… either way was a bad move by the coaches to pressure this kid to come in after coming off shoulder surgery.  #6 has played on a very short leash all yr compared to others. At one point this season he had 6 pts in 10 games and +7.  He did have a few miscues in his last few games which could be attributed to confidence and knowing the coaches would bench him if he made any mistakes. Almost seems like he is being used as the scapegoat.   I hope to see the the kid go to another school play great for 2 yrs and sign pro. Just throwing this out thereMaybe both parties have agreed that he sit for the rest of the yr to prevent an injury that would prevent him from transferring. 

1 hour ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I applaud Morrow. He called their bluff. He must have realized he didn’t need UND to get to the NHL.  This is probably what led to them scrambling to find another player that was playing very well in the USHL that season and was projected to get drafted. maybe they needed to keep their streak of NHL drafted players coming to school intact.  We’ll never know… either way was a bad move by the coaches to pressure this kid to come in after coming off shoulder surgery.  #6 has played on a very short leash all yr compared to others. At one point this season he had 6 pts in 10 games and +7.  He did have a few miscues in his last few games which could be attributed to confidence and knowing the coaches would bench him if he made any mistakes. Almost seems like he is being used as the scapegoat.   I hope to see the the kid go to another school play great for 2 yrs and sign pro. Just throwing this out thereMaybe both parties have agreed that he sit for the rest of the yr to prevent an injury that would prevent him from transferring. 

I hope this isn’t the case. I would like to see 6 stick around and be a top four Defenseman the next two years. I personally think he should be getting ice this year as well. 

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

…and some of the mistakes are things you just don’t do, and I’m sure are preached not to do. Maybe choosing to play pond hockey instead of following what they go over in video sessions put him in the doghouse.  No question that Sidorski deserves to be playing, as he does the right thing most of the time.

• Upvote 1