SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Great! I was waiting on this.  I hope he plays a few years in the USHL to get accustomed to the pace.  Looks as though he is currently struggling but a lot of players do.  It's a great league.

He will play for EGF again this high school season and rejoin the Force after the high school season is finished and then I would think he will spend the 2015 season with Fargo before coming to campus in 2016.

He will play for EGF again this high school season and rejoin the Force after the high school season is finished and then I would think he will spend the 2015 season with Fargo before coming to campus in 2016.

I also read that. Not sure if that speeds up his development or not but hopefully he is ready come 2016. I am a real big fan of the ushl over mn high school, if you're ready obviously, as it is such a good league where u get high paced hockey and a bunch of games. I am in the minority however that league seems to get better every year.

Development is one thing but I could never get upset with a kid who wants to spend his last year of high school with his friends.  Life gets much too serious too quickly after that.  That year is priceless for its own reasons.

I agree the development is great but I love when kids have the USHL or development team option and turn it down to play for their hometown team especially Minnesota kids since I get a chance to see a decent number of Minnesota high school games.

• Upvote 1

I agree the development is great but I love when kids have the USHL or development team option and turn it down to play for their hometown team especially Minnesota kids since I get a chance to see a decent number of Minnesota high school games.

it worked well for Oshie.

Development is one thing but I could never get upset with a kid who wants to spend his last year of high school with his friends.  Life gets much too serious too quickly after that.  That year is priceless for its own reasons.

That's why I'm in the minority :) .  I hear that from the guys I skate with all the time (Twin City guys). Just a personal opinion of mine.  I grew up in ND where you really had to leave a year early, in most cases, to continue developing. Again, I said most cases.  I know those Minnesotans love their high school hockey though.

I guess it may help with his confidence too as I'm guessing he will dominate for EGF this year.

Firday

Chirs Wilkie with a goal on 3 shots going -1 with 2 PIMS.

Shane Gersich with a goal on 5 shots going +1 in the win.

Hayden Shaw doesn't play for Waterloo.

Zach Yon doesn't register a point in the loss going -1.

Dixon Bowen goes -2.

Rhett Gardner gets 2 assist in the win.

Saturday

Chris Wilkie a goal on 6 shots going -2 in the loss.

Dixon Bowen goes -2 and 2 PIMS in the loss.

Zach Yon with a goal on 3 shots going -1.

It was in Dubuque and Cakebread was on campus today so I'm guessing he didn't make the trip.

Rhett Gardner gets a goal and assist in the win.

@SeanLafortune: Our top uncommitted prospect, defenceman Andrew Peski has committed to North Dakota for 2016

@moose_peski4: Extremely proud and honored to announce that I have committed to North Dakota hockey. Thanks everyone who has helped me along the way!

So how good is Peski?  What level of prospect did we pick up here?  Is he a draft pick level pickup?  1st round draft pick kinda of pickup?  An unheralded kind of player that fits the system?  I guess I'm just not familiar with him.

He's in his second full season at Brockville, last year he (6-20-26) in 57 games this year he's 5th in scoring at Brockville (2-16-18) through 20 games. He was drafted by Tri-City Storm in the USHL, He might end up there next year.

Here's some video on him.  He's good enough to earn a scholarship.  Was a 5th round USHL pick and a 6th round OHL pick.  According to Heisenberg he is the 4th best player in Ontario/Eastern Canada.  He was a forward 4 years ago and moved to Defense because of "natural instinct to trail the play."  I think with Evers and Chartrand, both more Defensive Defenseman, they were looking for someone with more of a scoring pedigree. In 20 games he has 18 points, 2G 16A, with only 6 PIMS but he plays all situations for Brockville.

Here's some video on him.  He's good enough to earn a scholarship.  Was a 5th round USHL pick and a 6th round OHL pick.  According to Heisenberg he is the 4th best player in Ontario/Eastern Canada.  He was a forward 4 years ago and moved to Defense because of "natural instinct to trail the play."  I think with Evers and Chartrand, both more Defensive Defenseman, they were looking for someone with more of a scoring pedigree. In 20 games he has 18 points, 2G 16A, with only 6 PIMS but he plays all situations for Brockville.

Looks like a slightly slower/ less agile clone of Troy Stecher