SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

"Cakebread is stirring it up in the corner." "Cakebread's goal will put the icing on the cake for the win" "Cakebread absolutely toasted that defenseman as he goes in for the goal. "

Hopefully he'll rise to the occasion.

Let's just hope he doesn't "kneed" anyone.

Bummer for Poganski

@SchlossmanGF: Austin Poganski to miss All-American Prospect Game due to injury. Injury not longterm. Should be back soon for Tri City.

Girsech, Mantha and Schmaltz all playing in tomorrow nights top us prospects game in Pittsburgh

Anyone able to watch? How did our guys look?

I watched it. Schmaltz and Gersich both looked good, their skill is pretty evident. I particularly liked Gersich though, who I thought was the best player on the ice through the first period and into the second. He had a couple of shorthanded partial breakaway attempts, was always motoring, went to the hard areas, etc. Played a Parise-esque game IMO. Mantha played a sound defensive game outside of leaving the front of the net wide open on one occasion in order to chase a puck along the boards. He does a great job clearing the front of the net with his combination platter of size and snarl. Skating could use some work as he seems to have heavy feet. Just my 2 cents, but overall three nice looking prospects for UND.

Rhett Gardner got his first point tonight with an assist on the powerplay for the Okotoks Oilers.

Tucker Poolman 2 assists for Omaha

Nick Schmaltz 2 goals for Green Bay

Ryan Gropp with a goal for Penticton

Poolman sounds like a hell of a player as well! Is the younger Poolman a F or D? Are Bowen poolman and all those EGF kids all still there or did any go to juniors? Thanks sorry to get off track a bit but just curious

Gropp could be Johnny Toews good

I think the expectations for Gropp are a little high. At the same age as Gropp is now, Toews was busy scoring 20+ goals against NCAA opponents. Don't get me wrong, Gropp will be a great player, but Toews is proving to be a once a decade player in the NCAA.

I think the expectations for Gropp are a little high. At the same age as Gropp is now, Toews was busy scoring 20+ goals against NCAA opponents. Don't get me wrong, Gropp will be a great player, but Toews is proving to be a once a decade player in the NCAA.

Obviously not saying he's that good right now or on exact path that Johnny was just seems to be a special player! Hope he ends up on campus! Yes Toews was once a generation and even more rare for college with major juniors knocking on your door daily

Gropp seems to have great size as well. Look forward to seeing him skate in the Ralph