SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

When a prospect can go wherever he wants, it is ultimately his opinion that matters. All the coaches can do is make sure he has accurate information.

Which is more than we do most of the time!  :D  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Sounds like a good recruiting win for UND. Curious if he was recruited by Mayotte at CC given his dad’s legacy as a Tiger. 

I would guess they tried to recruit him but ultimately he picked UND over Minnesota and Denver. He also played at the Five Nations tournament last summer that was in Colorado Springs. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I would guess they tried to recruit him but ultimately he picked UND over Minnesota and Denver. He also played at the Five Nations tournament last summer that was in Colorado Springs. 

His dad was such an amazing player and probably one of the greatest CC Tigers in program history. It’ll be fun watching Mac as a UND player. 

Awesome!  Welcome aboard Andrew!!

O'Neill made unofficial visits to UND, Michigan State and Western Michigan.

"It's crazy; every time I go into the rink and see the facilities and weight room downstairs, it's mind-blowing," O'Neill said. "There's nothing like it."

O'Neill is the first 2007-born player to commit to UND.

He will play the 2023-24 season with USA Hockey's National Team Development Program Under-17 Team.

Alright...one of the three Fargo/Moorhead kids down.
Keep 'em coming Berry and Co!

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Nice get, 4 star. I’ve heard he’s really really athletic. These local kids are the ones we can’t miss. 

This kid played one year as a freshie @ South and then a AAA team last year in Chicago, is that correct?

Good height..what caused his uptake as a solid recruit, a good summer + time spent in the USA hockey Select Festival?  I’m just generally curious. Nice to see a Fargo, ND on the team in the upcoming years. 

29 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

This kid played one year as a freshie @ South and then a AAA team last year in Chicago, is that correct?

Good height..what caused his uptake as a solid recruit, a good summer + time spent in the USA hockey Select Festival?  I’m just generally curious. Nice to see a Fargo, ND on the team in the upcoming years. 

Yep, played ND HS then tier 1 last season. Same thing spicer did. Tier1 helps with exposure, etc. Most likely was the primary reason he was selected for the NTDP team.

I’ve heard he’s always been good. Probably was the increased exposure playing tier 1 along with the fact he’s really athletic. Typically the athletes win in the long run. 

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Yep, played ND HS then tier 1 last season. Same thing spicer did. Tier1 helps with exposure, etc. Most likely was the primary reason he was selected for the NTDP team.

I’ve heard he’s always been good. Probably was the increased exposure playing tier 1 along with the fact he’s really athletic. Typically the athletes win in the long run. 

Hes been the best player in the 06/07/08 age group on ND since very young,... Squirts... PW....

• Upvote 1