SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage of NCAA Regionals

RedFrog

All that stuff is very cheap to broadcast. The commercial's that run during those hours are either bonussed, or at very low rates and for the advertiser. To get hockey they they have to be able to sell it to the advertiser, and they probably are going to ask that for a live broadcast game rate, increasingly the cost to the advertiser. FSN North would have most likely have to find a way to recoup it's fee that it have to pay in order to air the games. Its all about the $$$'s.

Whose commentating?

I wouldnt mind matvick but i bet he gets the west like usual

thought melrose and buccigross woudl do ours since they are obsessed with BC but they are doing albany

hope he knows a bit about hockey...

Give me Gary Thorne, unless Doc Emrick is available.

Whose commentating?

I wouldnt mind matvick but i bet he gets the west like usual

thought melrose and buccigross woudl do ours since they are obsessed with BC but they are doing albany

hope he knows a bit about hockey...

Found this:

Frozen Four telecasts will feature Gary Thorne (play-by-play), Barry Melrose (analyst), Clay Matvick (ice-level reporter) calling all the action from Detroit. At regional semifinals and finals, commentators include play-by-play announcer John Buccigross and analyst Barry Melrose (NHL) at the East Regional in Albany, N.Y.; Matvick and Jim Paradise (Colorado College) at the West Regional in Saint Paul, Minn.; Dan Parkhurst and Damian DiGiulian (Hamilton College) at the Northeast Regional in Worcester, Mass.; and Ben Holden and Ritchlin (Michigan) at the Midwest Regional in Fort Wayne, Ind. Also during coverage of the regional rounds, the ESPNU studio will be anchored by Lowell Galindo and Bob Norton (Rutgers).

ok all I found this and it did work for me...

This works for some.

1) On your browser, go to Tools, then Internet Options.

2) Click the Connections tab.

3) Under this tab, go to LAN Settings.

4) Click the check Use a proxy server.

5) For the address, put: 137.99.11.87, for the port put: 3128

6) Press okay until you get back to your browser.

7) Go to ESPN360.com. If everything went right, it will say something like "Congratulations, your internet provider has ESPN360!" or something along those lines.

8) Click on the video you want.

9) Once the video is open, go back to your internet options to the proxy stage and uncheck the proxy.

If this is done correctly, it usually works, but does not work for every computer.

I e-mailed Midcontinent Communications. Their response:

At this time Midcontinent Communications hasn't released information regarding the purchase of syndications from ESPN. While this doesn't mean that we will air the game anything is possible between now and game time. Please contact us later to check for availability.

So to all who are Midcontinent subscribers, e-mail them! Alternative if FSN doesn't purchase the syndication rights.

I think it's time to establish Pay-Per-View options so that people that want to watch these games can just order them and watch them and not have to worry about all this crap. I would certainly fork over the cash to watch all the games I could in one weekend. As far as I'm concerned, "tape delay" is the same as not showing it at all. This is a live sporting event, not a Brady Bunch rerun.

I think it's time to establish Pay-Per-View options so that people that want to watch these games can just order them and watch them and not have to worry about all this crap. I would certainly fork over the cash to watch all the games I could in one weekend. As far as I'm concerned, "tape delay" is the same as not showing it at all. This is a live sporting event, not a Brady Bunch rerun.

Agreed! Something like the B2TV network provides...I'd buy at least four games next weekend if I could.

All hockey fans the ncaa regionals will be on espn360.com and other various stations this weekend.

Joe Sensers in Roseville & Bloomington will have acess to espn360 with the ability to put it on the big screens live not tape delayed.

I hope everyones teams pull out some victories. We appreciate your business all season long and look forward to some great games this weekend.

See ya soon

follow joe sensers on twitter and facebook for info all season long.

All hockey fans the ncaa regionals will be on espn360.com and other various stations this weekend.

Joe Sensers in Roseville & Bloomington will have acess to espn360 with the ability to put it on the big screens live not tape delayed.

I hope everyones teams pull out some victories. We appreciate your business all season long and look forward to some great games this weekend.

See ya soon

follow joe sensers on twitter and facebook for info all season long.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Is there even a broadband provider in the Fargo-Moorhead area that has an agreement with ESPN 360? I'm not seeing it. If this is the case, I'm guessing there will be no options to see the game live at a bar anywhere in town? Is our only hope that one of the local cable companies or stations picks up the ESPN Syndication?

This is frustrating!

Is there even a broadband provider in the Fargo-Moorhead area that has an agreement with ESPN 360? I'm not seeing it. If this is the case, I'm guessing there will be no options to see the game live at a bar anywhere in town? Is our only hope that one of the local cable companies or stations picks up the ESPN Syndication?

This is frustrating!

No provider in Fargo for 360.

Got to get lucky with FSN???...doubtful or Midcon in WF picking it up then finding some place to watch it.

Totally absurd that that's what we are stuck with here in the FM area...but ESPN will have log rolling, world's strongest man contest or reruns of this year's national spelling bee on instead! :D

No provider in Fargo for 360.

Got to get lucky with FSN???...doubtful or Midcon in WF picking it up then finding some place to watch it.

Totally absurd that that's what we are stuck with here in the FM area...but ESPN will have log rolling, world's strongest man contest or reruns of this year's national spelling bee on instead! :D

This has all happened before. Just asinine.

maybe i don't understand how espn360 works, but could one stream it on their computer, then hook the cpu to the tv? i know bww in fargo has done this in the past for webstream (like the b2 webcasts). is there only certain people who can stream the live stuff on their computer? this really sucks :D i guess schossman better make sure the server for his live game blog is ready!

maybe i don't understand how espn360 works, but could one stream it on their computer, then hook the cpu to the tv? i know bww in fargo has done this in the past for webstream (like the b2 webcasts). is there only certain people who can stream the live stuff on their computer? this really sucks :D i guess schossman better make sure the server for his live game blog is ready!

Yes you can do that, that is how i watched the games before the FCS contract was announced.

Yes you can do that, that is how i watched the games before the FCS contract was announced.

Technically that is how it works, but the problem appears to be that no one in the Fargo area can get espn360, unline the B2 webcast, so BWW won't be able to show it either.

amen. the ncaa could sell games at $2 a game all season for all teams and make a killing.